Did superbot do their best to never mention the words "final fantasy"?

#1Retroxgamer0Posted 11/27/2012 10:42:57 PM(edited)
its pretty surprising considering the popularity of the series that they have not as much mentioned it once. when they ask ign staff who they most wanted to see, not a single one of them said cloud or lightning or whatever? somethings fishy about that to me... its as if theyre completely ignoring all of the fan demand for those characters, which were by far and away the most requested. the only thing ive seen them say is theyre a new studio whos trying to improve and they might not want to add super awesome characters for the lower quality game they produce or whatever, but thats nonsense..smashbros is equal quality if not worse than this game and snake made it there...
#2JCourChesNePosted 11/27/2012 10:42:18 PM
I think for the most part they stuck with American companies.
---
Currently Playing: Playstation All-stars Battle Royale
PSN: DaeGa
#3Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 10:44:12 PM(edited)
JCourChesNe posted...

but toro and heihachi... they couldnt of picked anything less american than toro...nobody here knows who he is, and i seen him chosen maybe 1% of the time. he was kindve a waste of time to put in the game quite honestly...
#4DanulusPosted 11/27/2012 10:44:39 PM
Final Fantasy doesn't carry weight anymore. Weak Lightning sequels, a trash tier MMO, garbage Parasite Eve sequel, not localizing Type O etc.
---
"Do not swallow your moral code in tablet form." - Christopher Hitchens
"What a shame." - J.C. Denton
#5solideye11Posted 11/27/2012 10:46:17 PM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
fan demand for those characters, which were by far and away the most requested.

Crash says hi.
---
SOLID EYE SYSTEM-OTC-0017/02
PSN: chr11224
#6metroid compositePosted 11/27/2012 10:53:33 PM
JCourChesNe posted...

Raiden is not American. Dante isn't American either (owned by a Japanese company, with DmC being made by a...Brittish company I believe?) Not to mention some internal Sony characters like Parappa are Japanese in origin.

So..........no? If anything, the third party selection is more Japanese than American. It's not like there's characters from Mass Effect, Grand Theft Auto, Assassin's Creed, or Call of Duty. There's no ValvE representative. Lara Croft isn't in the game.

I can't imagine that someone who likes American third party games (say, they own an X360 and an Xbox, but haven't yet owned a PS system) would look at the game and think "Wow, look at all my favourite characters."
---
Cats land on their feet. Toast lands peanut butter side down. A cat with toast strapped to its back will hover above the ground in a state of quantum indecision
#7Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2012 1:17:10 AM
heihachi isnt american either..doesnt even speak english
#8Chzrm3Posted 11/28/2012 1:23:39 AM
There was that panel a while back where Omar said "we haven't announced a final fantasy character yet - stay tuned!"

That was as much as they mentioned it, XD.

Square themselves said they were paying close attention to PSASBR and would be interested in a sequel if the game was well-recieved. But this was a twitter thing, and there have been twitter things in the past that ended up being very misleading, like Eric Laden said "It's great to work with David Hayter" when he DIDN'T LOL
---
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.