IGN's 20 DLC characters they'd Love to see

#713D3Posted 11/28/2012 1:44:21 PM
Didn't realize Sony owned Jaster Rogue, why the **** isn't he and Toan in this?!!
---
Because Naughty Dog
Joel+Ellie=Jelly...You Jelly?
#72SuplexKirbyPosted 11/28/2012 2:17:04 PM
Seksii_Girl_5 posted...
Great list, like all of them except Nathan Hale, replace him with a Chimera.

NO
#73ChocoboDreamsPosted 11/28/2012 3:50:07 PM
Knowledge_King posted...
This was the worst list I've ever seen. Not only did I not know pretty much anyone on the list, but they didn't even bother to include actual All-stars or people that would play well in the game. WTF?

If you don't know who Toan, Alundra, or various other characters from that list are, then that's more eluding to your (lack of) experience with video games than it is a poor list of characters.
---
I just want Card Sagas Wars. Seriously, I'd do anything, just give me Card Sagas Wars. Please.
PSN:ChocoboDreams
#74Knowledge_KingPosted 11/28/2012 4:01:40 PM
ChocoboDreams posted...
Knowledge_King posted...
This was the worst list I've ever seen. Not only did I not know pretty much anyone on the list, but they didn't even bother to include actual All-stars or people that would play well in the game. WTF?

If you don't know who Toan, Alundra, or various other characters from that list are, then that's more eluding to your (lack of) experience with video games than it is a poor list of characters.

Nah, I play plenty of games, a wide variety, and have been for over 14 years. It speaks more of the characters. Of that I'm definite.
---
http://www.reverbnation.com/intellectualquota
http://www.datpiff.com/Intellectual-Quota-Intellectual-World-mixtape.287780.html
#75narutoboy555Posted 11/28/2012 4:42:50 PM
i agree with toan jaster wander hale ico the rest seems like bad choices
#76Zen_ZarabPosted 11/28/2012 4:43:53 PM
Knowledge_King posted...
ChocoboDreams posted...
Knowledge_King posted...

Nah, I play plenty of games, a wide variety, and have been for over 14 years. It speaks more of the characters. Of that I'm definite.

I guess you weren't a Playstation Guy from the start. Since All but 1 are familiar to me. Alundra is te only one I don't ATM recall. Which is why I made my list of all Sony owned IPs.
---
http://tinyurl.com/cqbr3ld
http://tinyurl.com/8w2apgs
#77Haku125Posted 11/28/2012 4:50:46 PM
Where are people getting this team ICO claim from? Sony owns the rights to them, end of. They can have him if they wanted to.
---
Superbot: 20 characters is our launch roster SNARF SNARF
#78ChocoboDreamsPosted 11/28/2012 5:15:28 PM(edited)
Knowledge_King posted...
ChocoboDreams posted...
Knowledge_King posted...

Dark Cloud is one of the best series on PS2, and Alundra is one of the only Zelda-clones to actually be better than Zelda. The more you know!

Also, Ethan Mars is from Heavy Rain, one of the most critically acclaimed PS3 exclusives currently available. Gabe Logan is from Syphon Filter, a game which if you haven't heard of, likely didn't grow up with a PS1. Ico is from Ico, one of the first PS2 games ever released (maybe even a launch game), and spiritual prequel to Shadow of the Colossus (I'm sure you at least heard of that). Jaster Rogue is from Rogue Galaxy, another classic Level 5 JRPG for the PS2 in the same vain of Dark Cloud. J'eanne D'arc hails from one of the best PSP games worth owning. Jodie Holmes is from one of the most anticipated titles of E3, and I believe these are the same people that did Heavy Rain. Joel is from Last of Us (if you haven't heard of it, you've been living under a rock). Kutaro is from Puppeteer, which again was a heavily featured PS3 exclusive as E3....eh, you get the point. Dead Nation is one of the best PSN titles currently available, blah blah blah.

Then again, I've been gaming for over 20 years, so what the hey. :3

If anything, what the above paragraph teaches us is that most of the requested characters here are modern or from games yet to be released, so gaming history means very little; you're just as inexperienced with Playstation's history as you are it's present.
---
I just want Card Sagas Wars. Seriously, I'd do anything, just give me Card Sagas Wars. Please.
PSN:ChocoboDreams
#79diabolicalPosted 11/28/2012 5:17:42 PM
I agree with Wander, Ico, Toan, Jaster, Gabe Logan, The Traveler. But there are some really odd choices in there like Ethan.

I think the game does have too many realistic characters as it is. I'm okay with Gabe Logan though because Syphon Filter has been a long part of the playstation brand even if the popularity has waned over the years.
#80Kaydos25Posted 11/28/2012 5:24:49 PM
Zen_Zarab posted...
Knowledge_King posted...
ChocoboDreams posted...
Knowledge_King posted...

I guess you weren't a Playstation Guy from the start. Since All but 1 are familiar to me. Alundra is te only one I don't ATM recall. Which is why I made my list of all Sony owned IPs.

Technically that was Flint from Alundra 2.

Here is the proper Alundra: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/9/9b/Alundra.jpg/252px-Alundra.jpg