This game flopped is because the public doesn't GAF about these characters

#61KillDozer123Posted 11/27/2012 11:20:58 AM
deathpapaya posted...
Taizuku posted...
You think no one knows Radec, Cole, or Raiden?

Lol, kill yourself.

No they don't.

People who've never played MGS know who snake is.

Raiden? Not so much.

Radec, lmao, I have both PS3 Killzone games I don't even know who the hell he his, he looks like some generic nazi supersoldier thing.

Cole, aka the most generic looking protag ever? You think even 2% of the general public know who he is? Lmao.

KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHN!!! XD
---
They see me Kahn'in'! They Hatin'!
#62Thirdrail1Posted 11/27/2012 11:45:13 AM
Some of the characters are kind of obscure. I don't think "all-stars" really means what Sony thinks it means. But even the ones I love, like Sweet Tooth and Sackboy, I don't want to see in a game together.

The thing about Smash Brothers, too, is that because of Nintendo's eternally cartoonish style of games, the characters all look like they belong together. The Playstation All-stars look like a Wreck-it-Ralph hodge podge of b-list game characters all shoehorned into the same game. The cast of Smash Brothers just look like the icons of Nintendo's gaming pantheon.

I don't have ANY desire to play either game, but at least I can look at 5 minutes of Smash Brothers without thinking, "Wow, that's just pathetic."
---
Understand this: Game reviews are written by people who think being a "video game journalist" is possible.
#63KillDozer123Posted 11/27/2012 11:48:15 AM
"All-Stars" is relative. It can mean all sorts of different things.
---
They see me Kahn'in'! They Hatin'!
#64JerichoDarkstarPosted 11/27/2012 11:51:01 AM
Thirdrail1 posted...
. . . but at least I can look at 5 minutes of Smash Brothers without thinking, "Wow, that's just pathetic."

If you think All Stars is "pathetic," and Smash isn't, then you need to re-evaluate the games. Just because All Stars doesn't fit your style of gaming, doesn't mean it's "pathetic." In fact, its just as good of a party brawler as Smash. They are equal in terms of gameplay.
---
I'll make a big enough ruckus for everyone.
#65AerodarPosted 11/27/2012 11:52:50 AM
JerichoDarkstar posted...
Thirdrail1 posted...
. . . but at least I can look at 5 minutes of Smash Brothers without thinking, "Wow, that's just pathetic."

If you think All Stars is "pathetic," and Smash isn't, then you need to re-evaluate the games. Just because All Stars doesn't fit your style of gaming, doesn't mean it's "pathetic." In fact, its just as good of a party brawler as Smash. They are equal in terms of gameplay.

I agree, both games are great and you need to understand Nintendo characters are different than PS characters, The PS ones have better graphics and are a bit more realistic.
---
"It is what it is."
#66Semi45aPosted 11/27/2012 12:10:26 PM
this game flopped because it sucks. nothing more.
---
The only Vita games really worth getting: Gravity Rush & P4G
Being unable to detect sarcasm and lies might be an early way to catch dementia
#67GreatTroySenseiPosted 11/27/2012 12:12:36 PM
Taizuku posted...

Lol, kill yourself.

Go tell anyone at your office / college / playground / daycare that you're going as Col. Radec next Halloween. $5 says they respond. "Nice. He's from... Game of Thrones? Right?"
---
These are like, third dimension glasses, you know? They don't really work, though because I feel like I'm still seeing stuff in whatever dimension we live in.
#68ChimcharwhoohooPosted 11/27/2012 12:12:59 PM
nobody remembers/cares about Cole, Sly, and Ratchet? I'm sorry. but this just screams trolling.
---
PSN~ MilliardoPcraft
Raging Blast 2 Main Team: SSJTrunks(Sword), Cell Jr., Android #17, Meta-Cooler, Salza
#69JerichoDarkstarPosted 11/27/2012 12:15:09 PM(edited)
GreatTroySensei posted...
Taizuku posted...

Lol, kill yourself.

Go tell anyone at your office / college / playground / daycare that you're going as Col. Radec next Halloween. $5 says they respond. "Nice. He's from... Game of Thrones? Right?"

Ya know, I had no idea who Roy, Marth, or Ike was or what game they were from. I picked up Melee and Brawl and guess what? I got into Fire Emblem and it's one of my favorite game series (Ike really did it for me). Just because a lot of people may not know who the character is doesn't mean they weren't a good inclusion in the game.
---
I'll make a big enough ruckus for everyone.
#70GreatTroySenseiPosted 11/27/2012 12:16:59 PM
JerichoDarkstar posted...
So, basically, we are still arguing over petty flaws in the game such as characters or the fact it was a party brawler. Grow up, people. Enjoy the game if you like the gameplay, and if you don't then simply say so. Quit b******* about s*** that doesn't matter.

And as far as "Super Smash knock offf" goes. . . I hate to break it to you people, but Smash was not the first party brawler, and it certainly won't be the last. I don't hear anyone complaining about Marvel VS. Capcom. . .

MvC was a 2d fighter, not a 'party brawler. Points for inventing a genre name for Smash clone.

Next time, at least cite DreamMix TV World Fighters, Viewtiful Joe Red Hot Rumble, Power Stone, the earlier Narutimate Hero games, Jump Super/Ultimate Stars or that Cartoon Network one [Punch Something?] as evidence of it being a genre piece... and even then, none of those lifted so blatantly from Smash.
---
These are like, third dimension glasses, you know? They don't really work, though because I feel like I'm still seeing stuff in whatever dimension we live in.