IGN: PlayStation All-Stars Sales "are Right on Target", Sony says

#111sworderPosted 11/27/2012 8:41:34 PM(edited)
LuminescentRule posted...
lol at all the haters being wrong and I don't even care about sales

You're still DCing this game's flopping?

What does it really matter? It doesn't make your life better or worse if it does.

I give you props, for some reason you're really dedicated to letting everyone know how bad it will flop.

I admit, I'm not deluded about it. I doubt it will break 2m sales, which is pretty bad for what this game could have been. Certainly more than 1m tho, even truly garbage games sell that much. But really, it's not a big deal.
#112LuminescentRulePosted 11/27/2012 8:56:14 PM

What does it really matter? It doesn't make your life better or worse if it does.

I give you props, for some reason you're really dedicated to letting everyone know how bad it will flop.

I admit, I'm not deluded about it. I doubt it will break 2m sales, which is pretty bad for what this game could have been. Certainly more than 1m tho, even truly garbage games sell that much. But really, it's not a big deal.

2m is being deluded. It won't break the 1M mark. And yes, it is a big deal - that means no great PS crossover game.
---
150,000 first week worldwide
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/EmperorLawlight.png
#113da1on2Posted 11/27/2012 9:13:23 PM
Of course all the slow people on this site think "OMG NOT #1 FLOP"

1. The game's chart ranking is a reflection of it's day one sales
2. This game is lower on the budget scale (it was made by a very small team not even owned by Sony)
3. The game was released right in the midst of the holiday season, right when most of the very large budget games drop.
4. The game was delay a month
5. The game was released days after a new console.

All these things and more determine sales expectations. It's not as simple as chart rank. Also chart rank doesn't determine profitability, which is a paradigm of a game's success.
---
Systemwars.com has much more intelligent people than GameFaqs. Post there.
#114GodzillaheiseiPosted 11/27/2012 9:15:28 PM

2m is being deluded. It won't break the 1M mark. And yes, it is a big deal - that means no great PS crossover game.

Meh

Its not a big deal.

It doesn't have any important life changing impact upon our lives. Its not going to change the world for the better. No more PS mascot brawling games? If there isn't....I don't think anyone is going to lose their minds. I don't think anyone is going to shed a tear or even whine. There are simply more important things within the world, and within our daily lives to worry about and to deal with then to worry if there will be another PS mascot brawler.

In the long run If there is, then hey, awesome. Hopefully it'll be better than the first attempt. If not then hey, life goes on.
---
---
Official Jugo of the Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Board
#115rumbalumbaPosted 11/27/2012 9:31:41 PM
da1on2 posted...
Of course all the slow people on this site think "OMG NOT #1 FLOP"

1. The game's chart ranking is a reflection of it's day one sales
2. This game is lower on the budget scale (it was made by a very small team not even owned by Sony)
3. The game was released right in the midst of the holiday season, right when most of the very large budget games drop.
4. The game was delay a month
5. The game was released days after a new console.

All these things and more determine sales expectations. It's not as simple as chart rank. Also chart rank doesn't determine profitability, which is a paradigm of a game's success.

1. still a flop. #38 in the UK charts is a flop, especially if it's day 1.
2. budget has nothing to do with it being a flop. games that had low budgets, both in production and in advertising, have done well. 100 people isn't that small of a team. Gran Turismo 5 was done by 140 people. The Last Guardian is being done by 40 people. budget and team size is irrelevant to it being a flop. Demon's Souls had even less advertising than All-Stars, yet it sold well.
3. this game has supposedly iconic characters, which is the redeeming factor against triple A games, alas it still failed. also, shouldn't the holiday season bring in more sales?
4. delay doesn't mean a thing. people from a month ago who were planning on picking this up day 1 most likely didn't change their opinion of the game a month after and decided to not purchase it.
5. then explain to me how Hitman, a game that came out the same day as All-Stars, was sitting at #2.
#116sworderPosted 11/27/2012 9:37:26 PM
rumbalumba posted...

This is just a ridiculously stupid post.

It's PS All-Stars sales of ONE day vs the sales of games for one MONTH.
#117Capitan_KidPosted 11/27/2012 9:42:30 PM
38 out of 40..................woohoo............
---
D-O-G-A-R-S DOGARS!!
#118rumbalumbaPosted 11/27/2012 9:42:57 PM
sworder posted...
rumbalumba posted...

*facepalm*
#119sworderPosted 11/27/2012 9:44:07 PM
rumbalumba posted...
sworder posted...
rumbalumba posted...

*facepalm*

Yeah facepalm lol because you just made the dumbest post in this topic.

That is a difficult feat. Congratulations!
#120bartz90Posted 11/27/2012 9:44:37 PM
Why does everyone care about the UK charts?

It's a smaller market. Wait for the rest of Europe, America, Asia Pacific first.

Besides, everyone knows the UK is 360 country. ;O
---
-