IGN: PlayStation All-Stars Sales "are Right on Target", Sony says

#51ChimcharwhoohooPosted 11/27/2012 4:10:02 PM
ylvis posted...
Chimcharwhoohoo posted...
rumbalumba posted...
marceloxlr posted...
So, if the sales are "right on target", can we expect more DLC and support from superbot?

This is a good day.

LOL @ believe Sony. they also said that with the Vita, and look where the Vita is now. it's being outsold by the 3DS in Japan, 42:1. ouch.

Keep in mind, that japan =/= America. America is Sony's main audience.I think about 1.5 million vitas were sold in america so far,

I think? Source please.

Upon doing research. When the Vita was released in Japan it sold 14k copies.
When released in the US. sales upped to 1.2 million. This was in March of 2012.
Its now nearing December, and the total sales are now 2.2 million as of August (the latest sales data I could find).
Do the math. Since America is Sony's main area, its very realistic to say that 1.5 million of the 2.2 million were sold in America.
---
PSN~ MilliardoPcraft
Raging Blast 2 Main Team: SSJTrunks(Sword), Cell Jr., Android #17, Meta-Cooler, Salza
#52rumbalumbaPosted 11/27/2012 4:11:19 PM
CyborgTwenty posted...

and you are dreaming if you really think 2k sales is the pinnacle and the agme will only have like 3k or 4k life time sales. even the worst of the worst games of all time on ps3 and 360 sell more then that.

i never said the sales were 2k-4k. it was yivis. i just said sales don't go up after the first week. and just to clarify, that statement meant it's not gonna sell (in its consecutive weeks) more than it did in its first week
#53christiankid7Posted 11/27/2012 4:12:09 PM
Theres also the possibility that since the Christmas season is approaching sales could pick up then,

I think Sony is sincere when they say that they expected low sales. Consider this-

-Its a controversial game. No other console manufacturer has ever entered into Nintendo's territory with a game like theirs. People hate it for being a 'Smash Bros Ripoff'. People hate it because its not enough of a Smash Brothers Ripoff.

-Its a fighter. Fighters are pretty Niche titles (or they were) They don't sell that well compared to FPS games or Sports Games. (At least I think, I haven't checked sales for fighters in a while)

-Its the first week. Sony did not market this game as much as they could. Sales could pick up by word of mouth, which LITERALLY is the only way this game will sell.

there are other points (unappealing box art (to some people), 'Evil Cole is a clone', 'Y Is Big Daddy n dis gaem? BIOSHOCK is Microsoft!', Lack of Crash,Spyro,Cloud,Snake, etc. Some people STILL don't know Sony doesn't own Crash and Spyro anymore. When they see this game they would think that Crash and Spyro would be in. It turns people away. No it is NOT Superbots fault,It is NOT Sony's fault. But people don't care at all.,The roster is also 'unappealing' (basically my above statement)

Sony probably expects weak sales
---
The Official ANTI-VENOM of the UMVC3 boards
The official Sir Daniel Fortesque of the PSASBR boards
#54ChimcharwhoohooPosted 11/27/2012 4:12:39 PM
rumbalumba posted...
CyborgTwenty posted...

and you are dreaming if you really think 2k sales is the pinnacle and the agme will only have like 3k or 4k life time sales. even the worst of the worst games of all time on ps3 and 360 sell more then that.

i never said the sales were 2k-4k. it was yivis. i just said sales don't go up after the first week. and just to clarify, that statement meant it's not gonna sell (in its consecutive weeks) more than it did in its first week

It might, given Holiday specials. Also keep in mind, this is only retail sales. Digital sales could easily make it go up much much higher.
---
PSN~ MilliardoPcraft
Raging Blast 2 Main Team: SSJTrunks(Sword), Cell Jr., Android #17, Meta-Cooler, Salza
#55ylvisPosted 11/27/2012 4:16:44 PM
ylvis posted...
rumbalumba posted...
marceloxlr posted...
So, if the sales are "right on target", can we expect more DLC and support from superbot?

This is a good day.

LOL @ believe Sony. they also said that with the Vita, and look where the Vita is now. it's being outsold by the 3DS in Japan, 42:1. ouch.

Keep in mind, that japan =/= America. America is Sony's main audience.I think about 1.5 million vitas were sold in america so far,

I think? Source please.

Upon doing research. When the Vita was released in Japan it sold 14k copies.
When released in the US. sales upped to 1.2 million. This was in March of 2012.
Its now nearing December, and the total sales are now 2.2 million as of August (the latest sales data I could find).
Do the math. Since America is Sony's main area, its very realistic to say that 1.5 million of the 2.2 million were sold in America.

I didn't say it was wrong, just wanted a source :). Oh and the Vita sold over 300k in its debut week.
#56rumbalumbaPosted 11/27/2012 4:16:45 PM
rumbalumba posted...
CyborgTwenty posted...

It might, given Holiday specials. Also keep in mind, this is only retail sales. Digital sales could easily make it go up much much higher.

even if digital sales are becoming popular, doesn't mean it's a game-changer. also, the other games are also available digitally. you can purchase Black Ops and Hitman through Steam. so most likely, even if All-Stars got a boost in sales digitally, those other games also did.
#57StaticnovaPosted 11/27/2012 4:18:05 PM
rumbalumba posted...
danger_moose posted...
I'm from England and even I could tell you that our charts are worthless. If it's not Call of Battlefield: Modern Honour or something involving football then it will inevitably fair relatively poorly in physical copies - especially with the amount of marketing Blops2 is getting here.

Still, the statement in the article was very safe. Not really a great deal you can get out of it either way.

false. Gran Turismo 5 sold 400k+ copies EVERYDAY for 13 days straight. it also doubled the PS3 hardware sales for a week. GT5 became the best-selling PS3 exclusive in the whole of Europe in 2010, despite launching in November. remember, God Of War 3 came out March of 2010, and GT5 still outsold it by the end of the year.

Is this the sale data for GT in the UK? Because big racing games are in the same category as CoD and Fifa here in the UK.

As a UK citizen, I can also vouch for our game charts being worthless.
---
Awaiting: Bioshock: Infinite, The Last of Us, GoW:A, Amnesia: AMFP, Watch Dogs, NS: UNS 3
Playing: Playstation All-Stars
#58rumbalumbaPosted 11/27/2012 4:18:15 PM
christiankid7 posted...
Theres also the possibility that since the Christmas season is approaching sales could pick up then,

I think Sony is sincere when they say that they expected low sales. Consider this-

-Its a controversial game. No other console manufacturer has ever entered into Nintendo's territory with a game like theirs. People hate it for being a 'Smash Bros Ripoff'. People hate it because its not enough of a Smash Brothers Ripoff.

-Its a fighter. Fighters are pretty Niche titles (or they were) They don't sell that well compared to FPS games or Sports Games. (At least I think, I haven't checked sales for fighters in a while)

-Its the first week. Sony did not market this game as much as they could. Sales could pick up by word of mouth, which LITERALLY is the only way this game will sell.

there are other points (unappealing box art (to some people), 'Evil Cole is a clone', 'Y Is Big Daddy n dis gaem? BIOSHOCK is Microsoft!', Lack of Crash,Spyro,Cloud,Snake, etc. Some people STILL don't know Sony doesn't own Crash and Spyro anymore. When they see this game they would think that Crash and Spyro would be in. It turns people away. No it is NOT Superbots fault,It is NOT Sony's fault. But people don't care at all.,The roster is also 'unappealing' (basically my above statement)

Persona 4 Arena was a hit, as was Blazblue. these are even more niche titles than All-Stars.
#59ChimcharwhoohooPosted 11/27/2012 4:18:21 PM
rumbalumba posted...
rumbalumba posted...
CyborgTwenty posted...

even if digital sales are becoming popular, doesn't mean it's a game-changer. also, the other games are also available digitally. you can purchase Black Ops and Hitman through Steam. so most likely, even if All-Stars got a boost in sales digitally, those other games also did.

All Stars was mostly promoted for digital sales. But you are right, other games might have a boost too. So we'll just have to wait and see.
---
PSN~ MilliardoPcraft
#60AerodarPosted 11/27/2012 4:19:17 PM
christiankid7 posted...

Cloud and all FF = Dissidia sorry to burst your bubble. This is also not your typical fighter game that involves at least 4 people unless you can name me another and not say smash bros.

BTW Bioshock is owned by 2K Marin, that is NOT Microsoft.
---
"It is what it is."