A message relating to characters in general, especially characters considered OP

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
  3. A message relating to characters in general, especially characters considered OP

User Info: 2CRZY

2CRZY
4 years ago#1
How good a character is and the relationship between OP depends on the stage played and the gametype (1v1, 2v2, or FFA.) So before labeling a character OP, take this into consideration. That is all.

User Info: rahmed51387

rahmed51387
4 years ago#2
While solid advice, I imagine it will go largely unheeded.
PSN:LonelyDesperado
MissTFayed: rahmed51387 - You got the surfer accent. You are officially the smartest person on here.

2CRZY
4 years ago#3
rahmed51387 posted...
While solid advice, I imagine it will go largely unheeded.

I know it will be largely ignored, but hopefully it may help with the people who keep posting - This character is OP because...

User Info: geneocide

geneocide
4 years ago#4
Yes and sackboy dominates all three.....
*Hops on Sony Pony.* Onward my loyal legion of Nintendrones and Xbots!
Ahh! My ding ding dong!

User Info: Silvrestorm

Silvrestorm
4 years ago#5
Ever see an Evil Cole and Sweeth Tooth play a ranged game together? God all the explosions and fire. And they both got Level 3 around the same time too.
Leader of the Silverion Corps
Created in the image of a hero

User Info: _tanjil_

_tanjil_
4 years ago#6
I think Kratos and sackboy do well in all 3

2CRZY
4 years ago#7
_tanjil_ posted...
I think Kratos and sackboy do well in all 3

In my opinion, Kratos is the only "noob" character. Simply because of his right/left-square, good supers, and the ability to "lock" characters into the ground by spamming down-square over and over again (although there are several characters who have the ability to do this - try it sometime, ha.) He would be balanced well from a slight AP decrease OR making his right/left square have decreased ranged.

I don't use Sackboy, but he is a great contribution to this game in my opinion. His move set is unique, hard for beginners to understand, and is overall a good character. I think he is fine the way he is. Maybe a very slight decrease (-5AP) for some of his trap moves.

User Info: Narukuboy

Narukuboy
4 years ago#8
Sackboy doesn't do as well in the smaller stages, but since most of the stages in this game are huge :(
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9g3dtmMrw1rduef9o1_500.png

2CRZY
4 years ago#9
I think sackboy really shines in FFA and is less effective in 2v2

User Info: Lanoitakude

Lanoitakude
4 years ago#10
2CRZY posted...
I think sackboy really shines in FFA and is less effective in 2v2

My current 2v2 team says otherwise. Sackboy (friend) + Radeck (me) is tremendously effective. It is disgusting how easily we win sometimes. Here are some highlights:

-Winning 34 to -9
-Radec getting 8 kills with his lvl1 alone
-Sackboy getting 10 kills by using his lvl3 TWICE in a single match
-Completing 75% of our matches with zero deaths.

Granted, really skilled opponents still give us a run for our money. However, out of about 20 or so games, we only lost once, to Evil Cole/Sly. Those guys were scary good.

In a 2v2 match, Sackboy is disruption and enabling. He builds meter incredibly fast. His lvl3 is arguably the strongest in the game, and is even better in a 2v2. While Sackboy is getting kills with his lvl3, I run around gaining AP from the bubbles and grab a powerful item to use once the lvl3 is over.

Sackboy MIGHT be the only overpowered character at the moment. I can't say for certain, but he is an absolute NIGHTMARE to fight against, individual player skill aside.
Xboxlive/PSN: Lanoitakude
"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
  3. A message relating to characters in general, especially characters considered OP

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived