IGN: PlayStation All-Stars Sales "are Right on Target", Sony says

#41danger_moosePosted 11/27/2012 4:02:15 PM
I'm from England and even I could tell you that our charts are worthless. If it's not Call of Battlefield: Modern Honour or something involving football then it will inevitably fair relatively poorly in physical copies - especially with the amount of marketing Blops2 is getting here.

Still, the statement in the article was very safe. Not really a great deal you can get out of it either way.
---
We're at an impasse here. Maybe we should compromise?
#42ylvisPosted 11/27/2012 4:02:51 PM
Chimcharwhoohoo posted...
rumbalumba posted...
marceloxlr posted...
So, if the sales are "right on target", can we expect more DLC and support from superbot?

This is a good day.

LOL @ believe Sony. they also said that with the Vita, and look where the Vita is now. it's being outsold by the 3DS in Japan, 42:1. ouch.

Keep in mind, that japan =/= America. America is Sony's main audience.I think about 1.5 million vitas were sold in america so far,

I think? Source please.
#43CyborgTwentyPosted 11/27/2012 4:03:27 PM
rumbalumba posted...
CyborgTwenty posted...
ylvis posted...
means only selling between 2k-4k. That's really bad :(

i agree this game has 2k life time sales and it's over. not a single more copy will be sold.

sales don't go up after the first week.

ok that means it will be around 3000 copies lifetime sales right?
#44rumbalumbaPosted 11/27/2012 4:05:30 PM
CyborgTwenty posted...
rumbalumba posted...
CyborgTwenty posted...
ylvis posted...

i agree this game has 2k life time sales and it's over. not a single more copy will be sold.

it means if you sold 4k during your first week, it's not going to be 100k the second week, and 400k the third week.

and if you're saying it will steadily sell 4k week after week for months and months, then you're just dreaming.
#45ylvisPosted 11/27/2012 4:05:52 PM
CyborgTwenty posted...
rumbalumba posted...
CyborgTwenty posted...
ylvis posted...

Who has said anything about lifetime sales? Right now the only thing we know is that the game debuted horrible with a 38th place ranking in the UK chart, which means 2k-4k copies sold in its debut.
#46AndKevinBaconPosted 11/27/2012 4:06:17 PM
ylvis posted...
Chimcharwhoohoo posted...
rumbalumba posted...
marceloxlr posted...
So, if the sales are "right on target", can we expect more DLC and support from superbot?

This is a good day.

LOL @ believe Sony. they also said that with the Vita, and look where the Vita is now. it's being outsold by the 3DS in Japan, 42:1. ouch.

Keep in mind, that japan =/= America. America is Sony's main audience.I think about 1.5 million vitas were sold in america so far,

I think? Source please.

Maybe he meant 1.5 Vitas. That would make more sense.
#47AerodarPosted 11/27/2012 4:07:22 PM
ylvis posted...
CyborgTwenty posted...
rumbalumba posted...
CyborgTwenty posted...
ylvis posted...

Who has said anything about lifetime sales? Right now the only thing we know is that the game debuted horrible with a 38th place ranking in the UK chart, which means 2k-4k copies sold in its debut.

Which means you still don't know the sales but that is only an assumption. Ratings do not confirm anything that specific.
---
"It is what it is."
#48CyborgTwentyPosted 11/27/2012 4:07:51 PM
rumbalumba posted...
CyborgTwenty posted...
rumbalumba posted...
CyborgTwenty posted...
ylvis posted...

it means if you sold 4k during your first week, it's not going to be 100k the second week, and 400k the third week.

and if you're saying it will steadily sell 4k week after week for months and months, then you're just dreaming.

and you are dreaming if you really think 2k sales is the pinnacle and the agme will only have like 3k or 4k life time sales. even the worst of the worst games of all time on ps3 and 360 sell more then that.
#49rumbalumbaPosted 11/27/2012 4:09:02 PM
danger_moose posted...
I'm from England and even I could tell you that our charts are worthless. If it's not Call of Battlefield: Modern Honour or something involving football then it will inevitably fair relatively poorly in physical copies - especially with the amount of marketing Blops2 is getting here.

Still, the statement in the article was very safe. Not really a great deal you can get out of it either way.

false. Gran Turismo 5 sold 400k+ copies EVERYDAY for 13 days straight. it also doubled the PS3 hardware sales for a week. GT5 became the best-selling PS3 exclusive in the whole of Europe in 2010, despite launching in November. remember, God Of War 3 came out March of 2010, and GT5 still outsold it by the end of the year.
#50AerodarPosted 11/27/2012 4:09:49 PM
Why don't you people stop assuming anything and just wait for the November numbers, good god....
---
"It is what it is."