This game flopped is because the public doesn't GAF about these characters

#141JerichoDarkstarPosted 11/27/2012 3:56:08 PM
rumbalumba posted...
someone says something bad about All-Stars
fan: "bu..bu...but Smash also did this..and that..!"

someone says All-Stars is similar to Smash
fan: "what?! are you blind?! All-Star and Smash are nowhere near similar!"

hypocrites.

When people say "All Stars has a horrible roster compared to Smash! Nobody knows these wanna-be's!" the correct response is that Smash didn't have a perfect roster either. They both had memorable and not-so-well-known characters.

When people say, "All Stars is exactly the same as Smash! It's a rip-off" the correct response is that the only thing they have in common is that they are a party brawler.

Twisting people's words to make it fit your opinion doesn't make your opinion right. Try harder next time.
---
I'll make a big enough ruckus for everyone.
PSN: DarkSilverCloud
#142CTBradumsPosted 11/27/2012 3:59:13 PM
Personally, this is one reason why I couldn't care less about this game. It's another melee/brawl game, but with characters I don't care about in the least.

About two or three are interesting, and the rest aren't. This is personal opinion, but I think the TC's argument is fairly valid when put into perspective. People loved Smash Bros. (Yep, a comparison, because they're practically the same game) because - on the majority - its characters were immensely popular and came from immensely popular games (aside from the Japan-only ones, which were still somewhat beloved). Sony's headliners, by comparison, aren't nearly as big.

And then you have the "It's a Smash Bros. knock-off" argument, which, as much as I like Sony over Nintendo, is fair enough. It's obviously built with Smash Bros in mind, no matter how many tweaks or differences they made to the formula. In the end, I'd rather play Smash Bros than Sony "The Best We Have to Offer" Stars, if not merely for the fact that the Sony characters are B-list or lesser to Nintendo's A-list.
#143KillDozer123Posted 11/27/2012 4:03:07 PM
JerichoDarkstar posted...
Try harder next time.

Sadly, he can't. He's stuck on "Fail". XD
---
They see me Kahn'in'! They Hatin'!
#144unnamedFerPosted 11/27/2012 4:08:59 PM
Its surprising that from among the choices Sony had to pick characters, they picked some bland ones (drake outside of uncharted is just some metrosexual indiana jones)

Couldnt they bring simon belmont, alucard, pyramid head, megamanX or Some RE character just to name a few?
---
http://killer7.6.forumer.com/
#145KillDozer123Posted 11/27/2012 4:10:15 PM
unnamedFer posted...
Its surprising that from among the choices Sony had to pick characters, they picked some bland ones (drake outside of uncharted is just some metrosexual indiana jones)

Couldnt they bring simon belmont, alucard, pyramid head, megamanX or Some RE character just to name a few?

Two words....Third Party.
---
They see me Kahn'in'! They Hatin'!
#146RainbowsaurusPosted 11/27/2012 4:10:41 PM
I'm really happy with the roster, mainly because I can identify with nearly all of it. I've played all the characters games except Bioshock, and for the most part they're all great games. I was so happy to see characters like Spike and Parappa show up.
---
'Cause I'm the one to bring out the original flava flava for my people people!
PSN:Rain_Bow_saurus
#147CyborgTwentyPosted 11/27/2012 4:13:14 PM
ps2 is the best selling console of all time and ratchet&clank, jak&daxter and sly cooper are it's best selling action platformers, god of war is it's best selling hack n slash, tekken has been playstations best selling fighting game for 3 generations now, uncharted and littlbigplanet are the two biggest new ps3 exclsusive series etc so there is obviously something wrong with you if you are a video gamer and don't know any of these characters.
#148rocketdischargePosted 11/27/2012 4:35:36 PM
they shouldve just cancelled this game once it became apparent that they couldnt get a decent roster
---
Sagat nerfed? He can Tiger Uppercut the wing off the plane!
#149AerodarPosted 11/27/2012 4:37:21 PM
rocketdischarge posted...
they shouldve just cancelled this game once it became apparent that they couldnt get a decent roster

trolling, please check it.
---
"It is what it is."
#150JerichoDarkstarPosted 11/27/2012 4:37:27 PM
rocketdischarge posted...

In what way is this not a decent roster?
---
I'll make a big enough ruckus for everyone.
PSN: DarkSilverCloud