IGN: PlayStation All-Stars Sales "are Right on Target", Sony says

#101Devil_wings00Posted 11/27/2012 7:15:05 PM
PhaseBlack posted...
iPutinWORK posted...
Typical PR / marketing answer.

This article neither confirms nor denies that this game flopped.

We won't know whether it "flopped" for another several months.

/ topic

What? How can it be a flop when Sony said the game sales are on target? They would not say it if they werent meeting expected numbers

How naive are you? My god politicians LOVE people like you. You just believe the crap that flies out of there mouth because "well they wouldn't LIE would they??". It's called PR and the guys job is to spin words and help sell products. When the Vita was selling poorly (and still is) the Sony PR reps came out and said "it's a marathon not a race" you see what he did there? He spun the words to make something that is objectively bad seem not so bad. That is there job. They will almost always NEVER say something failed or flopped EVER unless it's years in the past and they aren't trying to sell that product anymore. Now I have no idea how good or bad this game did nor do I care, since I don't plan on buying it, but seriously I couldn't help but comment because your naivety is astounding.
---
3570k @ 4.6, GTX 580 @ 980/2106, ASUS Sabertooth z77, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHZ, 2 Mushkin Chronos in raid0, 1TB WD black.
#102lightdragoon88Posted 11/27/2012 7:19:44 PM
Devil_wings00 posted...
PhaseBlack posted...
iPutinWORK posted...

/ topic

What? How can it be a flop when Sony said the game sales are on target? They would not say it if they werent meeting expected numbers

How naive are you? My god politicians LOVE people like you. You just believe the crap that flies out of there mouth because "well they wouldn't LIE would they??". It's called PR and the guys job is to spin words and help sell products. When the Vita was selling poorly (and still is) the Sony PR reps came out and said "it's a marathon not a race" you see what he did there? He spun the words to make something that is objectively bad seem not so bad. That is there job. They will almost always NEVER say something failed or flopped EVER unless it's years in the past and they aren't trying to sell that product anymore. Now I have no idea how good or bad this game did nor do I care, since I don't plan on buying it, but seriously I couldn't help but comment because your naivety is astounding.

And I love parodied people like you that just assume the worst and that everything they say is a lie.
---
LIFE IS A BEAUTY HOWL!
#103TiamatKillerPosted 11/27/2012 7:20:54 PM
PhaseBlack posted...
iPutinWORK posted...

/ topic

The same reason that Reggie said CoD looked dramatically better on the Wii U than on the other consoles.
---
GTX 560 Ti (2GB)/ z77-pro motherboard/ i5-3570k/ 8 GB RAM
#104LuminescentRulePosted 11/27/2012 7:21:48 PM
We'll confirm the flop when next week the game charts poorly again the UK. And we'll confirm further when NPD results are out.
---
150,000 first week worldwide
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/EmperorLawlight.png
#105BloodPanther0Posted 11/27/2012 7:26:28 PM
Why do so many people here want a sequel and mass amounts of DLC so badly?

Do you actually like throwing away your money? Are you even from the 21st century?
#106OldDirtyCRPosted 11/27/2012 7:38:31 PM
lightdragoon88 posted...
Devil_wings00 posted...
PhaseBlack posted...
iPutinWORK posted...

/ topic

And I love parodied people like you that just assume the worst and that everything they say is a lie.

While I don't think the game was a big flop, I do think you need to acknowledge the truth in his words. It's naive to take everything PR departments shovel at you at face value. He's absolutely correct that it's going to be extremely rare for a company to come out and say something flopped horribly, especially when they spent ridiculous amounts of money marketing it. If the company itself is saying it flopped then it hurts the integrity of the product and less people will buy it because they figure the online is going to be dead and there will be little replay value.

It's the job of the PR department to spin anything into something hopeful/positive. This is why they get paid relatively good money and this is how he makes his living. He's built his career out of sugar coating things.

Just as it's dumb to assume everyone is lying, it's dumb to assume that every announcement is 100% truth.

For example, look at McDonald's advertising. Do they say "The burgers are grey and they sometimes taste like cardboard?" No. They paint a picture of a juicy grilled burger that melts in your mouth.

"But McDonalds said all their food is of very high quality, it must be true...right?!!? Why else would they possibly want to say that?"
#107lightdragoon88Posted 11/27/2012 7:43:59 PM
OldDirtyCR posted...
lightdragoon88 posted...
Devil_wings00 posted...
PhaseBlack posted...
iPutinWORK posted...

/ topic

While I don't think the game was a big flop, I do think you need to acknowledge the truth in his words. It's naive to take everything PR departments shovel at you at face value. He's absolutely correct that it's going to be extremely rare for a company to come out and say something flopped horribly, especially when they spent ridiculous amounts of money marketing it. If the company itself is saying it flopped then it hurts the integrity of the product and less people will buy it because they figure the online is going to be dead and there will be little replay value.

It's the job of the PR department to spin anything into something hopeful/positive. This is why they get paid relatively good money and this is how he makes his living. He's built his career out of sugar coating things.

Just as it's dumb to assume everyone is lying, it's dumb to assume that every announcement is 100% truth.

For example, look at McDonald's advertising. Do they say "The burgers are grey and they sometimes taste like cardboard?" No. They paint a picture of a juicy grilled burger that melts in your mouth.

"But McDonalds said all their food is of very high quality, it must be true...right?!!? Why else would they possibly want to say that?"

I agree.

All we know is the UK sales, in one day it got in the top 40 where other had a whole weekend. The chart also doesn't count digital copies.

That really it and people are blowing this out of the water.
---
LIFE IS A BEAUTY HOWL!
#108sworderPosted 11/27/2012 7:46:06 PM
lol at all the haters being wrong and I don't even care about sales
#109Virtue777Posted 11/27/2012 8:15:10 PM
I haven't even heard of this game. I saw this thread in the most active threads section on the home page. Metacritic aggregate score is pretty low compared to other games that came out recently.
---
Coolest guy/gal on the planet: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
#110LuminescentRulePosted 11/27/2012 8:49:30 PM
lol at all the haters being wrong and I don't even care about sales

You're still DCing this game's flopping?
---
150,000 first week worldwide
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/EmperorLawlight.png