This game flopped is because the public doesn't GAF about these characters

#71GreatTroySenseiPosted 11/27/2012 12:18:51 PM
JerichoDarkstar posted...
GreatTroySensei posted...
Taizuku posted...
You think no one knows Radec, Cole, or Raiden?

Lol, kill yourself.

Go tell anyone at your office / college / playground / daycare that you're going as Col. Radec next Halloween. $5 says they respond. "Nice. He's from... Game of Thrones? Right?"

Ya know, I had no idea who Roy, Marth, or Ike was or what game they were from. I picked up Melee and Brawl and guess what? I got into Fire Emblem and it's one of my favorite game series (Ike really did it for me). Just because a lot of people may not know who the character is doesn't mean they weren't a good inclusion in the game.

Didn't say he wasn't a worthwhile inclusion. Said that in fact, nearly nobody knows who the heck he is. By the by, I forgot the Onimusha one... Blade Warriors, in the above post.
---
These are like, third dimension glasses, you know? They don't really work, though because I feel like I'm still seeing stuff in whatever dimension we live in.
#72JerichoDarkstarPosted 11/27/2012 12:20:48 PM
So, basically, we are still arguing over petty flaws in the game such as characters or the fact it was a party brawler. Grow up, people. Enjoy the game if you like the gameplay, and if you don't then simply say so. Quit b******* about s*** that doesn't matter.

And as far as "Super Smash knock offf" goes. . . I hate to break it to you people, but Smash was not the first party brawler, and it certainly won't be the last. I don't hear anyone complaining about Marvel VS. Capcom. . .

MvC was a 2d fighter, not a 'party brawler. Points for inventing a genre name for Smash clone.

Next time, at least cite DreamMix TV World Fighters, Viewtiful Joe Red Hot Rumble, Power Stone, the earlier Narutimate Hero games, Jump Super/Ultimate Stars or that Cartoon Network one [Punch Something?] as evidence of it being a genre piece... and even then, none of those lifted so blatantly from Smash.

What I'm saying is nobody complains about MvC being a Street Fighter rip-off to the extent that everyone complains about PSAS being a Smash rip-off. It's like Smash is the only party brawler. It's insulting, really. That's like saying every FPS this gen is a rip-off of Halo.

And if you think All Stars ripped-off Smash "blatantly", you better take a closer look. The only thing the games have in common is party brawler genre. That's it.
---
I'll make a big enough ruckus for everyone.
#73deathpapaya(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 12:21:29 PM
So, basically, we are still arguing over petty flaws in the game such as characters or the fact it was a party brawler. Grow up, people. Enjoy the game if you like the gameplay, and if you don't then simply say so. Quit b******* about s*** that doesn't matter.

And as far as "Super Smash knock offf" goes. . . I hate to break it to you people, but Smash was not the first party brawler, and it certainly won't be the last. I don't hear anyone complaining about Marvel VS. Capcom. . .

MvC was a 2d fighter, not a 'party brawler. Points for inventing a genre name for Smash clone.

Next time, at least cite DreamMix TV World Fighters, Viewtiful Joe Red Hot Rumble, Power Stone, the earlier Narutimate Hero games, Jump Super/Ultimate Stars or that Cartoon Network one [Punch Something?] as evidence of it being a genre piece... and even then, none of those lifted so blatantly from Smash.

Jump Ultimate Stars is my favorite, that game was sooo much fun online.
---
XBL: Genophia PSN: Emophia/Kitikat Steam ID: Emophia
#74JerichoDarkstarPosted 11/27/2012 12:21:42 PM
Taizuku posted...
You think no one knows Radec, Cole, or Raiden?

Lol, kill yourself.

Go tell anyone at your office / college / playground / daycare that you're going as Col. Radec next Halloween. $5 says they respond. "Nice. He's from... Game of Thrones? Right?"

Ya know, I had no idea who Roy, Marth, or Ike was or what game they were from. I picked up Melee and Brawl and guess what? I got into Fire Emblem and it's one of my favorite game series (Ike really did it for me). Just because a lot of people may not know who the character is doesn't mean they weren't a good inclusion in the game.

Didn't say he wasn't a worthwhile inclusion. Said that in fact, nearly nobody knows who the heck he is. By the by, I forgot the Onimusha one... Blade Warriors, in the above post.

Oh, okay. Mah bad :(
---
I'll make a big enough ruckus for everyone.
#75wh0_kn0wsPosted 11/27/2012 12:24:53 PM
i blame newfriend dante.

his failure stretches across the normal boundaries of individual games.
---
it's simple. just be nice.
#76IzzythewinnerPosted 11/27/2012 12:26:46 PM
If your telling me no one knows who raiden is, including yourself, then i would strongly advise in a strongly worded manner that you stop playing video games, and instead go play a call of duty. The biggest insult to entertainment.
---
PSN NAME: IzzyTehPwnr
XBL: Izzy The Owner
#77johnluke728Posted 11/27/2012 12:28:50 PM
Somebody call whine one one, we need a whaaaambulence for TC's butthurt.

IngSlayer posted...
Flop, flop, flop, flop, flop, flop...

Is that all you people can ever think of to say?

True that, it's all I've been hearing since the release. So what if they couldn't include Crash or Spyro or Lara Croft, pretty much anyone with a Playstation will know who Ratchet/Clank Jak, Nathan Drake, or Kratos is. Despite owning a PSX, I've never even played Jak and Daxter or Parrapa the Rapper, but I know who they are, and wouldn't mind buying those games if I came across them.

People need to quit complaining about the lack of certain characters. It's the only reason this game "flopped" in their minds, otherwise they would probably be just as forgiving about All-Stars' actual faults as everyone else, IMO.
---
http://shantaefanforums.tk/ <-- Huge fan of the Shantae games? Then you should check the first fan forum that's all about the belly-dancing half-genie!
#78TheNardDogPosted 11/27/2012 12:32:20 PM
It flopped because nobody knew about it. Also, we don't know it flopped.

I see people saying ones like even Jak aren't relevant, but I see little kids knowing them. Like really young. Then they say "I know that guy!" and they already like them. Even if they didn't get far in the game, as with everyone else, the lovable design of someone like Daxter pulls them in. Then you can buy the game just for 1 character. I know I'm not hyped about many in Smash Bros. Barely any, actually. But I enjoy the game. I've seen people saying they're buying for Sir Dan, by the way. A surprising amount. I know someone buying for Fat Princess.

The characters are relevant and I doubt this game did really bad. Get over yourself.
---
Robbit (Jumping Flash!) definitely most wanted AND deserving for PS All-Stars Battle Royale!!!
Also, Sullivan is still a dirty old man.
#79LuminescentRulePosted 11/27/2012 12:41:10 PM
- Live action commercial with 5.5M views, shown in theatres and during sports match
- TV ad especially for Europe
- Present at every single event since E3
- Tons and tons of internet coverage

No amount of marketing would have helped it.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#80TheNardDogPosted 11/27/2012 12:45:13 PM
LuminescentRule posted...
- Live action commercial with 5.5M views, shown in theatres and during sports match
- TV ad especially for Europe
- Present at every single event since E3
- Tons and tons of internet coverage

No amount of marketing would have helped it.

Where I live in Canada (so probably all of Canada) the commercials weren't available in movie theaters and whatever sports match that was isn't popular here. The commercials air on one channel out of the ones we have here (which again, the ones that'd be airing it are the same across Canada). It airs about 6 times a day. Mostly at night. I only have 1 friend who heard about the game. He's an Xbox fanboy who usually hates PS3 but he said it looked pretty funny and the game looks interesting.
---
Robbit (Jumping Flash!) definitely most wanted AND deserving for PS All-Stars Battle Royale!!!
Also, Sullivan is still a dirty old man.