What is it with this game and people mic-ing up?

#1StaticnovaPosted 11/27/2012 9:56:13 PM
I don't know about you guys, but this is potentially the game in which I've heard people on the mic the most. Already.

Seems like every 3 or so matches, someone's on their mic. Online games on the PS3 have always generally been pretty silent regarding other players. Silence can be a good or bad thing, but I think mostly good, judging by the 360's example.

Though it can be hilarious to hear people's reactions. The other day I killed all 3 players in a FFA with Drake's level 1 and one guy simply went "Ohhhhhhhhhhh!" And earlier in a 2v2 some guy was complaining to his partner about the barrels I kept throwing about. Lol.
---
Awaiting: Bioshock: Infinite, The Last of Us, GoW:A, Amnesia: AMFP, Watch Dogs, NS: UNS 3
Playing: Playstation All-Stars
#2solideye11Posted 11/27/2012 10:01:41 PM
I think most of the people with mics are Vita players that are unaware of the mic, or they just don't care about the mic because I hear a lot of TV and god awful music.
---
SOLID EYE SYSTEM-OTC-0017/02
PSN: chr11224
#3tinfoil21Posted 11/27/2012 10:03:32 PM
solideye11 posted...
I think most of the people with mics are Vita players that are unaware of the mic, or they just don't care about the mic because I hear a lot of TV and god awful music.

This. The Vita's mic is on by default, so most players don't turn it off..
#4Staticnova(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 10:06:24 PM
Ah, I see. I'd forgotten about Vita and wouldn't have known that its mic is on by default anyway.
---
Awaiting: Bioshock: Infinite, The Last of Us, GoW:A, Amnesia: AMFP, Watch Dogs, NS: UNS 3
Playing: Playstation All-Stars
#5MrGawnPosted 11/27/2012 10:57:00 PM
I dont mind it, just the fact you have to wait until the match actually starts before you can mute it.

and you cant pause.. so.. yea
---
...... Tomorrow... we strike!
#6Hydra_Gundam_Posted 11/27/2012 10:59:33 PM
You can hold the home button and disable the mic. Anytime.
---
PSN: HYDRAGUNDAM-
#7ziur_orihPosted 11/27/2012 11:03:13 PM
It's a good thing my headset has the option to mute chat. I've encountered others who play awful music very loud. And I think it's intentional to annoy other players.
---
You are not worthy of its POWER