IGN: PlayStation All-Stars Sales "are Right on Target", Sony says

#31rumbalumbaPosted 11/27/2012 2:46:08 PM
pwahahahaha excuses. it's not like they're gonna talk bad about a newly-released product.
#32ylvisPosted 11/27/2012 2:50:41 PM
SavageTrooper posted...
ylvis posted...
Ludacris01 posted...
ylvis posted...
pixel378 posted...
Great news and also debunks the "38 on the top 40" trolls have been spewing. 38 is not bad if only 1 day of sales was counted releasing the 23rd and sales data for the week stopping on the 24th.

Sequel, DLC confirmed. lulz haters.

First of all, it's two days. Second of all, it got outsold by games that came out 6 months ago. It was outsold by Mario Kart 7 wihch came out 1 year ago. The game had a horrible debut. Deal with it. I'm having aa blast with the game, but the fact that it debuted 38th in the UK chart is huugely disappointing.

Hey guys it was out for TWO days, there's no excuse!!

It debuted lower than a bunch of games that ultimatly ended up flopping. I really hope this game sells well over time, but right now this ranking is the only thing we got. I don't get why people are trying to defend the fact that it debuted 38th. That's horrible for a game that I'm right now enjoy the hell out of. And horrible for a first party Sony title.

Wait a minute, are you really going to compare the sales of a game that has only recorded about 24 hours worth of sales, to other games that have been released earlier that week? That does not make sense. Its like if COD released on Tuesday, and Borderlands released on Friday, and the sells chart went up on Saturday. Is it fair to compare the sells of COD to Borderlands? No of course not. Trolls are using that info to put the game down, even if they refuse to use their brain and think. People are dumb, what can you do?

Uhm, games always, like 99 % of the time, comes out on Fridays in the UK. So yes, it is comparable. I'm still unsure as to why you guys are defending this. I really hope this game could've opened at least in the top 10. I'm having a blast with it and it's a different kind of fun compared to Smash Bros. I read over at Neogaf that 38th place means only selling between 2k-4k. That's really bad :(
#33Chzrm3Posted 11/27/2012 2:52:36 PM
The other thing to consider is that America is the true target for this game.

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/6962/super-smash-bros-brawl/

Look at those figures. America outsells the entirety of Europe, Japan and the rest of the world combined.

So we're talking about sales of about a day in the UK (which is just a small slice of Europe) and trying to say "oh noes the game has phailed!!!!" It's silly, guys.

The game will sell well in America, because America's the place that eats up these kind of games. We've always bought more copies of Smash than Japan, even with the original Smash 64.

So don't worry. PSASBR will sell just fine. =) Unless you're a hater, then you should be really worried. >: D
---
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#34CyborgTwentyPosted 11/27/2012 2:54:14 PM
ylvis posted...
means only selling between 2k-4k. That's really bad :(

i agree this game has 2k life time sales and it's over. not a single more copy will be sold.
#35rumbalumbaPosted 11/27/2012 2:55:29 PM
^i'm pretty sure besides football(soccer) and racing games, NA and UK charts have always been similar.
#36marceloxlrPosted 11/27/2012 2:56:09 PM
So, if the sales are "right on target", can we expect more DLC and support from superbot?

This is a good day.
---
"...Because inside people's memories, i can live forever."
-Axel
#37rumbalumbaPosted 11/27/2012 2:57:30 PM
marceloxlr posted...
So, if the sales are "right on target", can we expect more DLC and support from superbot?

This is a good day.

LOL @ believe Sony. they also said that with the Vita, and look where the Vita is now. it's being outsold by the 3DS in Japan, 42:1. ouch.
#38ylvisPosted 11/27/2012 2:59:46 PM
CyborgTwenty posted...
ylvis posted...

i agree this game has 2k life time sales and it's over. not a single more copy will be sold.

Did I say that? I'm just saying that the debut is horrible. Read my other posts.
#39rumbalumbaPosted 11/27/2012 3:00:08 PM
CyborgTwenty posted...
ylvis posted...

sales don't go up after the first week.
#40ChimcharwhoohooPosted 11/27/2012 3:00:37 PM
rumbalumba posted...
marceloxlr posted...

This is a good day.

LOL @ believe Sony. they also said that with the Vita, and look where the Vita is now. it's being outsold by the 3DS in Japan, 42:1. ouch.

Keep in mind, that japan =/= America. America is Sony's main audience.I think about 1.5 million vitas were sold in america so far,
---
PSN~ MilliardoPcraft
Raging Blast 2 Main Team: SSJTrunks(Sword), Cell Jr., Android #17, Meta-Cooler, Salza