This game flopped is because the public doesn't GAF about these characters

#51AerodarPosted 11/27/2012 9:51:44 AM
LIES ALL LIES!!!

We'll see about this destined to fail garbage in a few months.

I think in a marketing perspective (which I am) the point of All-Stars is to gain awareness of the all roster names so that people try games like Rachet and Clank or Heavenly Sword (games, some people never heard of or played). This wasn't meant for everyone to KNOW who they all are but to introduce to them to new faces.
---
"It is what it is."
#52RogueDarkPosted 11/27/2012 9:52:20 AM
"None of Sony's first party stuff ever does blockbuster numbers. Besides GoW and Uncharted and the first LBP"

I like how you reference Gears of War as a PS game makes you look so legit.
---
Dream team for USA Canada cup 2012 Justin Wong, Wolfkrone, Alex V, Mike Ross and PR Rog.
#53FoolMeNeverPosted 11/27/2012 9:53:48 AM
RogueDark posted...
"None of Sony's first party stuff ever does blockbuster numbers. Besides GoW and Uncharted and the first LBP"

I like how you reference Gears of War as a PS game makes you look so legit.

...What? I disagree with TC and I find that a stupid thing to say. He's obviously referring to God of War.
---
A man who argues with people, who aren't even there,
is more fit to rap against this ****ing chair!
#54RogueDarkPosted 11/27/2012 9:56:50 AM
Good call on that GoW.
---
Dream team for USA Canada cup 2012 Justin Wong, Wolfkrone, Alex V, Mike Ross and PR Rog.
#55EVILBRENDAPosted 11/27/2012 10:03:06 AM
Aerodar posted...
LIES ALL LIES!!!

I think in a marketing perspective (which I am) the point of All-Stars is to gain awareness of the all roster names so that people try games like Rachet and Clank or Heavenly Sword (games, some people never heard of or played). This wasn't meant for everyone to KNOW who they all are but to introduce to them to new faces.

Little late for that don't you think. That's the same as watching a TV show for 6 years before they mention the character names.

It's a Super Smash knock off. Point blank. I could care less for the game just like all fighting games but I know a rehash when I see it. I would suggest next time that TC NOT listen to fanboys and rent instead of buy. People put the rose colored glasses of nostalgia on and forget to take them off.
---
PSN: cavesitter/Live: cavesitter
Battlelog Info is cavesitter1 Don't ask.
#56banana360Posted 11/27/2012 10:05:10 AM
shadowjeric posted...
Nobody remembers or cares who Sir Daniel, Jak, Ratchet, Sweet Tooth (even back then w/e his vehicle, nobody cares about him), Sly, Parappa, are anymore, and even more don't eve know them.

Stopped reading there.

---
This reminds me of English classes where we'd put bulls*** meanings to things the that the authors didn't intend. - curryandrice
#57JerichoDarkstarPosted 11/27/2012 10:08:31 AM
So, basically, we are still arguing over petty flaws in the game such as characters or the fact it was a party brawler. Grow up, people. Enjoy the game if you like the gameplay, and if you don't then simply say so. Quit b******* about s*** that doesn't matter.

And as far as "Super Smash knock offf" goes. . . I hate to break it to you people, but Smash was not the first party brawler, and it certainly won't be the last. I don't hear anyone complaining about Marvel VS. Capcom. . .
---
I'll make a big enough ruckus for everyone.
#58linkumsPosted 11/27/2012 10:15:31 AM
I don't really care who the characters are as long as the gameplay is fun. I would almost settle for plain hitboxes moving around.

I've hardly played any of the big Playstation games over the years, so here's how well I know each of the characters.

Know well: Fat Princess, Sackboy, Sweet Tooth
Know moderately well: Big Daddy, Kratos
Sort of know: Cole, Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank
Had heard of: Dante, Parappa, Raiden, Sly, Kat
Didn't know at all: Radec, Heihachi, Nariko, Nathan Drake, Sir Daniel, Spike, Toro, Emmett Graves
---
Latest post: "Firefly: The Game Collection"
http://whattheycallgames.blogspot.com/
#59AerodarPosted 11/27/2012 10:18:11 AM
EVILBRENDA posted...
Aerodar posted...
LIES ALL LIES!!!

Little late for that don't you think. That's the same as watching a TV show for 6 years before they mention the character names.

It's a Super Smash knock off. Point blank. I could care less for the game just like all fighting games but I know a rehash when I see it. I would suggest next time that TC NOT listen to fanboys and rent instead of buy. People put the rose colored glasses of nostalgia on and forget to take them off.

lol another opinion that = sad.

This game isn't a smash knockoff, being a fan of smash bros I would know too.

What is wrong with reliving old games? These new age games are getting worse every year. Shooter after shooter. Some of us enjoy games 6+ years ago so I and many others can care less for your rotten opinion.
---
"It is what it is."
#60imagine606Posted 11/27/2012 10:20:31 AM
Hasn't been out long enough to flop.