I don't want to say I told you so but the game flopped because of SuperBot

#91tack129Posted 11/26/2012 3:51:27 PM
LuminescentRule posted...
I'm guessing the TC is a butthurt troll that's upset that his favorite character isn't included. Get over it.

Sounds like you're the butthurt one. Why else would you be posting in this topic?

Why are you still posting? Your posts suggest that you are butthurt.
---
PSN: tack129
#92MEFreak1984Posted 11/26/2012 3:53:19 PM
BigKahn6 posted...
We are the consumers, we know best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztVMib1T4T4

Yes. Who do you think knows better than us, gamers that have been gaming on the PS systems for years, what we want from a game that celebrates the history of PS?

We are consumers. They must make games based on the majority's needs. That is what Superbot failed at.

If Superbot took the following steps, the game would've soared off.

#1: Follow the trends. While the Super Kill system was unique, that is something that hurt the games sales so it would've been better to give the game a ring-out system to please the fanbase.

#2: Only pick obvious/popular first party choices. Smash brothers would of sold A LOT more than it already has if it didn't have Game&Watch, ROB, and Ice Climbers. This game has Fat Princess and Evil Cole and to the average western consumer, Toro who seem like weak choices to them.

#3: They should of fought harder to get Crash, Snake, and Cloud. They basically went the cowards way and didn't try at all.

#4: Heavily advertise the game.

#5: Make it PS3 exclusive. Don't do a Vita port of the game.

#6: Get rid of any of the cartoony characters. It makes the game look like a joke.

#7: One graphic style instead of a mesh of multiple styles.
That is how this game would of sold well but no, they decided it was better to "follow their visions." and look now.

So you think someone like Parappa who has a unique art style should be like Kratos, a full 3d model? That would have generated so much hatred, it would've made sales take a huge dive. And since when is Evil Cole a weak choice? He plays better that regular Cole.
---
PSN ID: BladeGash
"Even a Dead God can dream"
#93LuminescentRule(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 3:53:35 PM
Your only argument here is he used the wrong word to insult you with, so the game flopped.

Quality logic.

What does the game flopping have to do with his argument?

That's the point of the overall topic or did you forget.

As for parasite, someone suggests that you're a parasite, you backlash with "I'm not a parasite, you're using the word wrong!".

Dude, you're not making any sense. I'll post your sentence again:

Your only argument here is he used the wrong word to insult you with, so the game flopped.

How does the former relates to the latter? You used the word "so" making it seem like the 2 occurrences relate to each other. Can you explain how?

And I'm not "backlashing" against the word parasite. If you're going to use a word, learn it's meaning and use it properly first instead of just brandishing it about.
---
150,000 first week worldwide
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/EmperorLawlight.png
#94LuminescentRule(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 3:53:53 PM
I'm guessing the TC is a butthurt troll that's upset that his favorite character isn't included. Get over it.

Sounds like you're the butthurt one. Why else would you be posting in this topic?

---
#95tack129Posted 11/26/2012 3:54:27 PM
"What is the difference between a man and a parasite?
A man builds, a parasite asks 'Where's my share?'
A man creates, a parasite says 'What will the neighbors think?'
A man invents, a parasite says 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God...' "

"On the surface, the Parasite expects the doctor to heal them for free, the farmer to feed them out of charity.
How little they differ from the pervert who prowls the streets, looking for a victim he can ravish for his grotesque amusement."

"Lacking its own ingenuity, the parasite fears the visionary. What it cannot plagiarize, it seeks to censor. What it cannot regulate, it seeks to ban."

"An artist strives to frame his ideals in an image; to challenge his audience and to make his vision immortal. But the parasites say 'no, your art must serve the cause... your ideals endanger the people!'"

I can post more of these all day but you get the picture.

See, you're trying to look smart but you didn't think it through. I didn't ask this game for free - I paid for it. I wonder how old the posters on this board are - they can't seem to formulate a proper argument.

Ok then why did you say before launch that you weren't going to buy the game until it hits the bargain bin? If anything it is too early to be in the bargain bin and it kinda makes you a hypocrite?

A bargain bin consumer is still a consumer. And now that you dropped the parasite angle, how does that make me a hypocrite?

You bought the game before it even hit the bargain bin. Which contradicts your previous posts on not buying the game.
---
#96tack129Posted 11/26/2012 3:57:04 PM(edited)

Quality logic.

What does the game flopping have to do with his argument?

That's the point of the overall topic or did you forget.

As for parasite, someone suggests that you're a parasite, you backlash with "I'm not a parasite, you're using the word wrong!".

Dude, you're not making any sense. I'll post your sentence again:

How does the former relates to the latter? You used the word "so" making it seem like the 2 occurrences relate to each other. Can you explain how?

And I'm not "backlashing" against the word parasite. If you're going to use a word, learn it's meaning and use it properly first instead of just brandishing it about.

Funny enough it was not me whom said the bold bit. Look at the username of the original quote again. Or do you consider multiple users to be the same person?
---
#97_krat0s_Posted 11/26/2012 3:56:56 PM
BigKahn6 posted...
We are the consumers, we know best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztVMib1T4T4

Yes. Who do you think knows better than us, gamers that have been gaming on the PS systems for years, what we want from a game that celebrates the history of PS?

We are consumers. They must make games based on the majority's needs. That is what Superbot failed at.

If Superbot took the following steps, the game would've soared off.

#1: Follow the trends. While the Super Kill system was unique, that is something that hurt the games sales so it would've been better to give the game a ring-out system to please the fanbase.

#2: Only pick obvious/popular first party choices. Smash brothers would of sold A LOT more than it already has if it didn't have Game&Watch, ROB, and Ice Climbers. This game has Fat Princess and Evil Cole and to the average western consumer, Toro who seem like weak choices to them.

#3: They should of fought harder to get Crash, Snake, and Cloud. They basically went the cowards way and didn't try at all.

#4: Heavily advertise the game.

#5: Make it PS3 exclusive. Don't do a Vita port of the game.

#6: Get rid of any of the cartoony characters. It makes the game look like a joke.

#7: One graphic style instead of a mesh of multiple styles.

That is how this game would of sold well but no, they decided it was better to "follow their visions." and look now.

1- no, thats smashes deal, this works fine for this game.

2- even 1st party studios have the right to say no, like team ico did. you sound ignorant

3- If activision/SE said no, and/or superbot didnt have enough money to acquire them at the moment, what could they do? send threats?

4.Game was advertised more then just about any other game tbh. had ads all over youtube/internet, where the majority of consumers are nowadays

5- Its still exclusive, what harm did the vita version do? most people bought it for ps3 anyway

6- get rid of cartoony characters? Didnt u just say they shouldve pushed for crash and spyro? theyre not cartoony? SSB's roster is ENTIRELY cartoony characters, aside from ganondorf, Cpt Falcon, Link, well hell nvm they had TOON link.

7- Im not sure what your gettign at here, i dont see a bad mesh of artsyles anywhere, they're mashups, thats their purpose

basically, all your nitpicks are irrelevent and ignorant. Bye
---
psn-MoarNoodlesPreez Not changing this until Tomba is revealed for PSASBR 7/30/12
PSASBR Main: Sackboy/Heihachi. Msg to IcyFlamez: No U
#98LuminescentRule(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 3:57:35 PM
You bought the game before it even hit the bargain bin. Which contradicts your previous posts on not buying the game.

1. The game was discounted.
2. How does changing one's mind equal to being a hypocrite?
---
#99MEFreak1984Posted 11/26/2012 3:58:22 PM

I'm as happy as can be. MY favs were all included (Drake, Cole, Sir Daniel, Spike, and Ratchet) I have trouble deciding who to use. You on the other hand fail to realise that as long as Superbot makes money on the product, that it will be considered a success, and most likely spawn a sequel with even more characters, hopefully no Clone-ish Characters, that's what turned me off of Smash Bros.
---
PSN ID: BladeGash
"Even a Dead God can dream"
#100_krat0s_Posted 11/26/2012 4:00:21 PM
This is what irks me with you. You just KNOW that it won't sell enough and that we'll never have a sequel. We don't even have the sales number yet, except that UK pre-command chart that isn't representative at all.

Sure, I'm disappointed with the lack of content, the exclusion of Crash Bandicoot, Snake, Cloud or other FF representative (this especially since I'm a FF fan), lackluster menus and everything. They are all valid complaints. But the gameplay itself is very well-done, and satisfies fan-service needs (those Drake moves... ledge drop, even if it's mostly useless, was such a nice wink). I won't praise everything that is done right with this game, I'm sure someone had this debate with you before. All in all, you can't say for sure that this game failed yet. Yeah, it won't sell buckets like COD, but that was never expected.

Yes, I know. You don't have to be a magician to know when a game will sell well. I said it before and I'll say it again - it's easy to read the signs and make an educated guess on how a game will perform saleswise.

As for good gameplay mechanics, that is not enough. You need to have good gameplay, good online, variety of modes, good graphics, presentation and artstyle. And the most important thing for this game - pay a true homage to PlayStation, which they didn't do.

Army of two
Darksiders
Demons Souls
Countless 007 games

Theres LOTS of games that undersell, or even only sell when they hit the bargain bin, yet still get sequels.

Darksiders, which is MULTIPLATFORM, didnt have the greatest sales in the world....not even close, yet their we are, awhile later, DS2 was created. Sales dont really matter in the case of sequels IMO. Nobody asks for a bunch of 007 games, which sell horrible, yet they keep making them..... Leaving me to believe, Activision is dumb and thats why we cant have Crash :D
---
psn-MoarNoodlesPreez Not changing this until Tomba is revealed for PSASBR 7/30/12
PSASBR Main: Sackboy/Heihachi. Msg to IcyFlamez: No U