On the bright side this game's sales will help future developers.

#1RickyKilljoyPosted 11/26/2012 7:57:23 AM
It'll show them to don't try anything different and follow the leader literally :D.

People seem to hate trying new things like the Super Kill system ^_^.

This will show them that you can only make a good game that also sells well if you don't try anything new at all ^___^.

At Mexico people here complained that "The game was too different for their tastes." so they didn't buy it!

Yet all the First Person Shooters get sold out :D.

Remember future Developers: Look at this game and realize that you can't try anything different and have a good game that sells well. You can only have one or the other ^___^.

Mexico FTW!!! :D
---
The best Mexican around.
Showing the truth about PSABR since 2012.
#2AalviPosted 11/26/2012 8:00:47 AM
It was different but not executed correctly. Some games strive off the fact that they are different but this one came off as a nuisance, being different for the sake of being different.

It comes off as unnatural and forced when we see Superbot doing everything purposely to not look comparable to SSB when in the end they sacrificed many things that made SSB a great party game.

I don't care if they "copy" another game, some ideas are too good to be kept to yourself.
---
Check out my backlog: http://backloggery.com/aalvi
PSN ID: Aalvi-S|http://psnprofiles.com/Aalvi-S|3DS FC in Profile
#3RickyKilljoy(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 8:07:27 AM
Aalvi posted...
It was different but not executed correctly. Some games strive off the fact that they are different but this one came off as a nuisance, being different for the sake of being different.

It comes off as unnatural and forced when we see Superbot doing everything purposely to not look comparable to SSB when in the end they sacrificed many things that made SSB a great party game.

I don't care if they "copy" another game, some ideas are too good to be kept to yourself.

While it may be true that "some ideas are too good to be kept for themselves" that point ends up being moot if the game doesn't sell well :D.

I will tell you if there ever is a sequel they will make it more like Smash Brothers just to make it sell well and avoid the Super Kill system :D
---
The best Mexican around.
Showing the truth about PSABR since 2012.
#4AalviPosted 11/26/2012 8:28:58 AM(edited)
RickyKilljoy posted...
Aalvi posted...

While it may be true that "some ideas are too good to be kept for themselves" that point ends up being moot if the game doesn't sell well :D.

I will tell you if there ever is a sequel they will make it more like Smash Brothers just to make it sell well and avoid the Super Kill system :D

It's not up to us to decide whether bad or good sales warrant any future effort to continue a game or stop.

A game not selling well may not even faze certain developers and they may just continue working much harder on the next game. Making it more like Super Smash is a good idea, why do you think it sells well? many reasons and one of them being that the way that game is played is perfect for a party brawl with four players.

They tried to hard with this game by introducing the super system, it seems like they were sure if it was a party brawler or a game like street fighter or mvc with more in depth fighting mechanics.

Example of a game that flopped but the company got back on its feet and made a next game is Square-Enix's Final Fantasy XIV. It did so bad in sales for a variety of reasons(some I'm not too familiar with) but are revamping it and "fixing" their mistake by changing up management and listening more to fans criticisms.

EDIT: why the heck does it double post like that >_>
---
#5AalviPosted 11/26/2012 8:28:16 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6PyroSparkPosted 11/26/2012 8:33:31 AM
Aalvi posted...

And a great competitive game in some aspects.
---
rexator-"Make it a money match so that the winner gets to crap in the other's mouth." PSN: PyroSpark7
#7ManuKesnaPosted 11/26/2012 8:34:53 AM
oh look! the fake mexican that cant even talk spanish
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna
GT: ManuKesna
#8AalviPosted 11/26/2012 8:38:21 AM
PyroSpark posted...
Aalvi posted...

And a great competitive game in some aspects.

That's another thing about SSBB I liked. If I played with people not seriously trying to determine the best based off skill, I put on all the items and go to those wacky stages.

But everyone knows you could change it up, go to FD with no FS or items(sometimes we let loser pick an item and change crap up in general).

It's similar with PSASBR but the super system is what holds it back, it all boils down to who can get their supers the most efficient and whose supers are OP. That's why if more balancing was done, maybe the tiers wouldn't have such a big gap between characters.
---