Its not a Smash Bros Rip off people

#1HarmistoPosted 11/28/2012 12:14:54 AM
Its a Nintendo All-Star Dairantou Smash Brothers inspirational title.
#2Someguy_13Posted 11/28/2012 1:59:35 AM
It's not a full on rip off but it's pretty clear that at some point someone pointed at Smash and said "Something like that but with our characters."
---
Survivor of the Yahoo Bunker War of 2010
#3TheoDerekPosted 11/28/2012 2:09:01 AM
I think it's ridiculous that people cry about this being a rip-off.

I love this type of game and wish more companies would come out with good games in this style.

Mortal Kombat, King of Fighters, Guilty Gear, Blazblue, and countless others all take after Street Fighter and imo, it is a good thing. Heck, even SF is probably a "rip-off" of some crappy kung fu fighter or something.

Somebody had to be the first. That is all it comes down to.

If you think Smash is perfect and everything else like it is a cheap imitation, whatever, but I personally like some variety.

And I'd like some quality variety too. This type of fighter doesn't need to be populated with just Smash and garbage like that Cartoon Network game or that TMNT game.

PSAS is a step in the right direction and I'd like to see more games like it.
#4ChocoboDreamsPosted 11/28/2012 2:10:35 AM
TheoDerek posted...

I love this type of game and wish more companies would come out with good games in this style.

Mortal Kombat, King of Fighters, Guilty Gear, Blazblue, and countless others all take after Street Fighter and imo, it is a good thing. Heck, even SF is probably a "rip-off" of some crappy kung fu fighter or something.

Somebody had to be the first. That is all it comes down to.

If you think Smash is perfect and everything else like it is a cheap imitation, whatever, but I personally like some variety.

And I'd like some quality variety too. This type of fighter doesn't need to be populated with just Smash and garbage like that Cartoon Network game or that TMNT game.

PSAS is a step in the right direction and I'd like to see more games like it.

You're right. Being a rip-off doesn't have to be a bad thing. :3
---
I just want Card Sagas Wars. Seriously, I'd do anything, just give me Card Sagas Wars. Please.
PSN:ChocoboDreams
#5VengefulShoePosted 11/28/2012 3:22:54 AM
TheoDerek posted...

Lolno. Those three games have absolutely nothing in common with SF other than the fact that people are hitting each other. You are lumping too many genres of fighters into one category. Stop it.

For this game though, it's clear that it is inspired by Smash, but I agree that it is a good thing. My friends and I have had many a discussion about wanting a Sony version of SSB over the years, and now we finally have one.
---
GT: VengefulShoe
"Shade comes from reading; reading came first. Reading is the real art form of insults." ------ Dorian Corey
#6aiiirikPosted 11/28/2012 3:29:49 AM
Yes, clearly a Smash imitation. However, still a great idea. I'm surprised they didn't copy it sooner, such an awesome game.
---
You're just jealous because the voices are only talking to me.
#7TheoDerekPosted 11/28/2012 4:00:02 AM
VengefulShoe posted...
Lolno. Those three games have absolutely nothing in common with SF other than the fact that people are hitting each other. You are lumping too many genres of fighters into one category. Stop it.

That so?

Lets see...

Health bars, 1 on 1 combat(not always the case in some later iterations, but they did start out that way and there are plenty like that), different atk zones(ex. high, mid, low), special moves that require a stick/dpad motion + a button press, you have no choice but to face your opponent(in most cases), and you block by holding back.

And that's just off the top of my head.

Admittedly, SF might not have been the absolute first to use all of this stuff, but there is no denying they put this stuff on the map with SFII. SFII launched the fighting game craze of the early-mid 90s and that is the reason most fighter series came into existence.

SFII was the "first big game" for traditional 2d fighters just as Smash was the "first big game" for the party brawler or w/e you want to call it.
#8MrTacoPosted 11/28/2012 4:30:50 AM
SuperBot obviously were inspired by SSB, but to me it plays and feels very differently. And not just because of the supers and lack of knockouts/ringouts. The action is tighter in this game. I think I like this game better as a matter of fact.
#9Cappuccin0Posted 11/28/2012 5:15:17 AM
It's CLEARLY a Smash Bros rip-off. That being said, it's got its own gameplay feel and mechanics, enough to be considered a totally different beast.
#10ThaCMasterPosted 11/29/2012 4:23:49 AM
It's INSPIRED by Smash Bros, but doesn't play like it. So it isn't a rip off. That said wasn't Smash inspired by a similar game?

Batman was also inspired by Zorro and Superman was inspired by He-Man if I'm not mistaken.
---
PSN ID BigDaddyCMasta
www.thacmaster.proboards50.com