This game flopped is because the public doesn't GAF about these characters

#91GreatTroySenseiPosted 11/27/2012 1:25:31 PM
KillDozer123 posted...
GreatTroySensei posted...
MvC was a 2d fighter, not a 'party brawler. Points for inventing a genre name for Smash clone.

Next time, at least cite DreamMix TV World Fighters, Viewtiful Joe Red Hot Rumble, Power Stone, the earlier Narutimate Hero games, Jump Super/Ultimate Stars or that Cartoon Network one [Punch Something?] as evidence of it being a genre piece... and even then, none of those lifted so blatantly from Smash.

First of all, congratulations at failing to understand he's not calling Marvel vs Capcom 2 a Party Brawler...never said that at all.

Secondly, please tell me where in Smash do you see Supers, and a Super-Kill system? If you seriously claim this is EXACTLY like Smash and CNPTE is completely different, then you are a troll.

Never said that it's EXACTLY like Smash ,Captain Yellingsly. I said that it's clearly the same kind of game, and clearly inspired by Smash, like all those others - in some ways, moreso. The arguments on this board and in this thread had stated the contrary - that PSAS is such a completely new and different experience, and OMG stop saying it's like Smash, it's totally distinct. I was rebutting that.

It's not a carbon copy of Smash, no... but it's very much a sister game.

By the by? Brawl had FS, which function almost exactly like Lv.3's. The tactical Lv.1's and2's in PSAS are a nice addition, and I wouldn't be shocked if the next Smash rips them off in turn, bringing the whole thing full circle.
---
These are like, third dimension glasses, you know? They don't really work, though because I feel like I'm still seeing stuff in whatever dimension we live in.
#92SilentS89Posted 11/27/2012 1:30:20 PM
TC is kinda right. The roster is a mess, characters from multiplats, characters that don't actually have a game released. Characters from games that haven't released a game in a decade.

Feels like this game got sloppy seconds when it comes to characters. MVC got classic dante, this got Ninja Theory Dante. Smash got Snake, this got Raiden. Its obvious that the roster was decided based on what they want to promote rather than what the fans want or what would be good for the game.

Only the hardest of the hardcore could recognize all the characters in this game.

Frankly I don't know even half these characters.

Smash is filled to the brim with characters even non-gamers can recognize. The only character like that in this is Kratos. But Kratos guest appears in everything.
#93TheAgent41Posted 11/27/2012 1:35:14 PM
Maybe you say no one remembers these characters because you yourself never liked this as a kid. But that doesn't mean no one remembers them or wants them. Take Sir Dan, for example. When this game was announced, you'd be surprised at how the requests for Dan skyrocketed. He has a HUGE fanbase; just because you aren't a part of that fanbase doesn't make him forgettable. MediEvil was a huge success and is very memorable.

This same reasoning applies for all of the characters you listed here, like Jak, PaRappa, Sweet Tooth, and Sly.

Btw, you DO know Sly is getting a new game, right? If that's true, how is he forgotten?
---
I'm Your Host, TheAgent41!
#94KillDozer123Posted 11/27/2012 1:38:29 PM
Never said that it's EXACTLY like Smash ,Captain Yellingsly. I said that it's clearly the same kind of game, and clearly inspired by Smash, like all those others - in some ways, moreso. The arguments on this board and in this thread had stated the contrary - that PSAS is such a completely new and different experience, and OMG stop saying it's like Smash, it's totally distinct. I was rebutting that.

By the by? Brawl had FS, which function almost exactly like Lv.3's. The tactical Lv.1's and2's in PSAS are a nice addition, and I wouldn't be shocked if the next Smash rips them off in turn, bringing the whole thing full circle.

Moreso? I see few comparisons. In fact, I think you've never played this game, or any more "cloney" games in your life.

It's more distinct than the others, lets put it that way.
---
They see me Kahn'in'! They Hatin'!
#95Bleach313Posted 11/27/2012 1:46:29 PM
I believe the game only tanked because of the roster and the over-hyping.

I don't know if anyone knows this but before the leak the planned last reveal characters were going to be Raiden and Dino... yeah i'm not kidding. This game was way over-hyped because of the potential characters that could have been in it. Their were TONS of good 1st parties (which I believe this game should have went the 1st party only route because we see what happens when you don't specify certain characters from a certain place), tons of deserving 3rd parties, plus many more. Their were just terrible additions that they thought of like Big Daddy, Fat Princess, Dino, Raiden, 2 Cole's and Heihaichi. The 3rd parties just outright didn't make since.

The over-hyping was SB's fault and their fault alone. They literally left the fans out in the cold on the game, especially in the end *cough* Tokyo Game Show. They said after the leak that the leak didn't show the full product which got everyone's hopes up. Everyone was expecting more characters and when they didn't get it everyone got ****ed off at SB. This game is the best example for what happens when you leave fans in the dark, they get over-hyped or just plain get angry after a while.

So all in all I'd say that it's the roster's fault, the over-hyping of the game, and the game seems like it needed a little more polish.
#96AzraelToday1134Posted 11/27/2012 1:57:17 PM
I bought this game, and it sucks. I was sad right out of the gate.
#97GreatTroySenseiPosted 11/27/2012 1:59:25 PM
KillDozer123 posted...

Moreso? I see few comparisons. In fact, I think you've never played this game, or any more "cloney" games in your life.

It's more distinct than the others, lets put it that way.

Played the PSASB demo, didn't buy. Owned DMTVW, VJ, the Jump games, the Power Stones and OBW. I've only ever seen the CN one in videos.

IMO, this = that. I never said the game was bad - stop being defensive. Just said that it's very much a 'Smash-like' game. Denying that is pointless, and didn't help you guys win over the Smash playerbase any.
---
These are like, third dimension glasses, you know? They don't really work, though because I feel like I'm still seeing stuff in whatever dimension we live in.
#98diebuster2Posted 11/27/2012 2:01:51 PM
Bleach313 posted...
I believe the game only tanked because of the roster and the over-hyping.

I don't know if anyone knows this but before the leak the planned last reveal characters were going to be Raiden and Dino... yeah i'm not kidding. This game was way over-hyped because of the potential characters that could have been in it. Their were TONS of good 1st parties (which I believe this game should have went the 1st party only route because we see what happens when you don't specify certain characters from a certain place), tons of deserving 3rd parties, plus many more. Their were just terrible additions that they thought of like Big Daddy, Fat Princess, Dino, Raiden, 2 Cole's and Heihaichi. The 3rd parties just outright didn't make since.

The over-hyping was SB's fault and their fault alone. They literally left the fans out in the cold on the game, especially in the end *cough* Tokyo Game Show. They said after the leak that the leak didn't show the full product which got everyone's hopes up. Everyone was expecting more characters and when they didn't get it everyone got ****ed off at SB. This game is the best example for what happens when you leave fans in the dark, they get over-hyped or just plain get angry after a while.

So all in all I'd say that it's the roster's fault, the over-hyping of the game, and the game seems like it needed a little more polish.

This sums it up for me. Superbot clearly has falsely advertised their game in places and got way too ambitious for their own good.
---
One does not simply state a negative opinion on GameFAQS without being called a troll.
#99deathpapaya(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 2:04:33 PM
deathpapaya posted...
JerichoDarkstar posted...
So, basically, we are still arguing over petty flaws in the game such as characters or the fact it was a party brawler. Grow up, people. Enjoy the game if you like the gameplay, and if you don't then simply say so. Quit b******* about s*** that doesn't matter.

And as far as "Super Smash knock offf" goes. . . I hate to break it to you people, but Smash was not the first party brawler, and it certainly won't be the last. I don't hear anyone complaining about Marvel VS. Capcom. . .

MvC was a 2d fighter, not a 'party brawler. Points for inventing a genre name for Smash clone.

Next time, at least cite DreamMix TV World Fighters, Viewtiful Joe Red Hot Rumble, Power Stone, the earlier Narutimate Hero games, Jump Super/Ultimate Stars or that Cartoon Network one [Punch Something?] as evidence of it being a genre piece... and even then, none of those lifted so blatantly from Smash.

Jump Ultimate Stars is my favorite, that game was sooo much fun online.

Truth. Here in Asia, I found someone searching for a match damn near every time I boarded a train, for like MONTHS. It was awesome.

Yeah, I never had trouble finding games even years after it came out.

I wonder why they still haven't gotten around to a third game for the 3DS, JUS sold really well afaik.

Though even if it did come out the 3DS is region locked so I'd either have to wait for it to get hacked or import a Japanese 3DS.
---
XBL: Genophia PSN: Emophia/Kitikat Steam ID: Emophia
#100cloudriveraPosted 11/27/2012 2:05:22 PM
The PlayStation roster is ok, my problem is with the 3rd party roster

What this game needs is Megaman! F*** Dante!

Who's with me?!

But seriously, if they really wanted impact ,the 3rd party chars should have been:

Megaman
Lara Croft
Alucard
Heihachi
Sonic
Snake

Yea i know the last two were in smash but people already compare it to smash anyway so f*** it, use them
---
currently playing: Crysis, Assassin's Creed 3, Halo 4