I don't want to say I told you so but the game flopped because of SuperBot

#71DrRockso87Posted 11/26/2012 8:59:19 AM
BigKahn6 posted...
LuminescentRule posted...
We are the consumers, we know best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztVMib1T4T4

Yes. Who do you think knows better than us, gamers that have been gaming on the PS systems for years, what we want from a game that celebrates the history of PS?

We are consumers. They must make games based on the majority's needs. That is what Superbot failed at.

If Superbot took the following steps, the game would've soared off.

#1: Follow the trends. While the Super Kill system was unique, that is something that hurt the games sales so it would've been better to give the game a ring-out system to please the fanbase.

#2: Only pick obvious/popular first party choices. Smash brothers would of sold A LOT more than it already has if it didn't have Game&Watch, ROB, and Ice Climbers. This game has Fat Princess and Evil Cole and to the average western consumer, Toro who seem like weak choices to them.

#3: They should of fought harder to get Crash, Snake, and Cloud. They basically went the cowards way and didn't try at all.

#4: Heavily advertise the game.

#5: Make it PS3 exclusive. Don't do a Vita port of the game.

#6: Get rid of any of the cartoony characters. It makes the game look like a joke.

#7: One graphic style instead of a mesh of multiple styles.

That is how this game would of sold well but no, they decided it was better to "follow their visions." and look now.

#1. You're basically telling SuperBot how to make their game. Should Sony hire you on as a supervisor?

#2. Fat Princess and inFAMOUS sold pretty well. Toro I'll give you but the other two are popular-enough to warrant being in here. Besides, Smash Bros. took chances with gimmicky characters too (e.g. Jigglypuff, Pichu, Dr. Mario, Toon Link, etc.) I don't really see what other first-party characters, that Sony holds the rights to, they could include that would make people's heads explode (Hint: Cloud doesn't belong to Sony).

#3. That doesn't mean anything. If a publisher says, "No, you can NOT use this character" then that's that. They even admitted they tried but said if a publisher doesn't want to license the character for this game then there's nothing else they could do. You're making it sound like there was a real possibility but SuperBot said, "Nah. We won't even bother trying to obtain popular characters for our game."

#4. Blame Sony. They do a bang-up job with that.

#5. See #4. Look at Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault, etc. The PSVita needs games so they're porting them. Also, I think the cross-buy may have increased sales for this game if anything.

#6. Okay, sure. Remove half of the roster with popular characters like Sly Cooper, Ratchet & Clank, Jak and Daxter, etc. Nobody likes them. Genius!

#7. No real opinion on because it seems like a non-issue.
#72EXEforeverPosted 11/26/2012 10:11:52 AM
I think this game will be ideal when they fix some bugs and glitches. And I wouldn't mind if they make the blocking/avoiding function a little easier to use.
---
IT'S PIKACHU!
PSN: EXEShambles
#73FoolMeNeverPosted 11/26/2012 11:01:21 AM
BigKahn6 posted...

Yes. Who do you think knows better than us, gamers that have been gaming on the PS systems for years, what we want from a game that celebrates the history of PS?

We are consumers. They must make games based on the majority's needs. That is what Superbot failed at.

#1: Follow the trends. While the Super Kill system was unique, that is something that hurt the games sales so it would've been better to give the game a ring-out system to please the fanbase.

#2: Only pick obvious/popular first party choices. Smash brothers would of sold A LOT more than it already has if it didn't have Game&Watch, ROB, and Ice Climbers. This game has Fat Princess and Evil Cole and to the average western consumer, Toro who seem like weak choices to them.

#3: They should of fought harder to get Crash, Snake, and Cloud. They basically went the cowards way and didn't try at all.

#6: Get rid of any of the cartoony characters. It makes the game look like a joke.

That is how this game would of sold well but no, they decided it was better to "follow their visions." and look now.

I spy a contradiction!
---
A man who argues with people, who aren't even there,
is more fit to rap against this ****ing chair!
#74BigKahn6Posted 11/26/2012 11:04:11 AM
FoolMeNever posted...
BigKahn6 posted...

I spy a contradiction!

Realistic art style is the way to go. It doesn't have to be cartoony.

Making the art style realistic will also make the game sell more since realism sells more than anything else these days.
#75TheArcadePosted 11/26/2012 11:10:52 AM
I'm just gutted that because of SuperBot, we'll never get a good PS crossover, let alone a great one.

On the positive side, those who haven't got the game and are PS+ members, well the game should be free pretty soon.

Free until subscription is cancelled.
---
Phantom Miria, Rippling Ophelia, Teresa of the Faint Smile, Windcutter Flora, God-Eye Galatea
#76Devlin3333Posted 11/26/2012 11:19:56 AM
I don't see stupid decisions.

I see a really good first-time cast with many more to be used for sequels.

I told you - that's because you're a blind fanboy. Why do you think the game isn't selling if their decisions weren't bad?

This act is so old by now. Nobody has changed their mind because of you. You're not some vocal hero who roams GameFAQS message boards trying to get people to see the light. Seriously--if you're coming to this board as often as you are and you're not celebrating a product which you enjoy, you're wasting a whole damn lot of your time. You've made your statement. If you're going to stick around, at least have the decency to piss and moan in a new way.
---
"Education doesn't end when the bell rings. You're supposed to take pride in how you carry yourself."
--SymphonicRain
#77hotgamerPosted 11/26/2012 12:55:40 PM

They probably did obtain them, but those are very demanded characters. Why would they release all the awesome characters on the disc when they can keep some of those high profile characters for DLC to make extra bucks.

If you release all the characters people want on disc and keep all the lame dumb characters nobody cares about for DLC, people won't have any interest in any of that DLC and the game will die after people are done with its original content.

You can probably expect Cloud, Snake and Crash as DLC (It has a very big chance of happening), Don't expect Spyro, Activision is probably not gonna agree with this one.

The only bad decision about this game is Toro. He sucks, shouldn't be included in the game at all, on release or DLC.
---
Trying to contain the chaos is futile.
#78LuminescentRule(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 3:16:55 PM
Devlin3333 posted...
I don't see stupid decisions.

I see a really good first-time cast with many more to be used for sequels.

I told you - that's because you're a blind fanboy. Why do you think the game isn't selling if their decisions weren't bad?

This act is so old by now. Nobody has changed their mind because of you. You're not some vocal hero who roams GameFAQS message boards trying to get people to see the light. Seriously--if you're coming to this board as often as you are and you're not celebrating a product which you enjoy, you're wasting a whole damn lot of your time. You've made your statement. If you're going to stick around, at least have the decency to piss and moan in a new way.

Of course they won't. Fanboys will be fanboys.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#79LuminescentRule(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 3:19:12 PM
blitz_0623 posted...
sarevokmb posted...
Bestia_Somnia posted...
The worst thing is that this could have been avoided if SuperBot took feedback from the fans. We are the consumers, we know best.

Except you're a parasite, not a consumer though.

How is he a parasite? That makes no sense. His opinion is just as valuable as your own. Look at his PSN profile. He has obviously played the game pretty extensively, on both platforms.

I haven't looked at his profile, but if he has been playing the game, then he IS a parasite.

He mentioned a million times he wasn't getting the game, even before it was released because he "told us so" that it was gonna flop. And when his predictions were "correct" he stood by his original decision to NOT GET THE GAME until it hits the bargain bin. But alas, apparently he's been playing both versions extensively.

You really should learn the definition of the word parasite before you make a fool of yourself again.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#80ThatPersonGuyPosted 11/26/2012 3:23:37 PM
BigKahn6 posted...

*Wants Sony to represent history*

*Wants R.O.B. cut from Smash.*

Logic.
---
Saki, Isaac, Lip, Lyn, and Little Mac for SSB4!
Cailou. "Cuteness never looked this badass" - Chuggaconroy.