This game flopped is because the public doesn't GAF about these characters

#1deathpapayaPosted 11/27/2012 8:25:23 AM(edited)
Really, nobody knows who Nariko, fat princess, Spike, Toro, Generic Killzone guy, New Dante, Cole, Raiden,

Nobody remembers or cares who Sir Daniel, Jak, Ratchet, Sweet Tooth (even back then w/e his vehicle, nobody cares about him), Sly, Parappa, are anymore, and even more don't even know them.

When people think Big Daddy people either think "oh that guy from that PC/360 game that didn't come out on the PS3 till like 2-3 years after, why the heck is he a playstation allstar".
or "Why is there a guy in a diving suit in this fighting game?"

So that leaves what Kratos, which yeah is fairly well known and people would want to play in a fighting game. Hitachi, who is also well known from Tekken, and is suited for a fighting game obviously.

Nathan Drake, who's games are very pretty popular but character isn't really, like Marcus Phoenix from Gears, everyone knows gears, but people don't go wow Marcus Phoenix I Love him he is a great characters I would love to play a fighting game with him in it. Same thing with Nathan, tons of people play uncharted, but they don't play it for Drake.

And then finally Sackboy, which is fairly well known I guess but people don't really care about him, as LPBK showed.

They should have gotten MGS 1 Snake not raiden, DMC 1 or 3 Dante not dmc dante, a Resident Evil char like Jill, Chris, or Leon. A FF char like Sapiroth or Croud. Crash, Spyro. They may not have saved the game but it wouldn't have flopped as hard with them.
---
XBL: Genophia PSN: Emophia/Kitikat Steam ID: Emophia
#2shadowjericPosted 11/27/2012 8:21:38 AM
Nobody remembers or cares who Sir Daniel, Jak, Ratchet, Sweet Tooth (even back then w/e his vehicle, nobody cares about him), Sly, Parappa, are anymore, and even more don't eve know them.

Stopped reading there.
---
Call me Jeric. pokemon white 2 fc: 0519 5086 7298 gamertag: shadowjeric psn:shadowjeric
#3NDgamer1122Posted 11/27/2012 8:22:13 AM
Heihachi = Hitachi
Sephiroth = Sapiroth

Lol ok
#4ConradimusPrimePosted 11/27/2012 8:22:28 AM
K
---
http://nefworks.blogspot.com
#5grzajabarkusPosted 11/27/2012 8:23:20 AM
No one cares or remembers Sephiroth/cloud/crash/spyro.

And don't even bring in a RE character. No one cares about that at all.
#6TaizukuPosted 11/27/2012 8:23:26 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#7toomanymouthsPosted 11/27/2012 8:23:37 AM
Lol while I agree the roster could use improvement, I acknowledge that characters cost money and SuperBot needs to prove themselves before companies are going to even be willing to sell their rights for certain characters.

With that in mind, this roster is more than fine.

Your analysis of each character and whether or not it belongs (and people care about it) is just terrible. Nathan Drake is not a character people care about? Sackboy? Do you even own a PS3?
#8deathpapaya(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 8:27:08 AM
Taizuku posted...
You think no one knows Radec, Cole, or Raiden?

Lol, kill yourself.

No they don't.

People who've never played MGS know who snake is.

Raiden? Not so much.

Radec, lmao, I have both PS3 Killzone games I don't even know who the hell he his, he looks like some generic nazi supersoldier thing.

Cole, aka the most generic looking protag ever? You think even 2% of the general public know who he is? Lmao.
---
XBL: Genophia PSN: Emophia/Kitikat Steam ID: Emophia
#9IamSaiyaman186Posted 11/27/2012 8:29:30 AM
shadowjeric posted...
Nobody remembers or cares who Sir Daniel, Jak, Ratchet, Sweet Tooth (even back then w/e his vehicle, nobody cares about him), Sly, Parappa, are anymore, and even more don't eve know them.

Stopped reading there.

Lol. Took you that long to stop? You're a more patient man then I.
#10IngSlayerPosted 11/27/2012 8:30:34 AM
Flop, flop, flop, flop, flop, flop...

Is that all you people can ever think of to say?
---
Sedix: Baffling Artist