fan: "bu..bu...but Smash also did this..and that..!"

someone says All-Stars is similar to Smash
fan: "what?! are you blind?! All-Star and Smash are nowhere near similar!"

hypocrites.
#132cloudriveraPosted 11/27/2012 3:04:44 PM
TheNardDog posted...
cloudrivera posted...
The PlayStation roster is ok, my problem is with the 3rd party roster

What this game needs is Megaman! F*** Dante!

Who's with me?!

But seriously, if they really wanted impact ,the 3rd party chars should have been:

Megaman
Lara Croft
Alucard
Heihachi
Sonic
Snake

Yea i know the last two were in smash but people already compare it to smash anyway so f*** it, use them

GTFO Megaman isn't a PS All-Star.

Well, he's more of an All Star than Big Daddy and DMC Dante.

heres all the PS megaman games:
Megaman 8
Megaman 9
Megaman 10
Megaman Anniversary Collection (so 1-6)
Megaman X4
Megaman X5
Megaman X6
Megaman X7
Megaman X8
Megaman X collection (so X1-X3)
Megaman Legends
Megaman Legends 2
The Misadventures of Tron Bonne
Megaman X Command Mission
Mega Man Maverick Hunter X
Mega Man Powered Up
Power Battle
Power Fighters
Battle Chase

As you can see, Megaman can CLEARLY count as a PS ALL Star, I prefer X myself but the point is the same.
---
currently playing: Crysis, Assassin's Creed 3, Halo 4
#133jing0000Posted 11/27/2012 3:05:16 PM
this has to be a troll topic..
---
none
#134dingo_of_jawaiiPosted 11/27/2012 3:05:52 PM
Sackboy can beat Sephiroth any day.
---
PSN ID: HakubiXFire
Currently Playing: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Revelations, III, & Liberation.
#135AerodarPosted 11/27/2012 3:05:56 PM
Jorep posted...
I'd like to pose, going in another direction, that his game was also marketed entirely incorrectly.

CyborgTwenty, you are right. This is not Playstation 1 All Stars. Therein lies the problem.

It's a well known fact that the Playstation is not the go-to system of children. The Wii has games for families, and the 360 has a large swath of child friendly games.

The Playstation move was an unmitigated disaster. We're all fans here, so let's openly admit that. Awesome design, poor implementation.

The Playstation 3 does not have many child friendly games. It is, at its core, a mature gamers' system. There's nothing wrong with that, but that's what it is. There ARE kid friendly games, but many (like Ratchet or Sly) have mass market appeal as well, and are more mature than, say, Sesame Street's Once Upon A Monster, Or Mario All Stars Baseball.

As mature gamers, who are the core PS3 market, we grew up on the Playstation 1. Those are our all stars. Speaking personally, I was a teenager when Jak and Daxter and Ratchet and Clank came out.
Those were fun games, but they didn't capture my childish heart the way Crash or Spyro had, and they never would.

That's the reason Smash was successful. They my have had lesser known characters like Pit or Ice Climbers, but they knew a large portion of the Smash Bros. audience would know them, being older, hardcore gamers. I'm not going to harp on Smash Bros, so let's get back to the point.

As adults, we can enjoy a character like Nathan Drake. We can watch him on screen and have fun. But we're at a developmental stage where he cannot live on in our hearts like an icon (or at least not in mine). I remember him, but I don't associate those fond childhood memories with him.

Or any of the characters in this game, save PaRappa and Sir Dan.

And that's why the game does not appeal to a large majority of older gamers like myself. All the characters in this game came from great games in their own right, but they're not characters I feel any kind of bond with.
They're not characters I feel the need to go out and buy an average fighting game for.

Back to the point, the core audience is older, more mature gamers.

PSABR is a game that fails to appeal to us because it does not capture our hearts, lacking the "All Stars" we grew up loving.
It has its own roster of "All Stars," yes, but they're not ours.

It will appeal to some people. I don't disagree with that notion.

But it will not appeal to the target audience, and that's why it's flopping in sales.

My problem is with your last comment, how do you know what the sales are? As of right now you can check http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/27/playstation-all-stars-sales-are-right-on-target where PS is happy with their numbers. No it doesn't prove it is very successful, however, it proves that it's not a flop.

I believe that 360 has an even older target market than PS3 as Microsoft intended for it to be. I admit I'm sad that many characters I loved in the past are not in this game it does not make it bad. All-Stars is not intended for little children but for the target market PS has intended to aim for, teenagers - young adults.
---
"It is what it is."
#136Pinoy441Posted 11/27/2012 3:06:04 PM
rumbalumba posted...
Pinoy441 posted...

Again we go to smash bros

No one knew Ice Climbers

No one knew Fire Emblem

Not many remembered PIt

Games don't need every character to be lolomgeveryonerecognizes

to be successful

someone says something bad about All-Stars
fan: "bu..bu...but Smash also did this..and that..!"

someone says All-Stars is similar to Smash
fan: "what?! are you blind?! All-Star and Smash are nowhere near similar!"

hypocrites.

This ain't about being similar to smash or even anything like that
I'm saying that chars don't need to be iconic to be successful and smash is one of the most prime examples

Oh wait your rumba anything positive about this game = fanboy
---
*grabs popcorn*
#137KillDozer123Posted 11/27/2012 3:14:42 PM
You know, Jorep, it's good to see someone who knows what they're talking about, for once. One who uses logic and doesn't just blindly bash/defend a game.
---
They see me Kahn'in'! They Hatin'!
#138CyborgTwentyPosted 11/27/2012 3:19:58 PM
Jorep posted...

But it will not appeal to the target audience, and that's why it's flopping in sales.

you have no freakin clue how sales are yet you already know it has flopped. you want it to flop that's the case here. it's just like when mvc3 came out and people called it a flop because it only sold 200k in it's first month and yet it had over 2 million lifetime sales and it sold so good that capcom made a sequel after already 9 months. also capcom actually said their sales expections are 2 million for the game before the game came out. they developed the game with these expections in mind. let's talk again in 6 months when we really know if the agme has flopped or not. not every game has a 60 million+ budget and needs to sell 5 million+ to be profitable like call of duty. most games only need to sell 1-2 million to be profitable.
#139unnamedFerPosted 11/27/2012 3:52:33 PM
Whats the rooster anyway? Is crash bandicoot in this?
---
http://killer7.6.forumer.com/
#140KillDozer123Posted 11/27/2012 3:53:32 PM
unnamedFer posted...
Whats the rooster anyway? Is crash bandicoot in this?

Kinda late for the party, aren't you?

The official website will reveal all.
---
They see me Kahn'in'! They Hatin'!