I don't want to say I told you so but the game flopped because of SuperBot

#81MajesticFerretPosted 11/26/2012 4:27:41 PM
This was posted pretty early in, but it's so damn awful I just had to refute it:

#1: Follow the trends. While the Super Kill system was unique, that is something that hurt the games sales so it would've been better to give the game a ring-out system to please the fanbase.

What "fanbase"? Smash lovers BASH the **** out of this game even with its unique system and differentiation. Making it a complete clone would have made the reviews WORSE. Worse by a landslide.

#2: Only pick obvious/popular first party choices. Smash brothers would of sold A LOT more than it already has if it didn't have Game&Watch, ROB, and Ice Climbers. This game has Fat Princess and Evil Cole and to the average western consumer, Toro who seem like weak choices to them.

Pretty sure they got the best they could.

Don't give stupid advice that they have no control over. Many of the people have admitted in interviews they want the characters people are requesting.

#3: They should of fought harder to get Crash, Snake, and Cloud. They basically went the cowards way and didn't try at all.

Proof?

#4: Heavily advertise the game.

I see advertisements all over Gfaqs for the game. The best place to advertise would be CN and Nick, but I don't watch those channels anymore so I can't comment on them being there.

#5: Make it PS3 exclusive. Don't do a Vita port of the game.

How does this help the game in any shape or form?

#6: Get rid of any of the cartoony characters. It makes the game look like a joke.

They should of fought harder to get Crash, Snake, and Cloud. They basically went the cowards way and didn't try at all.

LMAO troll harder pls.

#7: One graphic style instead of a mesh of multiple styles.

Yeah, that wouldn't work for obvious reasons unless you cut out PS's cartoon cast, which most people love, or cut out PS's realistic cast, which most people love.

The characters in this game look fine. Hell, some look great.
---
Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get with it is rational thought, but with crazy the sky's the limit.
#82tack129Posted 11/26/2012 4:28:52 PM
LuminescentRule posted...
blitz_0623 posted...
sarevokmb posted...
Bestia_Somnia posted...
The worst thing is that this could have been avoided if SuperBot took feedback from the fans. We are the consumers, we know best.

Except you're a parasite, not a consumer though.

How is he a parasite? That makes no sense. His opinion is just as valuable as your own. Look at his PSN profile. He has obviously played the game pretty extensively, on both platforms.

I haven't looked at his profile, but if he has been playing the game, then he IS a parasite.

He mentioned a million times he wasn't getting the game, even before it was released because he "told us so" that it was gonna flop. And when his predictions were "correct" he stood by his original decision to NOT GET THE GAME until it hits the bargain bin. But alas, apparently he's been playing both versions extensively.

You really should learn the definition of the word parasite before you make a fool of yourself again.

"What is the difference between a man and a parasite?
A man builds, a parasite asks 'Where's my share?'
A man creates, a parasite says 'What will the neighbors think?'
A man invents, a parasite says 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God...' "

"On the surface, the Parasite expects the doctor to heal them for free, the farmer to feed them out of charity.
How little they differ from the pervert who prowls the streets, looking for a victim he can ravish for his grotesque amusement."

"Lacking its own ingenuity, the parasite fears the visionary. What it cannot plagiarize, it seeks to censor. What it cannot regulate, it seeks to ban."

"An artist strives to frame his ideals in an image; to challenge his audience and to make his vision immortal. But the parasites say 'no, your art must serve the cause... your ideals endanger the people!'"

I can post more of these all day but you get the picture.
---
PSN: tack129
#83LuminescentRule(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 4:40:09 PM
A man invents, a parasite says 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God...' "

"On the surface, the Parasite expects the doctor to heal them for free, the farmer to feed them out of charity.
How little they differ from the pervert who prowls the streets, looking for a victim he can ravish for his grotesque amusement."

"Lacking its own ingenuity, the parasite fears the visionary. What it cannot plagiarize, it seeks to censor. What it cannot regulate, it seeks to ban."

"An artist strives to frame his ideals in an image; to challenge his audience and to make his vision immortal. But the parasites say 'no, your art must serve the cause... your ideals endanger the people!'"

See, you're trying to look smart but you didn't think it through. I didn't ask this game for free - I paid for it. I wonder how old the posters on this board are - they can't seem to formulate a proper argument.
---
150,000 first week worldwide
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/EmperorLawlight.png
#84SnovvbubPosted 11/26/2012 4:43:30 PM

See, you're trying to look smart but you didn't think it through. I didn't ask this game for free - I paid for it. I wonder how old the posters on this board are - they can't seem to formulate a proper argument.

Your only argument here is he used the wrong word to insult you with, so the game flopped.

Quality logic.
---
PSN: snovvbub
Nariko of the Playstation All-Stars Battle Royal board.
#85tack129Posted 11/26/2012 4:44:13 PM

Ok then why did you say before launch that you weren't going to buy the game until it hits the bargain bin? If anything it is too early to be in the bargain bin and it kinda makes you a hypocrite?
---
#86LuminescentRule(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 4:46:58 PM
Your only argument here is he used the wrong word to insult you with, so the game flopped.

Quality logic.

What does the game flopping have to do with his argument?
---
#87MEFreak1984Posted 11/26/2012 4:48:00 PM
I'm guessing the TC is a butthurt troll that's upset that his favorite character isn't included. Get over it.
---
PSN ID: BladeGash
"Even a Dead God can dream"
#88LuminescentRule(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 4:49:09 PM

Ok then why did you say before launch that you weren't going to buy the game until it hits the bargain bin? If anything it is too early to be in the bargain bin and it kinda makes you a hypocrite?

A bargain bin consumer is still a consumer. And now that you dropped the parasite angle, how does that make me a hypocrite?
---
#89tack129Posted 11/26/2012 4:50:10 PM

Quality logic.

What does the game flopping have to do with his argument?

That's the point of the overall topic or did you forget.

As for parasite, someone suggests that you're a parasite, you backlash with "I'm not a parasite, you're using the word wrong!".
---
#90LuminescentRule(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 4:50:19 PM
I'm guessing the TC is a butthurt troll that's upset that his favorite character isn't included. Get over it.

Sounds like you're the butthurt one. Why else would you be posting in this topic?
---