FFA tier list discussion.

#1MajesticFerretPosted 11/27/2012 6:16:16 PM
I've seen 1v1 tier discussion, but there seems to be a lack of consensus about what the tier list of the more advertised and most played mode of this game is.

Feel free to discuss and argue.

Top Tier:
Sackboy

High Tier:
Kratos
Sly
Drake
Ratchet
Raiden
Evil Cole
Parappa (high AP gain and probably still the best lv. 2 in the game)

Mid Tier:
Dante (probably high if mastered, but has to be mastered. Has a combo cancel to leads to his lv. 1 or lv. 2 and his high AP combos are a lot harder to consistently use than Raiden/Kratos and are less safe, but his are higher AP gain)
Heihachi (might bump him up as well. Insane AP gain if mastered and the Kuma can destroy in the right environment and he has a lv. 1 set-up)
Radec (like Heihachi, high tier some terrains, terrible at others)
Nariko
Big Daddy
Toro
Good Cole
Sweet Tooth
Fat Princess
Jak

Low Tier:
Spike
Sir Dan

It's actually not too bad IMO. Sackboy needs a tiny lv. 3 duration/cost nerf to bump him down to high tier, 2 of the characters in mid are possibly high making it a fairly broad choice of competitive characters compared to most fighters and the middle tier is pretty big too.
---
Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get with it is rational thought, but with crazy the sky's the limit.
#2toomanymouthsPosted 11/27/2012 6:18:37 PM
I almost entirely agree except I would put Sackboy in a "god" tier while bumping Kratos and Raiden and MAYBE evil Cole up to top tier. I think there is no question that those 3 chars are significantly better than some others you put in top tier.
#3toomanymouthsPosted 11/27/2012 6:19:24 PM
Oh, and I might bump Fat Princess up to High tier.
#4MajesticFerret(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 8:30:56 PM
I almost entirely agree except I would put Sackboy in a "god" tier while bumping Kratos and Raiden and MAYBE evil Cole up to top tier. I think there is no question that those 3 chars are significantly better than some others you put in top tier.

As my list stands, top tier basically is "broken and needs to get fixed" tier.

The other characters listed aren't as popular or as "spammed" as Kratos/Raiden, but are just as cheap.

Sly's lv. 2 can easily get 2-3 kills consistently, something Kratos' rarely does, and it's very easy to get multiple lv. 1 kills even on skilled players because it's just really damn cheap.

Drake has the 2nd best lv. 3 in game as far as consistency goes and those barrels and machine gun rush are every bit as hax as Kratos forward square AND he can combo his lv. 1 into a barrel.

Parappa's lv. 2 is still the best lv. 2 in the game. Drake needs people in a corner to get a lot of kills with his lv. 2. Kratos needs people to be dumb asses to get a lot of kill with his lv. 2. Raiden/Cole need people around them, which most people run the hell away when they see that he got his lv. 2.

For Parappa, it doesn't matter. Unless you're playing on Blackrock Stadium or people are crazy scattered on the Uncharted level, a skilled Parappa is getting 3 kills with this thing nearly every time.

Ratchet's lv. 3 is also one of the best, he has a solid lv. 1/2, and everything he does is safe. Hell, I think his forward triangle pistol outspeeds Kratos forward square and is a lot harder to punish and it's the same AP gain.
---
Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get with it is rational thought, but with crazy the sky's the limit.
#5MrGawnPosted 11/27/2012 10:03:04 PM
MajesticFerret posted...
I almost entirely agree except I would put Sackboy in a "god" tier .

I disagree with this. Sackboy is good but when people actually chase/fight him, he cant as much. Top Tier, but not god tier.
---
...... Tomorrow... we strike!
#6TerotrousPosted 11/27/2012 10:15:13 PM
Top Tier:

Sackboy

High Tier:

Kratos
Raiden
Sly

Mid Tier:

Everyone else

Low Tier:

Fat Princess
Parappa
Spike
Jak

Bottom Tier:

Toro

Some of these are tentative as, for example, I have fought almost no Evil or Good Coles online. However, I see no reason to believe either would be lower than Mid.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GEN Alien Soldier"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#7StaticnovaPosted 11/27/2012 10:21:09 PM
I'd probably put Sir Dan up a tier as well. Considering this is a FFA list, he has some fair crowd control with wide melee attacks and his circle moves. His level 2 is pretty much geared for multiple opponents. Granted, his level 1 sucks for FFA, but meh.

Although, this is based on just the brief amount of time I've played as him.
---
Awaiting: Bioshock: Infinite, The Last of Us, GoW:A, Amnesia: AMFP, Watch Dogs, NS: UNS 3
Playing: Playstation All-Stars
#8PirateKing290Posted 11/27/2012 10:40:58 PM
This seems pretty good. Yeah, I must say Spike is low on a FFA. Hes at least middle high tiers for 2v2 and 1v1 but man it's rough when fighting 3 people.
---
Currently Let's Playing Playing on Youtube: Pokemon Volt White Nuzlocke, DBZ RB2, Paper Mario TTYD
http://www.youtube.com/user/LPWeewer
#9toomanymouthsPosted 11/28/2012 6:35:48 AM
I disagree that Sir Dan should be pushed up for FFA.

Even though he has fire, Sir Dan is too slow to be good in FFA. Wide melee attacks are also too slow. Usually, even if you're beating on one guy, you get too quickly hit by someone else.
#10CrabhammarPosted 11/28/2012 6:39:24 AM
Terotrous posted...
Low Tier:
Parappa.

I don't use him but a skilled Parappa is 100% High Tier.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
PowerFAQs... is not that bad for quoting.