IGN: PlayStation All-Stars Sales "are Right on Target", Sony says

#71AalviPosted 11/27/2012 3:34:06 PM
If sales were bad, why would they admit it, that would only taint peoples view of the game.

This doesn't mean anything and could simply be a cover or damage control.
---
Check out my backlog: http://backloggery.com/aalvi
PSN ID: Aalvi-S|http://psnprofiles.com/Aalvi-S|3DS FC in Profile
#72rumbalumbaPosted 11/27/2012 3:34:31 PM
danger_moose posted...
rumbalumba posted...
false. Gran Turismo 5 sold 400k+ copies EVERYDAY for 13 days straight. it also doubled the PS3 hardware sales for a week. GT5 became the best-selling PS3 exclusive in the whole of Europe in 2010, despite launching in November. remember, God Of War 3 came out March of 2010, and GT5 still outsold it by the end of the year.

I actually considered mentioning that, but couldn't be bothered to look up the details. Regardless, I didn't know it did quite that well. I'd thank you for educating me on it if it wasn't quite so horribly depressing that I have to add another series to my list of garbage that sells really well here.

that list of garbage sells well almost everywhere. so really, UK charts are pretty indicative of other charts, save for Japan.
#73AalviPosted 11/27/2012 3:40:56 PM
Also people really fixate on the sales of the game

I personally don't have that high an opinion of the game(for very valid reasons). But you guys seem all happy about it, why let this bother you?

It doesn't help your stance if you are constantly trying to prove it didn't flop and comes off as reassurance and justification that your money was well spent on a "good" game.

My stance on the game is that isn't so horridly bad and it isn't so amazingly good as people on these boards make it out to be(for both ways). But honestly, don't worry about sales if you truly and sincerely like and enjoy the game, cause I'm starting to get the idea that many of you don't and are just "dealing with what you bought", the constant defense of the game seems to show people are aware of whatever flaws are in that are affecting sales and are just afraid to realize and admit it(followed by coping with it).
---
#74FurryyifferPosted 11/27/2012 3:42:28 PM
Aalvi posted...
If sales were bad, why would they admit it, that would only taint peoples view of the game.

Iirc companies cant lie about these kind of things as they would get in legal trouble for lying to their stockholders, zam.
---
Ryuho, mate to Mizuki ^-^
Forever in my heart.
#75JerichoDarkstarPosted 11/27/2012 3:42:48 PM
Like I said, I don't care about sales. I don't care about it "flopping/ not flopping." I like the game, and I stopped reading at Sony being happy. If they are truly happy, we'll get more content for the current game and hopefully a sequel.

Thought I'd say it again for emphasis.
---
I'll make a big enough ruckus for everyone.
PSN: DarkSilverCloud
#76MightymegaPosted 11/27/2012 3:58:57 PM
rumbalumba posted...
Staticnova posted...
rumbalumba posted...
danger_moose posted...
I'm from England and even I could tell you that our charts are worthless. If it's not Call of Battlefield: Modern Honour or something involving football then it will inevitably fair relatively poorly in physical copies - especially with the amount of marketing Blops2 is getting here.

Still, the statement in the article was very safe. Not really a great deal you can get out of it either way.

false. Gran Turismo 5 sold 400k+ copies EVERYDAY for 13 days straight. it also doubled the PS3 hardware sales for a week. GT5 became the best-selling PS3 exclusive in the whole of Europe in 2010, despite launching in November. remember, God Of War 3 came out March of 2010, and GT5 still outsold it by the end of the year.

Is this the sale data for GT in the UK? Because big racing games are in the same category as CoD and Fifa here in the UK.

As a UK citizen, I can also vouch for our game charts being worthless.

wrong. as i've said, save for football and racing games, UK and NA charts have always been similar.

you'll never see a game debut at #38 in the UK get to the top 5 in NA. even if it jumped from #38 in the UK to #20 in NA (which is 18 places higher), that's still a flop. so no, UK charts are not worthless. that's just your sorry excuse for trying to defend this game.

U.k chartings are worthless for nintendo games mostly.
---
true megaman fan and CFE Ingrid fan
#77KillDozer123Posted 11/27/2012 4:01:42 PM
rumbalumba posted...
Staticnova posted...
rumbalumba posted...
danger_moose posted...
I'm from England and even I could tell you that our charts are worthless. If it's not Call of Battlefield: Modern Honour or something involving football then it will inevitably fair relatively poorly in physical copies - especially with the amount of marketing Blops2 is getting here.

Still, the statement in the article was very safe. Not really a great deal you can get out of it either way.

Is this the sale data for GT in the UK? Because big racing games are in the same category as CoD and Fifa here in the UK.

As a UK citizen, I can also vouch for our game charts being worthless.

wrong. as i've said, save for football and racing games, UK and NA charts have always been similar.

you'll never see a game debut at #38 in the UK get to the top 5 in NA. even if it jumped from #38 in the UK to #20 in NA (which is 18 places higher), that's still a flop. so no, UK charts are not worthless. that's just your sorry excuse for trying to defend this game.

That's just your sorry excuse for trying to force people to hate this game. XD

You've said the same line over and over again, get some new material, BigKahn.....I mean RumbaLumba....oh, forget it, we know you're really just the same person. XD
---
They see me Kahn'in'! They Hatin'!
#78Chzrm3Posted 11/27/2012 4:02:49 PM
Aalvi posted...
Also people really fixate on the sales of the game

I personally don't have that high an opinion of the game(for very valid reasons). But you guys seem all happy about it, why let this bother you?

It doesn't help your stance if you are constantly trying to prove it didn't flop and comes off as reassurance and justification that your money was well spent on a "good" game.

My stance on the game is that isn't so horridly bad and it isn't so amazingly good as people on these boards make it out to be(for both ways). But honestly, don't worry about sales if you truly and sincerely like and enjoy the game, cause I'm starting to get the idea that many of you don't and are just "dealing with what you bought", the constant defense of the game seems to show people are aware of whatever flaws are in that are affecting sales and are just afraid to realize and admit it(followed by coping with it).

We want the game to sell well because we want more DLC and for this to become a long-time franchise, the same as Smash.
---
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#79AalviPosted 11/27/2012 4:02:52 PM
Furryyiffer posted...
Aalvi posted...

Iirc companies cant lie about these kind of things as they would get in legal trouble for lying to their stockholders, zam.

Are you sure? I'm not myself but I think they could make vague statements like "right on target" to cover up that sales isn't exceeding expections.

I can see how lying about sales data is bad though...
---
#80MightymegaPosted 11/27/2012 4:05:21 PM
To be honest as long as they think its good I don't care. If its fine by them that means I can get a sequel and more dlc so regardless of what we think it only really matters what they think.
---
true megaman fan and CFE Ingrid fan