Its not a Smash Bros Rip off people

#11FF_FiendPosted 11/29/2012 9:03:57 AM
Frankly, I wish it played more like Smash Brothers. Ring-outs or health bars (at least ring-out and health bar MODES) definitely fit this type of fighter better than the super system.

If you're going to rip something off, do it right guys. Don't fix it if it ain't broken.
---
Playing: LEGO LOTR, Epic Mickey 2, Pushmo, Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Playstation All-Stars: Battle Royale
#12vital_tundraPosted 11/29/2012 9:21:45 AM
Fun fact Smash wasn't the first of its kind.
---
I wish Blastoise was my dad. He wouldn't beat my mom like what her boyfriend, Johnny does. If Blastoise was my dad things would be different around here.
#13CyborgTwentyPosted 11/29/2012 10:59:59 AM
if you just look at screenshots of psabr sure it looks like smash bros but once you start playing it, it feels completely diffrent but even if it would play exactly the same that wouldn't be bad because i have been wanting many companies to make smash bros games with their own characters. i still wait for sega to do one.
#14AalviPosted 11/29/2012 11:06:16 AM
Someguy_13 posted...
It's not a full on rip off but it's pretty clear that at some point someone pointed at Smash and said "Something like that but with our characters."

---
Check out my backlog: http://backloggery.com/aalvi
PSN ID: Aalvi-S|http://psnprofiles.com/Aalvi-S|3DS FC in Profile
#15Mr BogardPosted 11/29/2012 1:41:22 PM
It's INSPIRED by Smash Bros, but doesn't play like it. So it isn't a rip off. That said wasn't Smash inspired by a similar game?

Batman was also inspired by Zorro and Superman was inspired by He-Man if I'm not mistaken.

I think Batman was more inspired by Sherlock Holmes. And LOL @ anyone thinking that Superman was inspired by anyone. Superman was THE 1st superhero and started the superhero comic book craze.

Also I didn't like this game that much but I guess need more time to get used to it. Though Jump Super Stars/Ultimate Stars felt really good and I never had any trouble with getting used to it. So who knows?
---
"If there's nothing wrong with me, then there's something wrong with the universe!"
-Dr. Beverly Crusher- **Star Trek: The Next generation**
#16Mr BogardPosted 11/29/2012 1:43:57 PM
Fun fact Smash wasn't the first of its kind.

Neither was Street Fighter but those were the games that put the genre on the map.
---
"If there's nothing wrong with me, then there's something wrong with the universe!"
#17FF_FiendPosted 11/29/2012 2:15:21 PM
Mr Bogard posted...
It's INSPIRED by Smash Bros, but doesn't play like it. So it isn't a rip off. That said wasn't Smash inspired by a similar game?

Batman was also inspired by Zorro and Superman was inspired by He-Man if I'm not mistaken.

I think Batman was more inspired by Sherlock Holmes. And LOL @ anyone thinking that Superman was inspired by anyone. Superman was THE 1st superhero and started the superhero comic book craze.

Batman WAS inspired by Zorro actually, but even more so by The Shadow. Bob Kane has actually stated that he wanted to incorporate elements from both characters since he loved them so much. Never saw a source about sherlock - I think that's just assumed based on the various similarities in storytelling, etc. etc.

As for Supes, he was predated by a number of superhero-y comics. Most notably, The Phantom and The Shadow. Although Superman is most heavily influenced by Jesus. I'm an atheist, so I'm not saying that to start this thread on yet another tangent. He just was. Also, Beowulf. Both predate the hell out of Superman.
---
Playing: LEGO LOTR, Epic Mickey 2, Pushmo, Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Playstation All-Stars: Battle Royale
#18Mr BogardPosted 11/29/2012 2:46:10 PM
Mr Bogard posted...

Batman WAS inspired by Zorro actually, but even more so by The Shadow. Bob Kane has actually stated that he wanted to incorporate elements from both characters since he loved them so much. Never saw a source about sherlock - I think that's just assumed based on the various similarities in storytelling, etc. etc.

As for Supes, he was predated by a number of superhero-y comics. Most notably, The Phantom and The Shadow. Although Superman is most heavily influenced by Jesus. I'm an atheist, so I'm not saying that to start this thread on yet another tangent. He just was. Also, Beowulf. Both predate the hell out of Superman.

Okay I'm not sure about The Phantom but definitely not He-Man.
---
#19mizhu30Posted 11/29/2012 3:26:24 PM
Mr Bogard posted...
Mr Bogard posted...

http://www.cracked.com/article_17299_6-famous-characters-you-didnt-know-were-shameless-rip-offs.html

Superman is #5
#20Mr BogardPosted 11/29/2012 6:15:56 PM
Mr Bogard posted...
Mr Bogard posted...

http://www.cracked.com/article_17299_6-famous-characters-you-didnt-know-were-shameless-rip-offs.html

Superman is #5

Wow. That was a pretty cool read. I will take that L and hold it. Though I was right about He-Man.
---