This game flopped is because the public doesn't GAF about these characters

#111Darknessbeast10Posted 11/27/2012 2:28:13 PM
people in this topic take the title too serious and don't know what their talking about. If you think these choice are bad, then yours are ten times worse, no lies.
---
PSN: look at my name, GT: ShadowSiege420
Official UDON Taskmaster of the UMVC3 boards, http://puu.sh/v79K <---- PS3 UMVC3's Finest
#112coconutarmy1Posted 11/27/2012 2:33:24 PM
I care about parappa... *sniffle* I gotta believe! And you forgot fat princess.
---
Currently commanding a platoon of coconuts. Slow work, but very fulfilling.
#113JorepPosted 11/27/2012 2:40:25 PM
^Jorep

That was extremely well said. And i totally agree.

Thanks. It's not that I want to be hating on the game unjustly, I was just very excited leading up to its release, and felt consistently let down.

I lol'd at the guy who said PaRappa and Spike weren't necessary, and called Cole generic

Yet he asks why Croc and a freakin white knight weren't in lol

ImDyinSquirtle, the problem with Cole is that he IS generic, but that's in his design. He has no personality, because you designate how he acts. Yeah, his choices grant dialogue, and he turns good or evil depending on what you decide. That doesn't give him character. He's still an avatar for your choices. He's the Commander Shepard of action adventures. He's fun to play, but boring to look at.

Which is a shame because some of his early designs were very creative, but he was toned down SPECIFICALLY to appeal to an everyman type of player.

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO @ saying Drake shouldn't have been in because he wanted Sully

How can anyone take a poster seriously who says that??

I refer you to Cole. Drake has more personality, yes, but he's so everyman it's painful. He's the anti-hero with a heart of gold, and we get it, but it's been done before. The Uncharted games are some of the BEST third person action I've EVER played, but that doesn't mean I care about Drake.

Sully, on the other hand, is comedy gold, can hold his own just as well in a fight, and uses the same weapons (you know, modern firearms.) Plus, he's different than the usual tall, lanky characters in the game, of which there are way too many. There's little character variance, and an older, stockier character would have made more sense for variety.

He also has the best lines in the game.

And to say nobody cares about Drake, Cole or Sackboy?
I doubt you own a PS3 at all.

Snovvbub, I own a PS3 and love LittleBigPlanet, Uncharted, and InFamous.

I don't care about Drake, Cole, or Sackboy. Sackboy is iconic, and a cute mascot or plushie, but as a fighting game character? He's small and cute. That's not exactly fighting game top tier.

Claiming people don't know about two characters who are currently being heavily marketed is one of the dumbest things I have read all week.

If you do mean Gravity Rush and Starhawk, then they aren't really being heavily marketed. I don't see any commercials, ads, or anything.

If not, disregard.

The reason I mentioned Croc and White Knight, Croc may be a generic hero, but we don't have any alligators in the roster yet. Radec and Drake feel like similar characters, and Cole does as well, to an extent, even if he has different powers. A gator would change things up.

The White Knight, as well, would be a welcome addition. Generic? Maybe. Giant mobile battle fortress? I don't see any of those yet.

It's like the ninjas from Mortal Kombat. One or two is fine, but when they fill half the roster, you've got a problem.

This game has too many ninjas from Mortal Kombat.
---
http://www.abovethewage.com
Through fire, justice is served!
#114KabikazPosted 11/27/2012 2:51:03 PM
I bought this game because it had Rachet, Jak and Toro.

Suck it.
Childhood is something I GAF about.
#115TheEntitledOnePosted 11/27/2012 2:53:27 PM
ImDyinSquirtle posted...
I lol'd at the guy who said PaRappa and Spike weren't necessary, and called Cole generic

You think Cole isn't generic? Wait, a sec, let me pick this apart. He's a dude with girl issues that gets super-powers through a freak accident. The whole premise is the most stock super-hero story you could imagine, a really s***** Spider-man ripoff (something created fifty years ago!). And at least Spider-man gets to fight memorable villains and wears something other than a t-shirt and jeans.
---
I got your number! I got all your numbers!
#116deathpapaya(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 2:54:23 PM
Kabikaz posted...
I bought this game because it had Rachet, Jak and Toro.

Suck it.
Childhood is something I GAF about.

You are not the general public.
---
XBL: Genophia PSN: Emophia/Kitikat Steam ID: Emophia
#117ImDyinSquirtlePosted 11/27/2012 3:06:34 PM(edited)
TheEntitledOne posted...
ImDyinSquirtle posted...

You think Cole isn't generic? Wait, a sec, let me pick this apart. He's a dude with girl issues that gets super-powers through a freak accident. The whole premise is the most stock super-hero story you could imagine, a really s***** Spider-man ripoff (something created fifty years ago!). And at least Spider-man gets to fight memorable villains and wears something other than a t-shirt and jeans.

My problem isnt Cole being generic, it's wanting to replace him with even MORE generic, no personality having characters like Croc and the White Knight

I mean come on, he asked for "The guy from Dark Souls" and doesn't even know what the heck his name is, but is crying about Cole

He's not a PlayStation fan at all, he's a generic gamer who just so happens to own a PS3
---
Help me Squirtle, dont just stand there...Im freaking dying
#118JorepPosted 11/27/2012 3:11:36 PM
Are you talking about me, ImDyinSquirtle?

I didn't ask for the guy from Dark Souls. Dark Souls doesn't have a guy.
I'd hardly call myself a generic gamer, since I've built my life and career around the industry, but okay.

Croc is generic in the same way Cole is, no more or less. Croc has motivations and a goal, and you guide him there. So does Cole. Neither has a real personality.

The difference is Cole is a more or less average looking human with lightning powers. Croc is A GIANT CROCODILE. We have humans on the roster already. We don't have any GIANT CROCODILES.

The White Knight is a mobile battle fortress, but its driver has a lot of personality, and as the pilot inside, he could have dialogue. He's not my favorite character, but having a more varied roster of characters would make for a better game.

Instead of half the cast being tall, generic looking humanoids, I'm saying adding a crocodile and a mech into the game would make it more interesting.
---
#119ImDyinSquirtlePosted 11/27/2012 3:14:09 PM
Dark Cloud, sorry
---
Help me Squirtle, dont just stand there...Im freaking dying
#120JorepPosted 11/27/2012 3:18:13 PM
Dark Cloud, sorry

No harm done.
To be honest, I don't even like Dark Cloud. I just see a lack of characters of his type in the game.

I'm not saying people like Cole and Nathan should be removed if the roster is made bigger to accommodate what I see as essential cloning, but when they're the only representative from a series in a comparatively small roster, it definitely hurts it.

Why couldn't we see more characters from iconic series? Add Zeus from GoW, make Chop Chop Master Onion playable, give us Captain Quark, Dr. Nefarious, or Zeke, even if he's a joke character.

Marvel VS Capcom and Smash Brothers proved that even if you give the game some general unbalance and add some joke characters, having a larger, varied roster can do SO MUCH MORE for you than not having it.
---