This game flopped is because the public doesn't GAF about these characters

#151SSBR10Posted 11/27/2012 6:12:37 PM(edited)
@Jorep

For someone who's been a PS fan since the first console, you sure have too many holes in your complaints.

Big Daddy: That's not a valid reason since both Bioshock games were on the PS consoles and the PS was always known for it's 3rd party support. Anybody who's been a fan since the first PS console should know that.

Cole and Drake: Also invalid since they are the main characters of their series and are well-known PS stars.

Dante: The only reason people hated him was because he looked a bit different from the original Dante. Recently, more people have begun to like him. Besides, the DMC franchise is more well-kown among PS fans.

Emmett Graves: So that was a pointless complaint?

Heihachi: For someone who enjoys playing as Heihachi in Tekken games, you really don't seem to know much about him at all.

Kat: So? She's still a PlayStation star.

Kratos: Either way, it's no surprise that he's in this game so you shoudn't have any problems.

Nariko: That's just your opinion. She still has fans who wanted her in this game, especially since she would be in a game with Kratos (something many people have oftenly talked about).

PaRappa: He's a classic PlayStation character that deserved to be in this game. Really, stop taking the "All-Star" part too literally.

Raiden: He's still a good choice either way.

Toro: Doesn't matter if we "just don't care". He's a Sony mascot in Japan and this game isn't just being released in America.

Giving up your one-time mascot is a pretty bad move, as was just proven.

They never "gave-up" Crash or Spyro. They just didn't own them. Though still, in the end, it's a bit senseless for a PS fan to just be focused on them while ignoring all of the other relevant characters.

Lara Croft should not have been hard to get in. She's got a game coming out.

But they still gotta get permission.

Where the heck is Croc? Mr. Domino? No one can stop him. The guy from Dark Cloud? A White Knight from White Knight Chronicles? Those all would have been good calls.

*sigh* Don't you and certain others get it now? Many characters would have been "good calls", that doesn't mean that the ones they got are not.

PlayStation, as we've learned, is known for its fun games, not its iconic characters. I've never expected it to survive on character recognition, but rather game recognition.

Fans still like them, though.

Unfortunately, as much as I love my PlayStation and will be buying the new Uncharted, God of War, and Twisted Metal, I will not be buying PSBAR.

...What? This is not consistent at all with your complaints for this game.
---
Little Mac, Mega Man, Travis Touchdown for Super Smash Bros. 4.
Street Fighter x Mortal Kombat, Shonen Jump vs. Capcom please.
#152rocketdischargePosted 11/27/2012 5:53:52 PM
JerichoDarkstar posted...
rocketdischarge posted...
they shouldve just cancelled this game once it became apparent that they couldnt get a decent roster

In what way is this not a decent roster?

its missing the 2 most obvious mascot characters people associate with Sony. Many characters on the roster nobody cares about.
---
Sagat nerfed? He can Tiger Uppercut the wing off the plane!
#153AerodarPosted 11/27/2012 5:57:22 PM
they shouldve just cancelled this game once it became apparent that they couldnt get a decent roster

its missing the 2 most obvious mascot characters people associate with Sony. Many characters on the roster nobody cares about.

Which characters are they?
---
"It is what it is."
#1543D3Posted 11/27/2012 6:03:48 PM
Who knew Ness, Marth, Roy etc. before Smash Bros?
---
Because Naughty Dog
Joel+Ellie=Jelly...You Jelly?
#155deathpapaya(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 6:45:21 PM
Aerodar posted...

crash spyro
---
XBL: Genophia PSN: Emophia/Kitikat Steam ID: Emophia
#156Reece504Posted 11/27/2012 6:54:54 PM
3D3 posted...
Who knew Ness, Marth, Roy etc. before Smash Bros?

Exactly smash bros had a lot of characters people didn't know about like Mr. Game n Watch along with Ice climbers which I doubt anyone played that game. Nintendo was reaching hard though for smash bros captain falcon which was a driver in Fzero along with pokemon which aren't really nintendo technically and also having clone characters like ganodorf (cap Falc) and Roy (marth) besides like 2 moves and Fox (falco) etc.

Now as far as PS all Stars you can say they're reaching by adding Sweet tooth (driver) and I have no idea why Big Daddy is in at all especially over Crash or Spyro or hell tomba.
I agree with TC to an extent They should have added more popular characters Sony has sooo many characters they can use hopefully with DLC. So far Kat from gravity rush is coming and the guy from starhawk is coming. I dunno why he is DLC over Crash but oh well I just hope they don't add a bunch of FPS TPS characters in we already have enough.
---
PSN:Knickyknucklez 360:Kn1ckyknucklez
#157trollhunter2Posted 11/27/2012 6:55:13 PM
deathpapaya posted...

Nobody remembers or cares who Sir Daniel, Jak, Ratchet, Sweet Tooth (even back then w/e his vehicle, nobody cares about him), Sly, Parappa, are anymore, and even more don't even know them.

stopped reading there you are a bad person and should feel ashamed
---
Official Alundra of PSASBR Board
just add me psn: Naijaplaya
#158trollhunter2Posted 11/27/2012 6:57:12 PM
deathpapaya posted...
toomanymouths posted...
Lol while I agree the roster could use improvement, I acknowledge that characters cost money and SuperBot needs to prove themselves before companies are going to even be willing to sell their rights for certain characters.

With that in mind, this roster is more than fine.

Your analysis of each character and whether or not it belongs (and people care about it) is just terrible. Nathan Drake is not a character people care about? Sackboy? Do you even own a PS3?

No, I put both Nathan and Sackboy into the care catagory, everything after Kratos is in the care.

grzajabarkus posted...
No one cares or remembers Sephiroth/cloud/crash/spyro.

And don't even bring in a RE character. No one cares about that at all.

RE games still sell well, they're still relevant, Weabooos love their sepiroth/cloud and both are pretty famous either way, Crash and spyro have a craaaaaaaap ton more Playstation relevance and nostalgia value to the general public than chars like Sir Daniel and parappa.

They may not have saved the game but it would have done a lot better with them in.

ratchet is more iconic than the whole non mario and zelda characters ssb so whats your point?
---
#159Reece504Posted 11/27/2012 6:57:20 PM
Aerodar posted...

Obviously Crash and Spyro...Lara croft, Snake were the faces of sony for awhile.
---
PSN:Knickyknucklez 360:Kn1ckyknucklez
#160trollhunter2Posted 11/27/2012 7:01:59 PM
deathpapaya posted...
tomster220 posted...
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/24092326.jpg

lol so defensive.

u must be mad bro.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Best_Selling_Video_Game_Franchises
gran tourismo 68mio
ratchet and clank 30 mio
god of war already 25 mio as well
uncharted is already 20 mio(in one gen btw)
so Sony first party>microsoft firsty party sales try again failtroll
---