Okay so...I only know who 30% of the characters are?..questions?..

#31metroid compositePosted 11/28/2012 8:57:10 AM
deathpapaya posted...
Zelda has the mastersword and triface thing and the grappeling hook and boomerang and stuff.

She does? I thought only Link used most of those.

Regardless she doesn't use ANY of those in SSBM, so....
---
Cats land on their feet. Toast lands peanut butter side down. A cat with toast strapped to its back will hover above the ground in a state of quantum indecision
#32Nisa20Posted 11/28/2012 9:01:11 AM(edited)
deathpapaya posted...
Nisa20 posted...
OnePieceFan posted...
Bestia_Somnia posted...
Fat Princess has more unique moveset potential than Gex could ever have, so no Gex wouldn't be a better addition. Even Sir Dan and Spike have had "recent" relevance.

Isn't Fat Princess completely immobile in her home series? She's basically the flag in a "capture the flag" game, and she does nothing but eat cake - I'm not sure how that translates to moveset potential.

Go talk to Zelda.

Zelda has the mastersword and triface thing and the grappeling hook and boomerang and stuff.

Try again loser.

Wtf loser? No no need for insults. OoT did not have all of the move sets we witnessed in Smash. They gave her that move set in the same manner FP was given hers.

Also I just noticed to described Link lol...
---
PS3 ID: MistyLear
#33DegalonPosted 11/28/2012 9:01:11 AM
Well, it is true that this games roster is pretty pitiful, and only serves to show how few worthy exclusives Sony has nowadays. Like 7 or 8 generic "gritty action guys", fat princess, etc. They were really just scraping for anything they could get the rights to.

Whether the game itself is good or not, it does NOT deserve to have "all stars" in its title.
---
GT/PSN: DEGALON
MK: Sheeva/Mileena, SSF4: Guile, BB: Makoto, DOA4: Leon, SC4: Astaroth, SF3: Alex, AH3: Zenia Valov, Tekken: Bryan Fury, VF: Vanessa
#34Chaos1031Posted 11/28/2012 9:03:51 AM
howiehiew posted...
rumbalumba posted...
Bestia_Somnia posted...
Fat Princess has more unique moveset potential than Gex could ever have, so no Gex wouldn't be a better addition. Even Sir Dan and Spike have had "recent" relevance.

rofl. she never even moved in her game. don't talk about "unique moveset potential" when clearly SB can incorporate moves to characters that don't even move in their games. which means even a dog who only raps in his game can do a mic grab move or a skateboard slap.

That depends. At least Fat princess had some sort of unique quality which they could play up. that is her love of cake and her loyal subjects, so even though she did nothing in her own game, they had somewhere to go with in terms of move set.
The same can't be said for someone like Ethan Mars. i know a lot of people want him, but i suspect making up a move list for him is a lot harder for fat princess because he's as normal as you can get. sure they could pull a lot of references from the game, but that will get you so far, and remember how SB wanted to capture the 'essence' of each character. Ethan Mars 'essence' is a average Joe. not terribly exiting is it.
(i don't know who Gex is so i can't say anything about him.)

Except that kinda falls apart when you have Nathan Drake and Radec who are about as normal as you can get performing double jumps, creating cover out of nowhere and other stuff.
---
Smithers, use the amnesia ray.
You mean the revolver, sir?
#35ZDrifter9000(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2012 9:08:18 AM
lightdragoon88 posted...

Once again: SONY DOESN'T OWN THESE CHARACTERS!!!!!!!

Getting all these characters would bankrupt Superbot before they even get half of them.

-Sigh...- What has the gaming industry become these days?..whatever it is, it's not like it used to be...these money hungry Human beings..Fat pocketed CEO's they just want more and MORE money, like spolied children..they no-longer care for the Fans like they used to.
---
psn - ZDRIFTER9000_XII
~ Always Choose Jinpachi Crew ~
#36christiankid7Posted 11/28/2012 9:11:14 AM
Cosmic_Coyote posted...
TC he is not in because this game should be called:

"Play Station: All the random licences we could manage to get. Battle Royale"

This game is in no way or form a Play Station "All Stars" game without these:

-Crash Bandicoot - activision
-Spyro-activision
-Blasto-was not recieved well, might have been forgotten. Has a chance
-Croc not that important of a game
-Gex-OK but hes not that big of a deal
-Alundra-could have been refused
-Dart-had a big fanbase that superbot missed
-Lara Croft-square refused
-Jersey Devil-LOLno. Hes not THAT big of a deal
-Rayman-alright i guess
-Robbit-missed out on
-Abe-missed out on
-Cloud or Sephiroth-square refused
-Snake-konami wouldn't give us him
-One RE representant like Chris, Jill or Wesker-you'd get jake

Without these there would be no PS2 and therefore PS3... PERIOD

But instead we are getting Big Daddy for no reason at all specially when Bioshock wasn´t even on PS3 till a long time after Xbox got it´s release (and somehow is Big Daddy... but they are advertising Bioshock Infinite in a cloud city, WTF??) or characters nobody knows or cares for like that Starhawk guy who´s name I even forgot.

---
The Official ANTI-VENOM of the UMVC3 boards
The official Sir Daniel Fortesque of the PSASBR boards
#37NewMoonShadowPosted 11/28/2012 9:11:19 AM
ZDrifter9000 posted...
lightdragoon88 posted...

Once again: SONY DOESN'T OWN THESE CHARACTERS!!!!!!!

Getting all these characters would bankrupt Superbot before they even get half of them.

-Sigh...- What has the gaming industry become these days?..whatever it is, it's not like it used to be...these money hungry Human beings..Fat pocketed CEO's they just want more and MORE money, like spolied children..they no-longer care for the Fans like they used to.

Well to be fair it IS their job to make money... I mean, if they don't make money, they can't pay their employees, and if they can't pay their employees they can't make more games, which means we have no more games to play, and the entire concept of the company as an entity ceases to exist.

Don't get me wrong, some companies take it too far and are genuinely greedy, but you can't cry about a Publisher being unwilling to sink infinite resources into an untested property made by an unknown company.
#38ZDrifter9000(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2012 9:17:34 AM
No, it's their JOB to make GAMES not money...thats a silly example, I mean Naughty Dog or who ever owns Crash Bandicoot now ect..could of just said ''sure man, you can use crash in your game we would be honoured'' *high five*.

But instead it's ''You pay me Xmillion amount of dollars that I don't really need now!'' (Because i'm a greedy mofo with 6ft deep pockets...)
---
psn - ZDRIFTER9000_XII
~ Always Choose Jinpachi Crew ~
#39toomanymouthsPosted 11/28/2012 9:18:03 AM
Do people honestly not realize that the developers would put these other chars in the roster if they could?

They did their best with what rights people would sell them, and what rights they had the money to afford.

For a first game, this is a fantastic roster. If people would stop complaining and would buy the game, you might just see Crash, Spyro, or Cloud in the sequel! But only if this game sells successfully!
#40ManuKesnaPosted 11/28/2012 9:19:33 AM
No, it's their JOB to make GAMES not money...thats a silly example, I mean Naughty Dog or who ever owns Crash Bandicoot now ect..could of just said ''sure man, you can use crash in your game we would be honoured'' *high five*.

But instead it's ''You pay me Xmillion amount of dollars that I don't really need now!'' (Because i'm a greedy mofo with 6ft deep pockets...)

lolinoranttroll
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna
GT: ManuKesna