Does PSABR have the most black people in a fighting game roster?

#61DrachenBarenPosted 11/28/2012 11:56:22 AM
JV571 posted...
ManuKesna posted...
lol wow USA people really have issues with this black/white people

I know. Makes me feel ashamed :/

Why? These issues are worldwide, just with different cultures and targets. Ours has origins just like all the others.
---
Formerly DXW131415. Updated Username with merger.
#62Capitan_Kid(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2012 12:00:20 PM
iPutinWORK posted...
This thread is gonna hit 500 because we have some real Class-A idiots posting in it.

The generalizations I have read are pretty mind-boggling, and we're only 50ish posts in. wow.

Hello pot, meet kettle
---
D-O-G-A-R-S DOGARS!!
#63JV571Posted 11/28/2012 12:01:32 PM
DrachenBaren posted...
JV571 posted...
ManuKesna posted...

Why? These issues are worldwide, just with different cultures and targets. Ours has origins just like all the others.

To me, it just seems like it's a big deal in the US only because people make it a big deal. We've had our past struggles, sure, but isn't it time to put the past behind us?
---
"Nevermind her, she's just a sandwich..." || Unofficial Official Klonoa of the PSABR board... WAHOO!
http://jv571.weebly.com/
#64NewCastlEmperorPosted 11/28/2012 12:01:50 PM
Everyone's forgetting that Sackboy is black.
#65CrabhammarPosted 11/28/2012 12:02:42 PM(edited)
Jef5919 posted...
Crabhammar posted...
LeetProGamer posted...
Capitan_Kid posted...
Crabhammar posted...
lol "ghetto" speak? Ebonics, maybe?

Seriously. Some people...

Ebonics is not even a language. It's a term white people gave to black people to degrade them instead of teaching them to read and write in OLD times and has carried over every since.

Racists smh......

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ebonics#

Ebonics (a blend of the words ebony and phonics) is a term that was originally intended to refer to the language of all people descended from enslaved Black Africans, particularly in West Africa, the Caribbean, and North America. Since the 1996 controversy over its use by the Oakland School Board, the term Ebonics has primarily been used to refer to African American Vernacular English (AAVE), a dialect distinctively different from Standard American English.

My apologies. I should've said AAVE.

..... dude. If you are from a different country you are obviously not going to speak english perfectly aka 'AMERICANIZED'. you guys need to travel a bit. as someone from the carribean i appreciate my accent and what the %#&* is speaking black. keep that among your country folk and stop draggin other countries into it.

...? Look, all I'm saying is that AAVE/Ebonics is less stupid and ignorant sounding than "black speak". I have no idea what you're even saying 0_o

---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
PowerFAQs... is not that bad for quoting.
#66digtlknightmarePosted 11/28/2012 12:03:28 PM
This whole back and forth deal with Kat, has been done to death. TC already pulled this in another thread.

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/8065/the-creator-of-gravity-daze-tells-us-about-his-influences-from-crackdown-to-moebius
#67CyborgTwentyPosted 11/28/2012 12:04:20 PM
sackboy is not black, he just tanned.
#68Capitan_Kid(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2012 12:05:28 PM
JV571 posted...
DrachenBaren posted...
JV571 posted...
ManuKesna posted...

To me, it just seems like it's a big deal in the US only because people make it a big deal. We've had our past struggles, sure, but isn't it time to put the past behind us?

How can we put it in the past when it still happens in the present? Racism may be a lot more quiet but its still there.
---
D-O-G-A-R-S DOGARS!!
#69Capitan_Kid(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2012 12:09:49 PM
digtlknightmare posted...
This whole back and forth deal with Kat, has been done to death. TC already pulled this in another thread.

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/8065/the-creator-of-gravity-daze-tells-us-about-his-influences-from-crackdown-to-moebius

So he specifically made her race ambiguous. Im cool woth that. In fact, that lets me justify point even more. Im glad he didnt just make her a typical white female. Her design and look are real unique. I need to ****ing get a vita
---
D-O-G-A-R-S DOGARS!!
#70JV571Posted 11/28/2012 12:12:29 PM
Capitan_Kid posted...
JV571 posted...
DrachenBaren posted...
JV571 posted...
ManuKesna posted...

How can we put it in the past when it still happens in the present? Racism may be a lot more quiet but its still there.

There will always be racism, because there will always be jerks in the world. But I think we've gotten to a point where it shouldn't be that big of a deal.
---
"Nevermind her, she's just a sandwich..." || Unofficial Official Klonoa of the PSABR board... WAHOO!
http://jv571.weebly.com/