IGN: PlayStation All-Stars Sales "are Right on Target", Sony says

#141LuminescentRulePosted 11/28/2012 7:49:40 AM
blitz_0623 posted...
rumbalumba posted...
oh and did you also forget to look at the #2 slot, which was Hitman Absolution, a game that came out the same day as All-Stars, but is sitting next to CoD?

Actually Hitman came out Nov 20 in EU, All-Stars came out Nov 23

The Family Guy game came on the 23rd. Charted ahead of PSASBR. A game no one even knew existed.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#142sworderPosted 11/28/2012 7:51:10 AM
LuminescentRule posted...
sworder posted...
Yeah - the original source of that chart. It says to the 24th of November.

>_>

From the 23rd to the 24th.

24 hours. One day.

48 hours. It's inclusive.

What?

48 hours would have been 2 days, from the 23rd to the 25th.

It was one day.
#143LuminescentRulePosted 11/28/2012 7:52:05 AM
sworder posted...
sworder posted...

>_>

24 hours. One day.

What?

It was one day.

23rd to 25th is 3 days. I hope you're just acting stupid and are not being serious.
---
#144lightdragoon88Posted 11/28/2012 7:52:32 AM
sworder posted...
sworder posted...

>_>

24 hours. One day.

What?

It was one day.

And once again, it not counting the digital sales.
---
LIFE IS A BEAUTY HOWL!
#145sworderPosted 11/28/2012 7:55:19 AM
23rd to 25th is 3 days. I hope you're just acting stupid and are not being serious.

lol dude what are you even talking about

The game releases on the 23rd. You're acting like the 23rd is already 24 hours. No, you begin counting on that day. So from the moment it releases, you pass 24 hours and it's the 24th.

So it was one day. What is so complicated about this?
#146LuminescentRulePosted 11/28/2012 7:56:02 AM
lightdragoon88 posted...
sworder posted...
sworder posted...

>_>

24 hours. One day.

What?

It was one day.

And once again, it not counting the digital sales.

Digital sales are still only a fraction of what retail sales are. Just goes on to show how insignificant the internet gaming forums are in regards to the games-purchasing consumers at large.
---
#147NewMoonShadowPosted 11/28/2012 7:58:51 AM(edited)
sworder posted...
sworder posted...

>_>

24 hours. One day.

What?

It was one day.

It depends on how you count it, really. Whether the "to the 24th" means it stops at the beginning of the 24th or if it goes until the end of the 24th

For the record, Sworder, the language "23rd to the 24th" would typically mean the beginning of the first day to the end of the second day, which would mean 48 hours.

This is still a f***ing stupid argument though. You're seriously sitting here judging the game's success on two days of sales. Really guys. The game's entire future depends on these two days... and two days in one country, no less.

Just sit down, shut up, and wait for real sales numbers before you can decide how successful it was.

Sony seems satisfied with its current sales figures for now at least, so there's no argument to be made that the game did "poorly" unless you use your own made-up benchmarks for success.

Oh wait, I'm talking to LuminescentRule, who does nothing BUT make up his own benchmarks for success and then gloat when the game doesn't meet them.
#148LuminescentRulePosted 11/28/2012 7:58:16 AM
sworder posted...

lol dude what are you even talking about

The game releases on the 23rd. You're acting like the 23rd is already 24 hours. No, you begin counting on that day. So from the moment it releases, you pass 24 hours and it's the 24th.

So it was one day. What is so complicated about this?

Wow. That's how far you're willing to go to defend this floppage? When they say they counted sales on the 24th, do you think they meant on the 24th at 00:01? No, sales on the 24th means sales on the 24th.
---
#149LuminescentRulePosted 11/28/2012 7:59:59 AM
NewMoonShadow posted...
sworder posted...
sworder posted...

>_>

24 hours. One day.

What?

It was one day.

It depends on how you count it, really. Whether the "to the 24th" means it stops at the beginning of the 24th or if it goes until the end of the 24th

For the record, Sworder, the language "23rd to the 24th" would typically mean the beginning of the first day to the end of the second day, which would mean 48 hours.

This is still a f***ing stupid argument though. You're seriously sitting here judging the game's success on two days of sales. Really guys. The game's entire future depends on these two days... and two days in one country, no less.

Just sit down, shut up, and wait for real sales numbers before you can decide how successful it was.

Sony seems satisfied with its current sales figures for now at least, so there's no argument to be made that the game did "poorly" unless you use your own made-up benchmarks for success.

Oh wait, I'm talking to LuminescentRule, who does nothing BUT make up his own benchmarks for success.

The 2 days where the game's sales are the highest.
---
#150blitz_0623Posted 11/28/2012 8:00:00 AM
blitz_0623 posted...
rumbalumba posted...
oh and did you also forget to look at the #2 slot, which was Hitman Absolution, a game that came out the same day as All-Stars, but is sitting next to CoD?

Actually Hitman came out Nov 20 in EU, All-Stars came out Nov 23

The Family Guy game came on the 23rd. Charted ahead of PSASBR. A game no one even knew existed.

So? I wasn't pointing out All-Stars didn't flop or anything. I was just correcting rumba that All-Stars didn't come out the same day as Hitman. Why do you have to point this out?

Why are you so fixated in making a point that it flopped? Insecurity at its finest.