This game flopped is because the public doesn't GAF about these characters

#101JorepPosted 11/27/2012 2:05:44 PM
I've been a Playstation fan since the first one came out, and I love my PS3 and use it every day, but this roster is terrible.

Big Daddy should not even be in the game. He's not a PS all-star, or an exclusive. He feels more like a Microsoft character.

The problem with Cole and Nathan Drake is they make great avatars in their games because they're so generic and everyman. Their games are fun to play, but as characters they are dry. I'd have rather seen Sully in this game, because he's a riot.
And did we really need TWO Coles?

Colonel Radec may or may not be a good choice. I don't know, I did't really play Killzone. I will admit that he's iconic.

New Dante is lame. Nobody likes him, and the devs were trying to justify his inclusion before the game was even out. That says it all right there.

Emmett Graves? Who? (Yes, I know he's from Starhawk. That doesn't help.)

Fat Princess gets a pass. She's iconic.

Heihachi is a character I personally enjoy playing in Tekken games, but Tekken has some of the most dry, generic characters in fighting. It's a deep, amazing fighting game, but King or Yoshimitsu have some character to them. Heihachi is an old man in a diaper.

Jak and Daxter were a good choice.

Kat from Gravity Rush? Again, that's kind of reaching to call her an all-star.

Kratos would have been AWESOME...if this was his first fighting game. I understand his necessary inclusion, but he was pimped out long ago to SoulCalibur and Mortal Kombat. I've seen it already.

Nariko is the poor man's Kratos.

PaRappa isn't an All-Star by any means, but I like him, personally. That gives it points.

Raiden works, I guess. I don't find myself excited by him, though. A different, unmentioned fighting game ran on Metal Gear steam already.

Ratchet and Clank are a fantastic choice.

Sackboy, again, good call. Can't get excited over him, though.

Dan Fortesque was a great call.

Sly was another good call.

Spike? I don't like Ape Escape, but I guess...no, no, no he's not.

Sweet Tooth, again, works, but I know him from a car combat game. I really can't get worked up over his on-foot appearance. He's iconic, but I never play as him in the games. He's just a big clown.

Toro's a good choice internationally, but for American audiences, we just don't care.

All that said, I just can't get excited over this game. I wanted to, I really did. But come on.

I understand they don't have the licenses for characters like Crash and Spyro, but that really, seriously hurts them. For people in my age range, those DEFINE the Playstation. Giving up your one-time mascot is a pretty bad move, as was just proven.

Lara Croft should not have been hard to get in. She's got a game coming out.

Where the heck is Croc? Mr. Domino? No one can stop him. The guy from Dark Cloud? A White Knight from White Knight Chronicles? Those all would have been good calls.

PlayStation, as we've learned, is known for its fun games, not its iconic characters. I've never expected it to survive on character recognition, but rather game recognition.

Unfortunately, as much as I love my PlayStation and will be buying the new Uncharted, God of War, and Twisted Metal, I will not be buying PSBAR.
---
http://www.abovethewage.com
Through fire, justice is served!
#102AgitoXIIIPosted 11/27/2012 2:12:29 PM
These aren't as iconic as Smash characters.

And smash has a breath taking soundtrack to boot.
---
FINAL FANTASY XV
Please be a great game, we need you to be one.
#103AgitoXIIIPosted 11/27/2012 2:15:36 PM
^Jorep

That was extremely well said. And i totally agree.
---
FINAL FANTASY XV
Please be a great game, we need you to be one.
#104ImDyinSquirtlePosted 11/27/2012 2:16:02 PM
I lol'd at the guy who said PaRappa and Spike weren't necessary, and called Cole generic

Yet he asks why Croc and a freakin white knight weren't in lol
---
Help me Squirtle, dont just stand there...Im freaking dying
#105SaintZetsuPosted 11/27/2012 2:16:42 PM
shadowjeric posted...
Nobody remembers or cares who Sir Daniel, Jak, Ratchet, Sweet Tooth (even back then w/e his vehicle, nobody cares about him), Sly, Parappa, are anymore, and even more don't eve know them.

Stopped reading there.

He's right
---
"When your wallet is ashes, then you will have my permission to die."-Tetsuya Nomura
#106Ludacris01Posted 11/27/2012 2:20:48 PM
LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO @ saying Drake shouldn't have been in because he wanted Sully

How can anyone take a poster seriously who says that??
---
"that ambipom is on crack" - Lemonz89
Official Spyro of the PAS:BR board. SPYRO THE DRAGON FOR SONY SMASH
#107SnovvbubPosted 11/27/2012 2:21:42 PM
deathpapaya posted...
Taizuku posted...
You think no one knows Radec, Cole, or Raiden?

Lol, kill yourself.

No they don't.

People who've never played MGS know who snake is.

Raiden? Not so much.

Radec, lmao, I have both PS3 Killzone games I don't even know who the hell he his, he looks like some generic nazi supersoldier thing.

Cole, aka the most generic looking protag ever? You think even 2% of the general public know who he is? Lmao.

BOTH Killzone games?
There are 3...
Not that it matters, you've obviously never played any of them if you don't know Radec.

And to say nobody cares about Drake, Cole or Sackboy?
I doubt you own a PS3 at all.
---
PSN: snovvbub
Nariko of the Playstation All-Stars Battle Royal board.
#108da1on2Posted 11/27/2012 2:22:36 PM
Claiming people don't know about two characters who are currently being heavily marketed is one of the dumbest things I have read all week.
---
Systemwars.com has much more intelligent people than GameFaqs. Post there.
#109TaijutsuJoshuaPosted 11/27/2012 2:23:58 PM
NDgamer1122 posted...
Heihachi = Hitachi
Sephiroth = Sapiroth

Lol ok

I swear, this killed me, LOL. I had to make sure he typed that!
---
PSN: Xyler_Stone09
Black 2 FC: 2967 6431 8466 [Josh]
#110deathpapaya(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 2:32:57 PM(edited)
Snovvbub posted...
deathpapaya posted...
Taizuku posted...
You think no one knows Radec, Cole, or Raiden?

Lol, kill yourself.

No they don't.

People who've never played MGS know who snake is.

Raiden? Not so much.

Radec, lmao, I have both PS3 Killzone games I don't even know who the hell he his, he looks like some generic nazi supersoldier thing.

Cole, aka the most generic looking protag ever? You think even 2% of the general public know who he is? Lmao.

BOTH Killzone games?
There are 3...
Not that it matters, you've obviously never played any of them if you don't know Radec.

And to say nobody cares about Drake, Cole or Sackboy?
I doubt you own a PS3 at all.

L2R, and check my sig looooooooooooooser.

Edit: ooooooooooooooooo
---
XBL: Genophia PSN: Emophia/Kitikat Steam ID: Emophia