IGN: PlayStation All-Stars Sales "are Right on Target", Sony says

#121rumbalumbaPosted 11/27/2012 10:52:13 PM
sworder posted...
rumbalumba posted...
sworder posted...
rumbalumba posted...
1. still a flop. #38 in the UK charts is a flop, especially if it's day 1.

This is just a ridiculously stupid post.

It's PS All-Stars sales of ONE day vs the sales of games for one MONTH.

*facepalm*

Yeah facepalm lol because you just made the dumbest post in this topic.

That is a difficult feat. Congratulations!

That UK chart is a weekly chart which took in sales for the 3rd week of November (last week).

which meant, 37 games sold more in the UK than All-Stars did, during that week.

which brings me to my next point, even a game like Dishonored (released almost two months ago) outsold All-Stars last week in the UK. a game like Mario and Sonic Olympics which is a YEAR OLDER, outsold All-Stars. not only that, but that game was in #24, which is 14 places higher than All-Stars.

so who made the dumbest post now?
#122rumbalumbaPosted 11/27/2012 10:55:35 PM
bartz90 posted...
Why does everyone care about the UK charts?

It's a smaller market. Wait for the rest of Europe, America, Asia Pacific first.

Besides, everyone knows the UK is 360 country. ;O

huh. and the US isn't a 360 country? ROFL.

also, lol at Asia Pacific. this game would probably not even register in the radar there.
#123bartz90Posted 11/27/2012 10:59:13 PM
rumbalumba posted...
bartz90 posted...
Why does everyone care about the UK charts?

It's a smaller market. Wait for the rest of Europe, America, Asia Pacific first.

Besides, everyone knows the UK is 360 country. ;O

huh. and the US isn't a 360 country? ROFL.

also, lol at Asia Pacific. this game would probably not even register in the radar there.

Lol umm yeah it is.

*Tap my fist on your head* Earth to Rumba. Did I say it's not? It goes without saying.

For Asia Pacific I mainly meant just Japan, Australia though there is Korea, Singapore and other smaller markets obviously.
---
-
#124ylvisPosted 11/28/2012 12:51:12 AM
SavageTrooper:

"Why do you fail to understand that those charts (and the reason it is 38) were numbers of units sold in 1 day compared to the other games on that list that were released earlier in the week?"

First of at all, it's two days. Second of all, most of a game's sales comes within its first day of release (compared to the rest of the six days in a week). Lastly, most of the other games also came out Friday. I'm still confused as to why I'm even discussing this. We're talking about a high profile first party Sony title bombing in its launch week, a game I've been waiting for since its reveal, and you're happy with the fact that it debuted 38th!? Where's your expectations? And why even defend it? I want this game to sell and hopefully it will over time, but this is a horrible debut.
#125ylvisPosted 11/28/2012 12:54:19 AM
sworder posted...
rumbalumba posted...

Uhm, these are weekly sales, not monthly sales. The game had a really bad debut. Only delusional fanboys would think otherwise. I will just come back here next week when the game doesn't perform any better in the UK chart.
#126KillDozer123Posted 11/28/2012 1:43:06 AM
ylvis posted...
sworder posted...
rumbalumba posted...

Uhm, these are weekly sales, not monthly sales. The game had a really bad debut. Only delusional fanboys would think otherwise. I will just come back here next week when the game doesn't perform any better in the UK chart.

So, basically, anyone who uses common sense is a delusional fanboy?

Someone's delusional around here, THAT'S for sure.
---
They see me Kahn'in'! They Hatin'!
#127rumbalumbaPosted 11/28/2012 1:43:47 AM
ylvis posted...
sworder posted...
rumbalumba posted...

he won't reply because he just realized he made a fool of himself.
#128LuminescentRulePosted 11/28/2012 1:48:57 AM
ylvis posted...
sworder posted...
rumbalumba posted...

What common sense is he using?
---
150,000 first week worldwide
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/EmperorLawlight.png
#129ylvisPosted 11/28/2012 2:53:26 AM
KillDozer123 posted...
ylvis posted...
sworder posted...
rumbalumba posted...

Common sense? He was wrong on two accounts: 1) the game was out for two days, not one, during the tracking period. 2) UK charts are WEEKLY, not monthly sales.
#130sworderPosted 11/28/2012 8:09:47 AM
rumbalumba posted...
That UK chart is a weekly chart which took in sales for the 3rd week of November (last week).

which meant, 37 games sold more in the UK than All-Stars did, during that week.

which brings me to my next point, even a game like Dishonored (released almost two months ago) outsold All-Stars last week in the UK. a game like Mario and Sonic Olympics which is a YEAR OLDER, outsold All-Stars. not only that, but that game was in #24, which is 14 places higher than All-Stars.

so who made the dumbest post now?

Is it really weekly? Then I guess we both made dumb posts :D

Except mine can simply be blamed on misinformation (thinking it was monthly instead of weekly) than making an outrageous claim like it being a flop when the rest of the games in that list have 7 times as much time to sell.

No matter what way it is spinned, we both know it's a dumb comparison. Next week's chart will be MUCH more accurate, even if you and Lum are right and it does flop

I like bumping this topic