Getting a different character then I picked

#1zferoliePosted 11/27/2012 9:19:59 AM
a few times when I played online matches and I selected Sackboy, I when the game started I was a different character, but it listed them having the same rank as my Sackboy(that changed after the match though)

The first time I got Sir Dan, second time I got sweet tooth, and the third time I got Monkey Boy guy.

This happen to anyone else?
---
Why did the dinosaurs die? Because you touch yourself at night
PSN: zferolie
#2rahmed51387Posted 11/27/2012 9:23:11 AM
It's a known bug, basically this is most likely to happen when you choose your character and go looking for online matches. If you were "Connecting" to a match, then it goes back to "Searching for opponents", there is a chance that this could happen.

It happened to me multiple times in the beta.
---
PSN:LonelyDesperado
MissTFayed: rahmed51387 - You got the surfer accent. You are officially the smartest person on here.
#3GrilledWooperPosted 11/27/2012 9:24:25 AM
Happens to me quite frequently, but it's no problem. Just now I got thrown in as Raidan instead of Nathan Drake, but I still won the match due to a cheap Level 1 in Overtime. Went from level 2 to like 7 or so.
---
http://clanbotc.com/
Great clan, forum, and community, do check us out!
#4wwinterj25Posted 11/27/2012 9:53:20 AM
Happens to me also. Although I picked Dante the game gave me Heihatchi. I would have just quit but played the match and won by a landslide. Heihatchi is now the character I'm working on as I find his level 2 to be great.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj
#5zferolie(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 10:50:52 AM
Ah so this is known. This wouldn't have been so bad if the characters it gave me I had no idea how to play them, haha
---
#6SpacePirateKhanPosted 11/27/2012 10:54:00 AM(edited)
ProTip:
Mash the O Button constantly after Opponents Found. If the glitch is going to happen, it'll happen if the game decides to search for new opponents, giving you a fraction of a second to press O and cancel out or risk being stuck with someone you're bad at.
---
Official Sackboy Champion of Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Board!
www.change.org/petitions/superbot-make-the-king-of-all-cosmos-a-dlc-character-2
#7zferolie(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 10:59:48 AM
SpacePirateKhan posted...
ProTip:
Mash the O Button constantly after Opponents Found. If the glitch is going to happen, it'll happen if the game decides to search for new opponents, giving you a fraction of a second to press O and cancel out or risk being stuck with someone you're bad at.

Cool, I'll have to remember that.
---