IGN: PlayStation All-Stars Sales "are Right on Target", Sony says

#131sworderPosted 11/28/2012 7:12:15 AM
Common sense? He was wrong on two accounts: 1) the game was out for two days, not one, during the tracking period. 2) UK charts are WEEKLY, not monthly sales.

According to IGN it was 1 day
#132LuminescentRulePosted 11/28/2012 7:20:35 AM
sworder posted...
Common sense? He was wrong on two accounts: 1) the game was out for two days, not one, during the tracking period. 2) UK charts are WEEKLY, not monthly sales.

IGN is wrong then.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#133rumbalumbaPosted 11/28/2012 7:20:38 AM
sworder posted...
rumbalumba posted...
That UK chart is a weekly chart which took in sales for the 3rd week of November (last week).

which meant, 37 games sold more in the UK than All-Stars did, during that week.

which brings me to my next point, even a game like Dishonored (released almost two months ago) outsold All-Stars last week in the UK. a game like Mario and Sonic Olympics which is a YEAR OLDER, outsold All-Stars. not only that, but that game was in #24, which is 14 places higher than All-Stars.

so who made the dumbest post now?

Is it really weekly? Then I guess we both made dumb posts :D

Except mine can simply be blamed on misinformation (thinking it was monthly instead of weekly) than making an outrageous claim like it being a flop when the rest of the games in that list have 7 times as much time to sell.

No matter what way it is spinned, we both know it's a dumb comparison. Next week's chart will be MUCH more accurate, even if you and Lum are right and it does flop

I like bumping this topic

lol how did i make a dumb post? you only did.

oh and did you also forget to look at the #2 slot, which was Hitman Absolution, a game that came out the same day as All-Stars, but is sitting next to CoD?

7 times as much time to sell? you're telling me a game like Mario Sonic in the Olympics, a 1-year-old game, would instantly sell better than a hot, newly-released game because it's got 5 more days on the week than All-Stars? someone pinch me right now. that is such a fail logic. then how come the games from 2, 3 years ago aren't in the charts? or games from last year, during the time Mario/Sonic Olympics came out? and how does that explain Hitman sitting at the top?

and i love how you quickly say you're misinformed all while you were openly insulting me for not knowing what the charts mean. ROFL. yeah, you just made the dumbest post ever. how about that?
#134sworderPosted 11/28/2012 7:37:29 AM
LuminescentRule posted...
sworder posted...

IGN is wrong then.

Do you have a source that says when they stop counting sales then? Excuse me for believing IGN over random internet people.

rumbalumba posted...

oh and did you also forget to look at the #2 slot, which was Hitman Absolution, a game that came out the same day as All-Stars, but is sitting next to CoD?

7 times as much time to sell? you're telling me a game like Mario Sonic in the Olympics, a 1-year-old game, would instantly sell better than a hot, newly-released game because it's got 5 more days on the week than All-Stars? someone pinch me right now. that is such a fail logic. then how come the games from 2, 3 years ago aren't in the charts? or games from last year, during the time Mario/Sonic Olympics came out? and how does that explain Hitman sitting at the top?

and i love how you quickly say you're misinformed all while you were openly insulting me for not knowing what the charts mean. ROFL. yeah, you just made the dumbest post ever. how about that?

Yeah, no. Hitman released on the 20th, All-Stars released on the 23rd. If Hitman released the same day as All-Stars, believe me it would not be sitting on #2.

The fact that Mario games still sell means nothing. Those games sell 5m units or so, last I checked. They are huge successes.

Your logic is stupid, period. It doesn't matter how misinformed I was or that my post was wrong. My point about you being wrong is still correct. The sales of 1 day vs the sales of 7 days is an extremely huge difference. It still made it to the chart and you don't even know the numbers or by how much the other games outsold it. Could be a huge difference, could be a really small one that just one additional day could have jumped All-Stars to the top 15.

No one knows. You're just guessing and pretending you're right.
#135deathpapayaPosted 11/28/2012 7:38:02 AM
http://www.lazygamer.net/general-news/sonys-happy-with-the-vitas-performance/

Hahaha.

ha...

:( man sony get yo game up.
---
XBL: Genophia PSN: Emophia/Kitikat Steam ID: Emophia
#136LuminescentRulePosted 11/28/2012 7:41:08 AM
sworder posted...
sworder posted...

IGN is wrong then.

Do you have a source that says when they stop counting sales then? Excuse me for believing IGN over random internet people.

rumbalumba posted...

Yeah, no. Hitman released on the 20th, All-Stars released on the 23rd. If Hitman released the same day as All-Stars, believe me it would not be sitting on #2.

The fact that Mario games still sell means nothing. Those games sell 5m units or so, last I checked. They are huge successes.

Your logic is stupid, period. It doesn't matter how misinformed I was or that my post was wrong. My point about you being wrong is still correct. The sales of 1 day vs the sales of 7 days is an extremely huge difference. It still made it to the chart and you don't even know the numbers or by how much the other games outsold it. Could be a huge difference, could be a really small one that just one additional day could have jumped All-Stars to the top 15.

No one knows. You're just guessing and pretending you're right.

Yeah - the original source of that chart. It says to the 24th of November.
---
#137blitz_0623Posted 11/28/2012 7:41:58 AM
rumbalumba posted...

Actually Hitman came out Nov 20 in EU, All-Stars came out Nov 23
#138sworderPosted 11/28/2012 7:47:10 AM

>_>

From the 23rd to the 24th.

24 hours. One day.
#139LuminescentRulePosted 11/28/2012 7:48:44 AM
sworder posted...

>_>

24 hours. One day.

48 hours. It's inclusive.
---
#140lightdragoon88Posted 11/28/2012 7:49:37 AM
blitz_0623 posted...
rumbalumba posted...

Actually Hitman came out Nov 20 in EU, All-Stars came out Nov 23

sworder posted...

>_>

24 hours. One day.

...hah.

Sorry rumbalumba, but I believe IGN and Sony over you.
---
LIFE IS A BEAUTY HOWL!