I don't want to say I told you so but the game flopped because of SuperBot

#61TerotrousPosted 11/26/2012 7:34:04 AM
This is one of the worst topics I've seen in a long time.

People complaining about games they don't play based on unconfirmed numbers from a single region?

If developers listened to fools like the TC gaming would have died a long time ago. Remove all characters except people like Kratos and Cole? What a dope.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GEN Alien Soldier"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#62lightdragoon88Posted 11/26/2012 7:41:53 AM
aPimp_named_leE posted...

no it was not. once you get past the initial oddness of it, the combat is pretty fluid, the story is great for a sonic game, and the multiple branching paths are something i wish were in more video games. the guns idea was weird, but its not game breaking and can be adapted to. overall i had a good time with it

1) Combat? It a sonic game, it supposed to be jump and homing attack.

2) Story? Where is that damn 4th chaos emerald? THIS IS WHO I AM!! What am I? Chaos emerald.

3)The branching path made so sense. One path had you going against Black Doom and in the very next cutscene, Doom and Shadow are talking like friends and Shadow is listening to him.

4)There is also the lame missions. Go kill all X enemies, but if you miss one, you have to backtrack all over the map again to find that one enemy you miss, adding 10 minutes of running around. THAT is poor design.
---
LIFE IS A BEAUTY HOWL!
#63AalviPosted 11/26/2012 7:42:58 AM
aPimp_named_leE posted...
lightdragoon88 posted...
Aalvi posted...
lightdragoon88 posted...
If they did listen to the fans 100%, they would of gone out of business do to all the lisceing issue before the game was completed.

And even if they listen, 1 says one thing, another says something else, so no matter what, people would still whine and moan and blame them.

I say don't go either extremes of ignoring the fans and relying heavily on the fans(reminds me of shadow the hedgehog).

Oh god, that was bad.

no it was not. once you get past the initial oddness of it, the combat is pretty fluid, the story is great for a sonic game, and the multiple branching paths are something i wish were in more video games. the guns idea was weird, but its not game breaking and can be adapted to. overall i had a good time with it

I wouldn't know, just know about the situation.

no intention of offending people who like the game.
---
Check out my backlog: http://backloggery.com/aalvi
PSN ID: Aalvi-S|http://psnprofiles.com/Aalvi-S|3DS FC in Profile
#64blitz_0623Posted 11/26/2012 7:44:40 AM
Well Lumi why don't you go up to Sony and offer them a chance to make you the lead developer for another cross over and do everything better? SuperBot is so bad you can definitely do better right?
#65sarevokmbPosted 11/26/2012 8:02:58 AM
Bestia_Somnia posted...
LuminescentRule posted...
The worst thing is that this could have been avoided if SuperBot took feedback from the fans. We are the consumers, we know best.

Except you're a parasite, not a consumer though.

How is he a parasite? That makes no sense. His opinion is just as valuable as your own. Look at his PSN profile. He has obviously played the game pretty extensively, on both platforms.
---
"The law is only a protection when everyone agrees to be bound by it. We don't." -Thane, Mass Effect 2
#66Thunder097Posted 11/26/2012 8:04:02 AM
I don't see stupid decisions.

I see a really good first-time cast with many more to be used for sequels.

I told you - that's because you're a blind fanboy. Why do you think the game isn't selling if their decisions weren't bad?

You still got the game for 60 bucks. If you didn't everything you are saying is invalid.
---
Waiting for:Injustice God Among Us,PSASBR and The Last of Us! PSN-Thunder097 Official New Dante of the PSASBR board.
#67RoboDaleGribblePosted 11/26/2012 8:05:46 AM
blitz_0623 posted...
Well Lumi why don't you go up to Sony and offer them a chance to make you the lead developer for another cross over and do everything better? SuperBot is so bad you can definitely do better right?

Because there are perfectly capable devs like Naughty Dog, Sucker Punch Productions, and Nihilistic Software they could use instead, and not some random guy from Australia?
#68NintendoDudeGuyPosted 11/26/2012 8:15:12 AM(edited)
BigKahn6 posted...
I just loved how you didn't talk about the most important points I made on how to make this game sell well.
I guess you're beginning to accept the truth?

All right, I'll comment.

#1: Follow the trends. While the Super Kill system was unique, that is something that hurt the games sales so it would've been better to give the game a ring-out system to please the fanbase.

Okay, I should have mentioned that I do hate that someone can just come kill me out of nowhere when I wasn't taking much damage. Playing a stock match, suddenly I'm losing. Boom, dead.

#4: Heavily advertise the game.

I can't argue with that, can I? :P

#7: One graphic style instead of a mesh of multiple styles.

My comment on #6, that it's Sony Smash Bros, works here too. But I guess they could manage a more uniform graphics style, so I didn't care to argue about it.
But then again, isn't that the point? *looks at Loco Roco stage* *Metal Gear breaks through the background* Did that just happen? XD
---
"Please... never do anything as crazy as that again...."
"...I'll think about it."
#69blitz_0623Posted 11/26/2012 8:11:04 AM
RoboDaleGribble posted...
blitz_0623 posted...

Because there are perfectly capable devs like Naughty Dog, Sucker Punch Productions, and Nihilistic Software they could use instead, and not some random guy from Australia?

Hasn't it ever occurred to you that all those may be busy on other projects?
And lol at Nihilistic Software.

Stop hating on SuperBot. Sony was the one who assigned this to them. If you want to blame someone because ND or some other "capable" studio didn't develop the game, then blame Sony.
#70blitz_0623Posted 11/26/2012 8:12:50 AM
sarevokmb posted...
Bestia_Somnia posted...
The worst thing is that this could have been avoided if SuperBot took feedback from the fans. We are the consumers, we know best.

Except you're a parasite, not a consumer though.

How is he a parasite? That makes no sense. His opinion is just as valuable as your own. Look at his PSN profile. He has obviously played the game pretty extensively, on both platforms.

I haven't looked at his profile, but if he has been playing the game, then he IS a parasite.

He mentioned a million times he wasn't getting the game, even before it was released because he "told us so" that it was gonna flop. And when his predictions were "correct" he stood by his original decision to NOT GET THE GAME until it hits the bargain bin. But alas, apparently he's been playing both versions extensively.