The Nerf/Buff Thread: Who And Why?

#1Pie_FOREVERPosted 11/26/2012 2:20:14 PM(edited)
Rules: Choose a character to nerf and a character to buff. State why for both.

Nerf: Sly. I was going to say Kratos due to his uncanny ability to seemingly lock onto any target within a 10 foot range making most combat quite ridiculous with someone who knows what they're doing, but Sly's probably a smarter choice, the real reason is his invisiblility that is near unlimited. It's not impossible to see him but given the fact it can be used quite liberally and continuously, it's quite a cheap tactic.

Simply put, let him have a max duration for invisibility of 3 or so seconds so as to not completely ruin the game.

Buff: Sir Dan. He's pretty slow. He isn't as much fun to play as he should be, and his AP builds up slowly. His supers need....some help. They need to last longer. He needs some love to feel a little less....wonky.
#2Tom_Green_IIPosted 11/26/2012 2:18:02 PM
I like Sir Dan, but his supers need a buff (ie. be useful). All his other attacks are great though.
#3codemeisterx70Posted 11/26/2012 2:18:48 PM
Prepare for 3 pages of sackboy love/hate :)
---
Tell it to the cleaning lady on monday. - todd ingram
"Best RPG ever Persona 4" - FabuIous
#4Trigger_MonkeyPosted 11/26/2012 2:19:32 PM
Nerf: Kratos
Dem grabs, Dat level 1, Dat level 3.

Buff: Sir Dan
Make his Level 3 last longer and his level 2 fireball things last longer and lock-on easier. Otherwise, he's fine.
---
Naughty Bear for Playstation Allstars.
#5ImDyinSquirtlePosted 11/26/2012 2:23:06 PM
Nerf: Sly. Is there really a reason for him to counter projectiles all the way on the other side of the screen, and then teleport instantly behind you?

Buff: Jak. At least a slight AP gain, or make his weapons have a bit more distance (besides the forward triangle of course)
---
Help me Squirtle, dont just stand there...Im freaking dying
#6xxterradarkxxxPosted 11/26/2012 2:24:47 PM
Dante:
Originally I wanted an ap buff or a guns buff but that might make him too good.
So here's my idea.
Buff: be able to gun cancel whiffed square attacks.

Nerf sack boy

Nerf: his items can be more easily broken by other characters attacks.
---
Psn: zslayer89
#7lobonoPosted 11/26/2012 2:26:39 PM
There is nothing wrong with Sir Dan at all he needs no buff.
---
PSN: Bpash123
#8coolpizzacookPosted 11/26/2012 2:28:55 PM
lobono posted...

Except his supers, you know.
---
VIVA LA REVENGE!
#9lobonoPosted 11/26/2012 2:30:51 PM
coolpizzacook posted...
lobono posted...

Except his supers, you know.

His level one is godly once you know how to combo into it. Square, Square, Up Square, Up Triangle leaves them in the perfect position, His level 2 and 3 are fine as well.
---
PSN: Bpash123
#10throttledPosted 11/26/2012 2:42:16 PM
You can air dodge out of s s ups upt r2 before up t, if you do two up square it's a little better; if they air dodge they still get hit with r2 after upt, but if they jump after second ups upt will miss. Not reliable at all against good players. Sir Dan is still one of the worst characters because of his supers, despite good ap gain and good presure with plague head and charge.