nay sayers are butt hurt now
---
PSN: I_HATE_EVERYONE1
http://youtu.be/tNW3ItQOd7c <--- haha
#62rumbalumbaPosted 11/27/2012 3:25:57 PM
Staticnova posted...
rumbalumba posted...
danger_moose posted...
I'm from England and even I could tell you that our charts are worthless. If it's not Call of Battlefield: Modern Honour or something involving football then it will inevitably fair relatively poorly in physical copies - especially with the amount of marketing Blops2 is getting here.

Still, the statement in the article was very safe. Not really a great deal you can get out of it either way.

false. Gran Turismo 5 sold 400k+ copies EVERYDAY for 13 days straight. it also doubled the PS3 hardware sales for a week. GT5 became the best-selling PS3 exclusive in the whole of Europe in 2010, despite launching in November. remember, God Of War 3 came out March of 2010, and GT5 still outsold it by the end of the year.

Is this the sale data for GT in the UK? Because big racing games are in the same category as CoD and Fifa here in the UK.

As a UK citizen, I can also vouch for our game charts being worthless.

wrong. as i've said, save for football and racing games, UK and NA charts have always been similar.

you'll never see a game debut at #38 in the UK get to the top 5 in NA. even if it jumped from #38 in the UK to #20 in NA (which is 18 places higher), that's still a flop. so no, UK charts are not worthless. that's just your sorry excuse for trying to defend this game.
#63JerichoDarkstarPosted 11/27/2012 3:27:52 PM
When I read that Sony was happy with the sales, that told me we will most likely get DLC and/ or a sequel. That's all I care about. So, I'm happy too :)
---
I'll make a big enough ruckus for everyone.
PSN: DarkSilverCloud
#64ericbogardPosted 11/27/2012 3:27:57 PM
Game flopped but message board has been number 1 for a week now.

Yeah sure.

Unless all people posting here ARE trolls.

Hmmm then again, that could be Lumi using 500 accounts ...
---
Nothing !
#65iLovebabesPosted 11/27/2012 3:29:03 PM
First, of course they are going to say this. I dont trust sony at just there word anymore. You would have to be stupid to do that. I want numbers sony no PR spin.
---
Smash bros = party fighter---
Sony Smash = marketing fighter---360-PS3-Wii-3DS
#66rumbalumbaPosted 11/27/2012 3:30:31 PM
ericbogard posted...
Game flopped but message board has been number 1 for a week now.

all for the wrong reasons.
#67BigKahn6Posted 11/27/2012 3:31:56 PM
They had low expectations from the start. Very low expectations.

I guess whatever makes them happy is fine by them even though they're losing their hard earned reputation with this games existence by the average consumer.

But really now. If a game doesn't have COD-esque sales then it's low quality and a flop.
#68danger_moosePosted 11/27/2012 3:32:03 PM
rumbalumba posted...
false. Gran Turismo 5 sold 400k+ copies EVERYDAY for 13 days straight. it also doubled the PS3 hardware sales for a week. GT5 became the best-selling PS3 exclusive in the whole of Europe in 2010, despite launching in November. remember, God Of War 3 came out March of 2010, and GT5 still outsold it by the end of the year.

I actually considered mentioning that, but couldn't be bothered to look up the details. Regardless, I didn't know it did quite that well. I'd thank you for educating me on it if it wasn't quite so horribly depressing that I have to add another series to my list of garbage that sells really well here.
---
We're at an impasse here. Maybe we should compromise?
#69FurryyifferPosted 11/27/2012 3:32:12 PM
Aerodar posted...
christiankid7 posted...
Theres also the possibility that since the Christmas season is approaching sales could pick up then,

I think Sony is sincere when they say that they expected low sales. Consider this-

-Its a controversial game. No other console manufacturer has ever entered into Nintendo's territory with a game like theirs. People hate it for being a 'Smash Bros Ripoff'. People hate it because its not enough of a Smash Brothers Ripoff.

-Its a fighter. Fighters are pretty Niche titles (or they were) They don't sell that well compared to FPS games or Sports Games. (At least I think, I haven't checked sales for fighters in a while)

-Its the first week. Sony did not market this game as much as they could. Sales could pick up by word of mouth, which LITERALLY is the only way this game will sell.

there are other points (unappealing box art (to some people), 'Evil Cole is a clone', 'Y Is Big Daddy n dis gaem? BIOSHOCK is Microsoft!', Lack of Crash,Spyro,Cloud,Snake, etc. Some people STILL don't know Sony doesn't own Crash and Spyro anymore. When they see this game they would think that Crash and Spyro would be in. It turns people away. No it is NOT Superbots fault,It is NOT Sony's fault. But people don't care at all.,The roster is also 'unappealing' (basically my above statement)

Sony probably expects weak sales

Cloud and all FF = Dissidia sorry to burst your bubble. This is also not your typical fighter game that involves at least 4 people unless you can name me another and not say smash bros.

BTW Bioshock is owned by 2K Marin, that is NOT Microsoft.

Jump Ultimate Stars, Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion, TMNT Smash Up, Battle Stadium DON, TV World Fighters.
I dont really see why FF being in another game would prevent them from being in others as well, zam.

And Im pretty sure he knows that and was just stating one of the ignorant opinions commonly heard :/
---
Ryuho, mate to Mizuki ^-^
Forever in my heart.
#70christiankid7Posted 11/27/2012 3:33:49 PM
Aerodar posted...
christiankid7 posted...
Theres also the possibility that since the Christmas season is approaching sales could pick up then,

I think Sony is sincere when they say that they expected low sales. Consider this-

-Its a controversial game. No other console manufacturer has ever entered into Nintendo's territory with a game like theirs. People hate it for being a 'Smash Bros Ripoff'. People hate it because its not enough of a Smash Brothers Ripoff.

-Its a fighter. Fighters are pretty Niche titles (or they were) They don't sell that well compared to FPS games or Sports Games. (At least I think, I haven't checked sales for fighters in a while)

-Its the first week. Sony did not market this game as much as they could. Sales could pick up by word of mouth, which LITERALLY is the only way this game will sell.

there are other points (unappealing box art (to some people), 'Evil Cole is a clone', 'Y Is Big Daddy n dis gaem? BIOSHOCK is Microsoft!', Lack of Crash,Spyro,Cloud,Snake, etc. Some people STILL don't know Sony doesn't own Crash and Spyro anymore. When they see this game they would think that Crash and Spyro would be in. It turns people away. No it is NOT Superbots fault,It is NOT Sony's fault. But people don't care at all.,The roster is also 'unappealing' (basically my above statement)

Sony probably expects weak sales

Cloud and all FF = Dissidia sorry to burst your bubble. This is also not your typical fighter game that involves at least 4 people unless you can name me another and not say smash bros.

BTW Bioshock is owned by 2K Marin, that is NOT Microsoft.

I don't understand why you are bringing up Dissidia. All I meant was that Cloud was a big part of Sony History with the PS1 and is considered an Icon of that era. Square Enix refused to put a FF character in this game because they want to see if it will be good enough for a sequel. I think thats a dumb reason but thats just me.

The Fact that this isn't a typical fighter is even worse. This genre is dominated by Smash. Anyone that tries to enter (ESPECIALLY guys like Sony) will have a lot of trouble getting into it without being labeled as Ripoff artists.

Yeah there are a couple of them (CNPTE,Viewtiful Joe Red Hot Rumble,Battle Arena D.O.N.,The outfoxies,DreamMix TV:World Fighters,PowerStone,TMNT Smash Up, etc.)

And yeah, of course I know that. Bioshock is 2K. I'm saying that casuals will remember Bioshock as a Microsoft Exclusive and whine about how Crash isn't in, but BD is.
---
The Official ANTI-VENOM of the UMVC3 boards
The official Sir Daniel Fortesque of the PSASBR boards