Dantes Kara cancel

#11kratosandzelosPosted 11/27/2012 6:12:33 PM
*sigh*...ok, Ill just make it easy. Your combo works the exact same way if after the third square crumple, you use up triangle and then air parry. When you land on the ground it allows you to hit squares again, basically making an easy loop. The Empty Cancel specifically let's you connect Forward Square which you couldn't before, as well as land the super, which doing the pary cancel loop does not.
---
http://allstararena.com
Competitve Hub for Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
#12xxterradarkxxxPosted 11/27/2012 6:16:04 PM
kratosandzelos posted...
*sigh*...ok, Ill just make it easy. Your combo works the exact same way if after the third square crumple, you use up triangle and then air parry. When you land on the ground it allows you to hit squares again, basically making an easy loop. The Empty Cancel specifically let's you connect Forward Square which you couldn't before, as well as land the super, which doing the pary cancel loop does not.

sorry. That makes sense now.
---
Psn: zslayer89
#13GuiltyChippXPosted 11/27/2012 6:24:55 PM
Neutral Circle is the Parry, is that what we push after the Up Triangle? Videos Ive seen make it look like it has to do with the Dash(Side Circle)
---
DREAMCAST FOREVER SEGA FOR ETERNITY
#14kratosandzelosPosted 11/27/2012 6:27:38 PM
No, the easy variation I said (which I called the Parry Cancel) is basically just doing a normal cancel up with Up Triangle, then using Parry to drop you back to the ground. The Empty Cancel does indeed require Side Circle to do
---
#15MJordan95Posted 11/27/2012 6:32:43 PM
So does Kara cancel allow for an infinite to occur where we can continue this straight?
---
First i'll cross ya then shoot it in ya face
#16GuiltyChippXPosted 11/27/2012 6:33:35 PM
I see the parry one, I can do an infinite(until an AP Burst), of Square, Square, Square, Up Triangle, Neutral Circle. repeat

I.ts that Side Circle Im having a difficult time seeing. I dont get how Dante drops to the ground without the entire Dash going off.
---
#17xxterradarkxxxPosted 11/27/2012 6:36:11 PM
kratosandzelos posted...
No, the easy variation I said (which I called the Parry Cancel) is basically just doing a normal cancel up with Up Triangle, then using Parry to drop you back to the ground. The Empty Cancel does indeed require Side Circle to do

basically parry canceling is up triangle circle asap, right?
---
Psn: zslayer89
#18GuiltyChippXPosted 11/27/2012 6:37:37 PM
Yeah, Up Triangle, Neutral Circle immediately.
---
#19kratosandzelosPosted 11/27/2012 6:45:16 PM
This is much harder to explain, but Ill try. The thing about the Empty Cancel is partly due to an....odd bug or something, where off Up Triangle, you can instantly Angel Boost ONLY if you input the dash the opposite direction you're facing. I've never been able to get it to work. By inputting it the same direction as you're facing. Anyway, you're in the air doing an air dash, but you're basically ground level, however, any attack you input will be a jumping attack. I haven't tested every move, but moves like Neutral Square, Forward Square and Down Circle will cause Dante to touch the ground, cancelling out the move.

To illustrate its in the air, try using helmbreaker off this, you'll get an instant helmbreaker without any startup, and it works because that move lifts you up as you do it, so the lift up cancels the grounding from doing a move that low, if that makes sense. Anyway, the easiest Empty Cancel to do for the sake of comboing is Forward Square. Normally when you Empty Cancel, you'll move an inch back and be facing the way you inputted the dash, which you then would have to turn around yourself to hit a super/combo. Using forward Square however moves you forward and keeps you facing the way you started, making things much easier.

Input wise, its like this

(Facing Right)
Up Triangle
Back Circle
Forward Square (technically back as you're now facing left when you dash)

You basically have to input it instantly from each other, but its easy with practice. The other move Id recommend using to do it is Down Circle, as if you screw up, you have an option select that allows you to continue comboing. However, the input is much harder, and requires you to turn around yourself once you land on the ground.

Know this is a lot to digest, but hope it helps.
---
#20GuiltyChippXPosted 11/27/2012 7:04:22 PM
OK, thanks for the input. Im slowly piecing it together lol.
---