IGN: PlayStation All-Stars Sales "are Right on Target", Sony says

#21reptyle101Posted 11/27/2012 3:21:41 PM
It might be at the lower end but it's still in the top 40 (just out of the top 10 for PS3).
---
Chase the morning
Yield for nothing.
#22Ludacris01Posted 11/27/2012 3:25:14 PM
ylvis posted...
pixel378 posted...
Great news and also debunks the "38 on the top 40" trolls have been spewing. 38 is not bad if only 1 day of sales was counted releasing the 23rd and sales data for the week stopping on the 24th.

Sequel, DLC confirmed. lulz haters.

First of all, it's two days. Second of all, it got outsold by games that came out 6 months ago. It was outsold by Mario Kart 7 wihch came out 1 year ago. The game had a horrible debut. Deal with it. I'm having aa blast with the game, but the fact that it debuted 38th in the UK chart is huugely disappointing.

Hey guys it was out for TWO days, there's no excuse!!
---
"that ambipom is on crack" - Lemonz89
Official Spyro of the PAS:BR board. SPYRO THE DRAGON FOR SONY SMASH
#23RogueDarkPosted 11/27/2012 3:28:18 PM
Gamefaqs where UK sales suddenly become the most important thing to the rest if the world.
---
Dream team for USA Canada cup 2012 Justin Wong, Wolfkrone, Alex V, Mike Ross and PR Rog.
#24TRE Public AccountPosted 11/27/2012 3:33:08 PM(edited)
The comparison to Mario Kart 7 isn't really fair. Many Mario games just keep on selling long, long after they come out. A Mario Kart game's ability to sell over a year after release is way different than just about any other game. Mario Kart Wii sold really well for years didn't it?

RogueDark posted...
Gamefaqs where UK sales suddenly become the most important thing to the rest if the world.

I don't personally follow UK vs US sales comparisons but I've been told that they are pretty close in many cases. Exceptions include Football (handegg), Football (Soccer) and I think Sonic (does really well in UK).
---
SuperNiceDog was not so nice to my bracket.
Congrats to SuperNiceDog for winning the Rivalry Rumble Guru Contest!
#25ylvisPosted 11/27/2012 3:37:26 PM
Ludacris01 posted...
ylvis posted...
pixel378 posted...
Great news and also debunks the "38 on the top 40" trolls have been spewing. 38 is not bad if only 1 day of sales was counted releasing the 23rd and sales data for the week stopping on the 24th.

First of all, it's two days. Second of all, it got outsold by games that came out 6 months ago. It was outsold by Mario Kart 7 wihch came out 1 year ago. The game had a horrible debut. Deal with it. I'm having aa blast with the game, but the fact that it debuted 38th in the UK chart is huugely disappointing.

It debuted lower than a bunch of games that ultimatly ended up flopping. I really hope this game sells well over time, but right now this ranking is the only thing we got. I don't get why people are trying to defend the fact that it debuted 38th. That's horrible for a game that I'm right now enjoy the hell out of. And horrible for a first party Sony title.
#26DirtyToenailsPosted 11/27/2012 3:41:07 PM
So this game got 38th in one day of sales in UK? Sounds good to me.

Even if sales aren't quite up to par, this article is a good sign and it make me happy.

Trolls gonna hate so hard now.
#27Chzrm3Posted 11/27/2012 3:41:26 PM
pixel378 posted...

: DDDD YES!

Haters are always gonna hate, but it feels good knowing that Sony is happy with the way PSASBR is selling right now.

It makes sense - the game is just way, WAY too fun to possibly be a flop. It was never going to have the strongest sales out of the gate, but it's the kind of game that'll keep selling long after launch because positive feedback and word of mouth will spread.

As I said in another thread, a couple of my friends bought PS3's on black friday because they played this game with me and it was the tipping point that made them finally want one.

=) Feels good man!
---
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#28TRE Public AccountPosted 11/27/2012 3:42:53 PM
It's two days of sales and did worse than other games released on the same day. It was a very bad performance.
---
SuperNiceDog was not so nice to my bracket.
Congrats to SuperNiceDog for winning the Rivalry Rumble Guru Contest!
#29Cable_mvc2Posted 11/27/2012 3:44:05 PM
LOL Sony said the same thing about the Vita, as they LOWERED sales expectations.
#30SavageTrooperPosted 11/27/2012 3:44:42 PM
ylvis posted...
Ludacris01 posted...
ylvis posted...
pixel378 posted...

It debuted lower than a bunch of games that ultimatly ended up flopping. I really hope this game sells well over time, but right now this ranking is the only thing we got. I don't get why people are trying to defend the fact that it debuted 38th. That's horrible for a game that I'm right now enjoy the hell out of. And horrible for a first party Sony title.

Wait a minute, are you really going to compare the sales of a game that has only recorded about 24 hours worth of sales, to other games that have been released earlier that week? That does not make sense. Its like if COD released on Tuesday, and Borderlands released on Friday, and the sells chart went up on Saturday. Is it fair to compare the sells of COD to Borderlands? No of course not. Trolls are using that info to put the game down, even if they refuse to use their brain and think. People are dumb, what can you do?
---
PSN: SAVAGETROOPER