A message relating to characters in general, especially characters considered OP

#12CRZYPosted 11/26/2012 11:31:42 AM
How good a character is and the relationship between OP depends on the stage played and the gametype (1v1, 2v2, or FFA.) So before labeling a character OP, take this into consideration. That is all.
#2rahmed51387Posted 11/26/2012 11:32:26 AM
While solid advice, I imagine it will go largely unheeded.
---
PSN:LonelyDesperado
MissTFayed: rahmed51387 - You got the surfer accent. You are officially the smartest person on here.
#32CRZY(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 11:34:04 AM
rahmed51387 posted...
While solid advice, I imagine it will go largely unheeded.

I know it will be largely ignored, but hopefully it may help with the people who keep posting - This character is OP because...
#4geneocidePosted 11/26/2012 11:35:35 AM
Yes and sackboy dominates all three.....
---
*Hops on Sony Pony.* Onward my loyal legion of Nintendrones and Xbots!
Ahh! My ding ding dong!
#5SilvrestormPosted 11/26/2012 11:37:02 AM
Ever see an Evil Cole and Sweeth Tooth play a ranged game together? God all the explosions and fire. And they both got Level 3 around the same time too.
---
Leader of the Silverion Corps
Created in the image of a hero
#6_tanjil_Posted 11/26/2012 11:43:57 AM
I think Kratos and sackboy do well in all 3
#72CRZY(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 11:56:32 AM
_tanjil_ posted...
I think Kratos and sackboy do well in all 3

In my opinion, Kratos is the only "noob" character. Simply because of his right/left-square, good supers, and the ability to "lock" characters into the ground by spamming down-square over and over again (although there are several characters who have the ability to do this - try it sometime, ha.) He would be balanced well from a slight AP decrease OR making his right/left square have decreased ranged.

I don't use Sackboy, but he is a great contribution to this game in my opinion. His move set is unique, hard for beginners to understand, and is overall a good character. I think he is fine the way he is. Maybe a very slight decrease (-5AP) for some of his trap moves.
#8NarukuboyPosted 11/26/2012 12:00:20 PM
Sackboy doesn't do as well in the smaller stages, but since most of the stages in this game are huge :(
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9g3dtmMrw1rduef9o1_500.png
#92CRZY(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 12:08:59 PM
I think sackboy really shines in FFA and is less effective in 2v2
#10LanoitakudePosted 11/26/2012 12:41:35 PM
2CRZY posted...
I think sackboy really shines in FFA and is less effective in 2v2

My current 2v2 team says otherwise. Sackboy (friend) + Radeck (me) is tremendously effective. It is disgusting how easily we win sometimes. Here are some highlights:

-Winning 34 to -9
-Radec getting 8 kills with his lvl1 alone
-Sackboy getting 10 kills by using his lvl3 TWICE in a single match
-Completing 75% of our matches with zero deaths.

Granted, really skilled opponents still give us a run for our money. However, out of about 20 or so games, we only lost once, to Evil Cole/Sly. Those guys were scary good.

In a 2v2 match, Sackboy is disruption and enabling. He builds meter incredibly fast. His lvl3 is arguably the strongest in the game, and is even better in a 2v2. While Sackboy is getting kills with his lvl3, I run around gaining AP from the bubbles and grab a powerful item to use once the lvl3 is over.

Sackboy MIGHT be the only overpowered character at the moment. I can't say for certain, but he is an absolute NIGHTMARE to fight against, individual player skill aside.
---
Xboxlive/PSN: Lanoitakude
"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."