This game flopped is because the public doesn't GAF about these characters

#31deathpapaya(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 9:52:44 AM
Phaild posted...
Go up to a random person and ask who Raiden is and they'd be like "that mortal combat dude? He's sick".

No, just no.

Mortal Kombat is a niche game within a niche genre.

No dude, more people in this world know who Scorpion, sub zero and raiden are compared to every character in all stars combined.
---
XBL: Genophia PSN: Emophia/Kitikat Steam ID: Emophia
#32LexithaniusPosted 11/27/2012 9:55:21 AM
Phaild posted...
Go up to a random person and ask who Raiden is and they'd be like "that mortal combat dude? He's sick".

No, just no.

This.

And I believe their names are pronounced differently, also.
---
Put dat mayonnaise on yo child.
PSN-WatchfulShadow/Lexithanius
#33chiefofsb78Posted 11/27/2012 9:55:35 AM
Phaild posted...

No, just no.

Yea Raiden from MK got that everybody knows that
#34PhaildPosted 11/27/2012 9:58:03 AM
Hint, "Ask a random person" is not an argument in your favour in any way whatsoever.

Neither is "Nah, dude".

Ironically every single person so far disagrees with you.
---
Days left in Service: 0 / That's that
World Gone Wrong. Make It Right: 2013 / 2 / 19
#35deathpapaya(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 10:13:54 AM
Phaild posted...
Hint, "Ask a random person" is not an argument in your favour in any way whatsoever.

Neither is "Nah, dude".

Ironically every single person so far disagrees with you.

What do you expect from fanboys?

And the Mortal Kombat characters are cultural icons for gaming, ones that nothing in this game compares to, it's a fact, like it or not.
---
XBL: Genophia PSN: Emophia/Kitikat Steam ID: Emophia
#36Knowledge_KingPosted 11/27/2012 10:14:11 AM
Come on guys. Everyone knows Raiden from MK. Like literally everyone. Not to say he's right that no one knows Raiden from MGS (though very few do), but to deny MK's popularity and recognition is just stupid.

He's also right about a lot of these characters. I've been a mostly Sony gamer from PS1 to PS3, recently switching to Xbox 360, and I don't know a lot of these characters.
---
http://www.reverbnation.com/intellectualquota
http://www.datpiff.com/Intellectual-Quota-Intellectual-World-mixtape.287780.html
#37shadowjericPosted 11/27/2012 10:20:53 AM
legendofskyland posted...
http://emotibot.net/pix/6379.gif

I LOL'd probally more then I should have at this. lol
---
Call me Jeric. pokemon white 2 fc: 0519 5086 7298 gamertag: shadowjeric psn:shadowjeric
#38LordOfCinderPosted 11/27/2012 10:22:26 AM
Spoken like true casual trash.

Seriously, you're not a gamer if you don't know any of the characters in this game.
#39PhaildPosted 11/27/2012 10:24:37 AM
Knowledge_King posted...
Come on guys. Everyone knows Raiden from MK. Like literally everyone. Not to say he's right that no one knows Raiden from MGS (though very few do), but to deny MK's popularity and recognition is just stupid.

He's also right about a lot of these characters. I've been a mostly Sony gamer from PS1 to PS3, recently switching to Xbox 360, and I don't know a lot of these characters.

I bet TC would complain if Old Snake was in PSASBR.

"WUTEH**** NOBODY RECOGNIZES THIS OLD DUDE"
---
Days left in Service: 0 / That's that
World Gone Wrong. Make It Right: 2013 / 2 / 19
#40BatenKalasPosted 11/27/2012 10:26:26 AM
shadowjeric posted...
Nobody remembers or cares who Sir Daniel, Jak, Ratchet, Sweet Tooth (even back then w/e his vehicle, nobody cares about him), Sly, Parappa, are anymore, and even more don't eve know them.

Stopped reading there.

Ditto.

Parappa and Sweet Tooth are very iconic. Any faithful Playstation fan should know them.

Jak, Ratchet, and Sly are all very iconic too - I haven't played any of their games and I know who they all are!
---
The Review Depot - http://reviewdepot.net