This game flopped is because the public doesn't GAF about these characters

#41deathpapaya(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 10:32:00 AM(edited)
Phaild posted...
Knowledge_King posted...
Come on guys. Everyone knows Raiden from MK. Like literally everyone. Not to say he's right that no one knows Raiden from MGS (though very few do), but to deny MK's popularity and recognition is just stupid.

He's also right about a lot of these characters. I've been a mostly Sony gamer from PS1 to PS3, recently switching to Xbox 360, and I don't know a lot of these characters.

I bet TC would complain if Old Snake was in PSASBR.

"WUTEH**** NOBODY RECOGNIZES THIS OLD DUDE"

MGS1 or 2 Snake would be better imo because they're more iconic and when people think solid snake they think them. But MGS4 snake would be alright too.

LordOfCinder posted...
Spoken like true casual trash.

Seriously, you're not a gamer if you don't know any of the characters in this game.

I know all these characters, me knowing them doesn't help sell the game, I'm not the average video game consumer.

The average video game consumer would only recognize a handful, the average consumer would recognize even less. The characters that they recognized that would appeal to them would be even less.
---
XBL: Genophia PSN: Emophia/Kitikat Steam ID: Emophia
#42KevoCSCSPosted 11/27/2012 10:31:08 AM
I think in a way the fact that the characters are not very well known makes it feel more appealing. It's like the game is targeted for the hardcore niche audience which I think I'm part of.

I will agree with Snake replacing Raiden.

Also Dante should've been either classic Dante or someone else. The game shouldn't have characters from games that aren't even out yet.
#43kickmesignPosted 11/27/2012 10:31:52 AM
Heavenly sword was a ps3 launch title, more like a glorified tech demo that was filler for the next god of war that didn't sell well enough to warrant a proper sequel. I WENT THERE
#44deathpapaya(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 10:34:05 AM(edited)
kickmesign posted...
Heavenly sword was a ps3 launch title, more like a glorified tech demo that was filler for the next god of war that didn't sell well enough to warrant a proper sequel. I WENT THERE

It was a good game though imo, and it sold better than the devs next game.

I really like Nariko, but yeah not many people would know who she is.
---
#45KevoCSCSPosted 11/27/2012 10:37:37 AM
I think Heavenly Sword came out in 2007. Not quite a launch title.
#46PhaildPosted 11/27/2012 10:39:25 AM(edited)
The average video game consumer would only recognize a handful, the average consumer would recognize even less.

This game isn't for your "average videogame consumer" who apparently can't even an important character from two historically best selling videogames of both PS2 and PS3 era.

The type of "average consumer" you are talking about wouldn't even consider buying a game that says "Playstation All-Stars" if he doesn't know a goddamn thing about Playstation in the first place.
---
Days left in Service: 0 / That's that
World Gone Wrong. Make It Right: 2013 / 2 / 19
#47MajesticFerretPosted 11/27/2012 10:41:10 AM
Every person who's come over either recognized Radec's appearance being from Killzone or said "hey, that's one of those guys from that game where everyone looks like darth vader." Most of the people that come over are pretty casual gamers or are 360 owners.

Radec himself isn't an icon, but the general appearance of the Helghast is. That's why Radec was a far better choice IMO than picking Sevchenco, who looks like a generic space marine.
---
Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get with it is rational thought, but with crazy the sky's the limit.
#48deathpapaya(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 10:41:52 AM
Phaild posted...
The average video game consumer would only recognize a handful, the average consumer would recognize even less.

This game isn't for your "average videogame consumer" who apparently can't even an important character from two historically best selling videogames of both PS2 and PS3 era.

The type of "average consumer" you are talking about wouldn't even consider buying a game that says "Playstation All-Stars" if he doesn't know a goddamn thing about Playstation in the first place.

Then the game is destined to flop.

You can't aim a big game like like this at such a niche audience and expect it to succeed.

And it's obvious from their marketing that they were expecting it to be their big winter game since last of us got pushed back.
---
#49shadowjericPosted 11/27/2012 10:43:42 AM(edited)
BatenKalas posted...
shadowjeric posted...
Nobody remembers or cares who Sir Daniel, Jak, Ratchet, Sweet Tooth (even back then w/e his vehicle, nobody cares about him), Sly, Parappa, are anymore, and even more don't eve know them.

Stopped reading there.

Ditto.

Parappa and Sweet Tooth are very iconic. Any faithful Playstation fan should know them.

Jak, Ratchet, and Sly are all very iconic too - I haven't played any of their games and I know who they all are!

Get why I stopped reading?
---
Call me Jeric. pokemon white 2 fc: 0519 5086 7298 gamertag: shadowjeric psn:shadowjeric
#50KevoCSCSPosted 11/27/2012 10:45:38 AM
deathpapaya posted...
Phaild posted...

Then the game is destined to flop.

You can't aim a big game like like this at such a niche audience and expect it to succeed.

And it's obvious from their marketing that they were expecting it to be their big winter game since last of us got pushed back.

This is sadly true. PSABR will inevitably gain a cult following and will be remembered by a small but loyal fanbase in a positive light.