Seth Killian explains hostility against this game.

#11rahmed51387Posted 11/27/2012 1:04:17 PM
iLovebabes posted...
First thats wrong. I never played 3rd strike but i know people who enjoyed both. I played melee and brawl and again know many people who enjoyed both. You get the whole Brawl sucks, melee is better thing, and Street fighter when you add the crappy FGC in to this. The FGC is what make people do this crap. By the the way Seth is a hack.

Apparently you missed the message he was saying. It's the initial resistance that most people have when they are invested in something or have devoted time to something (considering time is a resource). Since PSASBR is still quite young, it's going to have to prove itself, compared to how long Smash has been out.

Granted, when people may actually give the game a chance, they may come to like it, and thus, may be able to like both (or all) versions of each game, changes and all.
---
PSN:LonelyDesperado
MissTFayed: rahmed51387 - You got the surfer accent. You are officially the smartest person on here.
#12Trenton1234Posted 11/27/2012 1:06:04 PM
iLovebabes posted...
First thats wrong. I never played 3rd strike but i know people who enjoyed both. I played melee and brawl and again know many people who enjoyed both. You get the whole Brawl sucks, melee is better thing, and Street fighter when you add the crappy FGC in to this. The FGC is what make people do this crap. By the the way Seth is a hack.

I'm sorry but I'm going to have to disagree, there was ENORMOUS amounts of backlash from melee players when brawl came out due to the game's inherent campiness. The community was practically split between the two games.
---
Im pretty sure Ive never seen Link move like that (Mario though, yeah. Mario is awesome)- _Clinton
JUS fc- 4769-4089-1913
#13iLovebabesPosted 11/27/2012 1:09:57 PM
Yeah that was the FGC, that started that crap. Then people latched on because if they so it must be right.
---
Smash bros = party fighter---
Sony Smash = marketing fighter---360-PS3-Wii-3DS
#14Raven-ZPosted 11/27/2012 1:14:33 PM
This is very true. It strikes a hard mark because it's catering to both the mascot mashup party brawler crowd AND the fighting game crowd. It's trying to be both and I don't think I failed, but catering to one side is always going to take a bit away from the other.

Things like how Cole(s) and Drake's basic melee combos randomly end in one of three different attacks hurt the accountable predictability expected from a Street Fighter-esque competitive fighter. Mastering character combos will help you dominate, but reliance on a combo system makes it less friendly to casuals and first-time players, especially online where pro players can clean up. I don't see any way in which it can appease both sides and both crowds wholly, so we should take it for what it is; a fun party brawler with depth that rewards skill.

Will it be ranked alongside SF and MK? No. Will it make EVO? Probably not. Will it continue to be fun and engaging? Absolutely.
---
PSN/GT/Steam: Ravendust
Reviews are a metric of quality. Sales are a metric of popularity.
#15blaze19_0X(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 1:25:06 PM(edited)
Raven-Z posted...
This is very true. It strikes a hard mark because it's catering to both the mascot mashup party brawler crowd AND the fighting game crowd. It's trying to be both and I don't think I failed, but catering to one side is always going to take a bit away from the other.

Things like how Cole(s) and Drake's basic melee combos randomly end in one of three different attacks hurt the accountable predictability expected from a Street Fighter-esque competitive fighter. Mastering character combos will help you dominate, but reliance on a combo system makes it less friendly to casuals and first-time players, especially online where pro players can clean up. I don't see any way in which it can appease both sides and both crowds wholly, so we should take it for what it is; a fun party brawler with depth that rewards skill.

Will it be ranked alongside SF and MK? No. Will it make EVO? Probably not. Will it continue to be fun and engaging? Absolutely.

Evo is hardly a standard to go on anyway. It was formed by SNK and Capcom fanboys. No fighting game gets respect at Evo unless it's called Street Fighter or Marvel. They even hate 3D fighters and MK. Sure they get spots but that's mainly because they help sponser the event. If you tune into the chat comments you'll notice 80% or more of the people there are watching for SF and Marvel and they consider every other game trash.

I would argue Platform fighters like Smash and PSASBR have levels of depth not found in traditional fighters. First consider the spacing involved. In SF it's a lot more linear as you don't have nearly as much mobility. You have to worry about less options. Then consider the stages which add another layer depth not found in SF. Finally look at the characters. Overall the characters in Brawl and PSASBR are probably more unique than in AE.

And this is coming from an AE player. AE has 39 characters but like literally 10 or more of them play WAY too much like Ryu.
---
http://allstararena.com
Competitve Hub for Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
#16atopthemountainPosted 11/27/2012 1:24:36 PM
Raven-Z posted...

Yea....while it is no SF or MK....its still got some depth...imo its got more tactic and skill building than smash....i have non-game friends who can pick up smash and get some lcuky kills just falcon punching randomly.

you cant do that in this game....if youre not agressing...you wont even have th AP to land it.....both smash and allstars are fun....
playing smash gives you a slight advantadge in the mechanics but honestly PSA is its own game....i
-------
i like killians insights...my fav is his article on "cheap" characters and moves...well said.
#17kaliskonigPosted 11/27/2012 2:55:36 PM
...I just think it's a crap game. What he says is all fine and dandy buy that doesn't mean it holds true to the majority who don't like this game.