Ask yourself the following question. Do what others think hinder your enjoyment?

#1Pie_FOREVERPosted 11/27/2012 7:04:50 PM(edited)
It is the age old case of the internet, or opinions, really, since the dawn of time. The vocal minority always beat the drum of despair, in the attempt to appear to be the majority, all while raining on other people's parades, hoping to outwardly influence the general consensus on the property they make their target.

So ask your the following question. Do the handful of people on this board that spend seemingly every waking moment of their life trying to drag down the impact an inanimate property has on it's followers really worth getting upset over? Are the handful of people that do nothing but endlessly troll a video game make the game less fun?

Better yet, why do you keep paying any attention to them? Last I checked, this game was very well received by the majority of critics and players alike. Isn't that enough? You can't please everyone, the point is forget about the few that don't like it. Let them find something else to do with their time. Prove to the world you're having too much fun with the game to care enough by ignoring them. It's really that simple.

Because there's nothing wrong with this game in principle. It accomplishes exactly what it sets out to do and be, which is "fun". What more could you want? :D
#2IcyFlamez96Posted 11/27/2012 7:06:02 PM
Most of them are obvious trolls rather than regular people with opinions anyway.
---
[Not changing sig until a new Ratchet and Clank game that I can be hyped for is announced.]
PSASBR Main: Ratchet, PSN: xQziCyFlaMeZxQz, msg to _krat0s_: K
#3judgementaeonPosted 11/27/2012 7:08:25 PM
IcyFlamez96 posted...
Most of them are obvious trolls rather than regular people with opinions anyway.

---
This sig will stay until I get/don't get this game for Christmas!!! :D
#4Nik_NackPosted 11/27/2012 7:09:15 PM
I honestly just think its sad that they do that. I mean really, what sick, dumbarse of a person gets enjoyment trying to derail a persons optimistic view of a game. It's mind boggling, and so I don't get upset over their trollish ways, I try to understand them. What makes them tick ya know?
---
Sent from my iPod touch via PowerFAQs 1.10
#5Pink_a_DinkPosted 11/27/2012 7:10:15 PM
I just think its sad honestly that some people would sit there for who knows how long and cause fights in a video game board. I mean if you don't like the game that's fine, why not just leave and let the people who actually do enjoy the game enjoy the board as well?
#6IcyFlamez96Posted 11/27/2012 7:10:35 PM
Nik_Nack posted...
I honestly just think its sad that they do that. I mean really, what sick, dumbarse of a person gets enjoyment trying to derail a persons optimistic view of a game. It's mind boggling, and so I don't get upset over their trollish ways, I try to understand them. What makes them tick ya know?

I find it more sad that there are always the same people who let the obvious troll threads get to 100+ posts.
---
[Not changing sig until a new Ratchet and Clank game that I can be hyped for is announced.]
PSASBR Main: Ratchet, PSN: xQziCyFlaMeZxQz, msg to _krat0s_: K
#7LuminescentRulePosted 11/27/2012 7:13:25 PM
What hinders my enjoyment of the game is the game's failures on so many levels.
---
150,000 first week worldwide
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/EmperorLawlight.png
#8StaticnovaPosted 11/27/2012 7:14:02 PM
Nope. This is why I've completely disregarded reviews for years now. I know what I like in a game, and I can't remember the last time I was disappointed by one. If I enjoy a game, I know exactly why I enjoy it.

Before getting a game, I'll watch gameplay and read up on info, because as a gamer I can look at it and think "Yeah, this game has some really cool mechanics in it. I think I'd enjoy this." or "Meh. Not really my thing."

Other people never affect my opinion of a game. I come to the boards of the games I play simply to discuss it with other gamers.
---
Awaiting: Bioshock: Infinite, The Last of Us, GoW:A, Amnesia: AMFP, Watch Dogs, NS: UNS 3
Playing: Playstation All-Stars
#9Pink_a_DinkPosted 11/27/2012 7:14:42 PM
^ See, that's what I'm talking about. Its like, why? Its not only uncalled for, but its just plain childish.
#10toomanymouthsPosted 11/27/2012 7:15:37 PM
Yes, what others think hinders my enjoyment.

It doesn't hinder my enjoyment of this game, but it hinders my enjoyment of future games in the series. If too many people think poorly of a series or don't buy it because of bad reviews, etc., that means we're much less likely to see a sequel.

And if there is a sequel, the worse the earlier reviews were, the more likely we won't get better named, more famous chars. On the other hand, if the game does VERY well, we may just see Cloud, Auron, Spyro, Crash, etc. in the next PSASBR.