Getting a different character then I picked

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
  3. Getting a different character then I picked

User Info: zferolie

zferolie
4 years ago#1
a few times when I played online matches and I selected Sackboy, I when the game started I was a different character, but it listed them having the same rank as my Sackboy(that changed after the match though)

The first time I got Sir Dan, second time I got sweet tooth, and the third time I got Monkey Boy guy.

This happen to anyone else?
Why did the dinosaurs die? Because you touch yourself at night
PSN: zferolie

User Info: rahmed51387

rahmed51387
4 years ago#2
It's a known bug, basically this is most likely to happen when you choose your character and go looking for online matches. If you were "Connecting" to a match, then it goes back to "Searching for opponents", there is a chance that this could happen.

It happened to me multiple times in the beta.
PSN:LonelyDesperado
MissTFayed: rahmed51387 - You got the surfer accent. You are officially the smartest person on here.

User Info: GrilledWooper

GrilledWooper
4 years ago#3
Happens to me quite frequently, but it's no problem. Just now I got thrown in as Raidan instead of Nathan Drake, but I still won the match due to a cheap Level 1 in Overtime. Went from level 2 to like 7 or so.
http://clanbotc.com/
Great clan, forum, and community, do check us out!

User Info: wwinterj25

wwinterj25
4 years ago#4
Happens to me also. Although I picked Dante the game gave me Heihatchi. I would have just quit but played the match and won by a landslide. Heihatchi is now the character I'm working on as I find his level 2 to be great.
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj

zferolie
4 years ago#5
Ah so this is known. This wouldn't have been so bad if the characters it gave me I had no idea how to play them, haha

User Info: SpacePirateKhan

SpacePirateKhan
4 years ago#6
ProTip:
Mash the O Button constantly after Opponents Found. If the glitch is going to happen, it'll happen if the game decides to search for new opponents, giving you a fraction of a second to press O and cancel out or risk being stuck with someone you're bad at.
Official Sackboy Champion of Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Board!
www.change.org/petitions/superbot-make-the-king-of-all-cosmos-a-dlc-character-2

zferolie
4 years ago#7
SpacePirateKhan posted...
ProTip:
Mash the O Button constantly after Opponents Found. If the glitch is going to happen, it'll happen if the game decides to search for new opponents, giving you a fraction of a second to press O and cancel out or risk being stuck with someone you're bad at.

Cool, I'll have to remember that.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
  3. Getting a different character then I picked

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
SMS teases PSASBR on Twitter?SSBR1071/17 5:44PM