How would you fix the OP characters?

#1SoopaSte123Posted 11/28/2012 8:15:16 AM
Its pointless to say a character is OP without specifics... thinking up solutions is one step better.

I think the general consensus is that Sackboy's lvl 3 should have a shorter duration... if you didn't respawn as a bubble, then it would instead become one of the worst lvl 3s since you could get at most 3 kills.

As for Kratos, longer delay after his square attacks? Get rid of the homing on his chain grab?

But what about Sly? How would you fix his lvl 1 (which is what seems to make him OP)? Shorter distance? Longer startup time? Both? They obviously wouldn't do something as drastic as make a completely new super for him.
#2FaustianLogixPosted 11/28/2012 8:18:26 AM
SoopaSte123 posted...
Its pointless to say a character is OP without specifics... thinking up solutions is one step better.

I think the general consensus is that Sackboy's lvl 3 should have a shorter duration... if you didn't respawn as a bubble, then it would instead become one of the worst lvl 3s since you could get at most 3 kills.

As for Kratos, longer delay after his square attacks? Get rid of the homing on his chain grab?

But what about Sly? How would you fix his lvl 1 (which is what seems to make him OP)? Shorter distance? Longer startup time? Both? They obviously wouldn't do something as drastic as make a completely new super for him.

For Sackboy....

Raise his AP needed for level 3 by about 200. That or you nerf his Cake AP Gain to about 10.

Kratos? Remove homing chain, make his basic square attacks unable to switch sides once started...that's about it.

Sly should just have it where you can't activate his super while stealthed.
---
PSN - FelixxFaust | http://faust-tldr.blogspot.com/
Twitch.tv/Player_F | @FaustianLogix for streaming updates.
#3SpacePirateKhanPosted 11/28/2012 8:18:51 AM
Sackboy should also have the bubbles move faster, because right now you may as well sit still and wait to die. Dat Lv2 is slightly OP, too - it's a guaranteed easy unavoidable kill, and possibly multikill. Not sure how you'd nerf this without making it useless though - can he be hit out of it? THat would help.
The rest is ok, maybe minor tweaking at most (Maybe 5 less AP on the cake?).

On the flip side, Fat Princess' Lv3 needs a buff. I know, I know, 'made for small stages,' but from what I've seen she averages 3 kills, max.
---
Official Sackboy Champion of Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Board!
www.change.org/petitions/superbot-make-the-king-of-all-cosmos-a-dlc-character-2
#42CRZYPosted 11/28/2012 8:19:45 AM
SoopaSte123 posted...

I like how you mention Sly, yet you don't mention Drake, who's lvl 1 has longer range, a blast radius, a better level 2, a stun locking ak-47, and barrels. Longer startup time would render Sly useless, but a shorter distance wouldn't be so bad...

But then you might as well nerf fat princess while you're at it. You might as well nerf Ratchet's level 1 then too because it also has just as must distance as Sly's level 1. You mention Sly over Raiden as well? Haha...
#5SoopaSte123(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2012 8:21:11 AM
2CRZY posted...
I like how you mention Sly, yet you don't mention Drake, who's lvl 1 has longer range, a blast radius, a better level 2, a stun locking ak-47, and barrels. Longer startup time would render Sly useless, but a shorter distance wouldn't be so bad...

But then you might as well nerf fat princess while you're at it. You might as well nerf Ratchet's level 1 then too because it also has just as must distance as Sly's level 1. You mention Sly over Raiden as well? Haha...

I haven't even played the game yet haha. I get it today. Just mentioning the complaints I hear the most.
#6metroid compositePosted 11/28/2012 8:23:45 AM
2CRZY posted...
SoopaSte123 posted...

All of those characters are much more easily knocked out of their level 1s from normal attacks, and most of them have longer startups.
---
Cats land on their feet. Toast lands peanut butter side down. A cat with toast strapped to its back will hover above the ground in a state of quantum indecision
#72CRZYPosted 11/28/2012 8:27:02 AM
SoopaSte123 posted...

Oh, and don't forget Radec's level 1 -_-

What really needs to happen is characters like Jak, Nariko, Sir Dan, Big Daddy, and Toro need small buffs...While Kratos needs to lose the ability to auto-lock with square-right/left and Sackboy needs -10 AP gains from cake/ball
#8NDgamer1122Posted 11/28/2012 8:27:03 AM
I'll just say what I think.

Sackboy: Reduce his AP gain, especially on spamming cakes all day, and/or reduce the hitbox on said cakes, and make them so they don't stick around. He already has those shock pads as mines for pete's sake. Also reduce the amount of time he gets his level 3 (maybe so you could get 6 kills max, 7 if you're REALLY lucky), and make it so you can move faster as a bubble.

Kratos: No tracking on that damned forward square. It should simply go out forward, just like Nariko's down triangle. Also give Kratos some ending lag on some of his moves. His neutral square combo is just stupidly safe to use as-is. Also, increase the AP needed for his supers, as seeing a Kratos get his level 3 in under a minute is jsut plain wrong.

Raiden: Decrease duration on his level 2. It may as well be his level 3. The range of his level 1 is just ridiculously wide for what it's worth.

Sly: Have a start up time on his level 1 similar to Big Daddy's level 1, maybe a touch shorter. Murray also shouldn't go out so damn far. Maybe half of the current distance.

Drake: Make the barrel less spammable. My god.
#9ziur_orihPosted 11/28/2012 8:27:24 AM
2CRZY posted...
SoopaSte123 posted...

Yeah. Ratchet's level 1 really needs some tweaking. Also, I'm surprised no one has mentioned raiden yet.
---
You are not worthy of its POWER
#10blaze19_0XPosted 11/28/2012 8:29:36 AM
NDgamer1122 posted...
I'll just say what I think.

Sackboy: Reduce his AP gain, especially on spamming cakes all day, and/or reduce the hitbox on said cakes, and make them so they don't stick around. He already has those shock pads as mines for pete's sake. Also reduce the amount of time he gets his level 3 (maybe so you could get 6 kills max, 7 if you're REALLY lucky), and make it so you can move faster as a bubble.

Kratos: No tracking on that damned forward square. It should simply go out forward, just like Nariko's down triangle. Also give Kratos some ending lag on some of his moves. His neutral square combo is just stupidly safe to use as-is. Also, increase the AP needed for his supers, as seeing a Kratos get his level 3 in under a minute is jsut plain wrong.

Raiden: Decrease duration on his level 2. It may as well be his level 3. The range of his level 1 is just ridiculously wide for what it's worth.

Sly: Have a start up time on his level 1 similar to Big Daddy's level 1, maybe a touch shorter. Murray also shouldn't go out so damn far. Maybe half of the current distance.

Drake: Make the barrel less spammable. My god.

Umm there's no way just nerfing Raiden's level 2 would be enough. In 1 vs 1 he's a monster because he has so many reliable ways to land his level 1 (including like 4 true combos WHICH INCLUDES A GRAB).

And because of his great AP gain, range, priority etc.
---
http://allstararena.com
Competitve Hub for Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale