You know what would have helped sales..?

#1AsianSupermanPosted 11/29/2012 1:10:58 AM(edited)
If the guys at SuperBot at the very least admitted that the game was inspired by Smash Brothers, instead of looking awkward and making stupid statements like "Oh. Well it was made by guys who play all sorts of fighting games and get into tournaments!" Or whatever..

Seriously, that's kind of bull was what got hardcore Nintendo fans and even moderate Nintendo fans campaigning heavily against it in the first place.

It's a shame too, since I honestly think PS All-Stars is a fun game.

(Edited) A great example of a company selling their game by admitting that they're "ripping off." When Mortal Kombat came along Ed Boon and co. did not deny in anyway that it was a copy of Street Fighter. Heck they used it as away of marketing, by suggesting that it was a more EXTREME(90's era), hardcore fighting game. And look what happened? It became the highest selling (albeit often satired or mocked) fighting game series made in the U.S.

Even today, despite the fact that it's not the most popular game in the fighting game community MK9 sold more that SSF4. SuperBot should have learned marketing from these guys.

---
Dragon's Dogma. Proof that even as corrupt as Capcom has become, they can still come up with amazing games.
#2xxghost12xxPosted 11/29/2012 12:25:26 AM
How would admitting that it is a smash clone help sales?
---
PSN: [R3D]LiquidSnake3465 -- Site: official-R3D.forumotions.com FC: 4811-8101-5946
#3Lucarioaura22Posted 11/29/2012 12:26:05 AM
............You gotta believe?
---
We do what we must.................
#4AsianSuperman(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 12:27:31 AM
xxghost12xx posted...

Because denying it was what caused an extreme outrage. If they admitted it at the beginning the fire would have definitely died down a little.
---
Dragon's Dogma. Proof that even as corrupt as Capcom has become, they can still come up with amazing games.
#5NightMareBunnyPosted 11/29/2012 12:28:57 AM
yes because there were never any beat-em up games before smash brothers and everyone who creates a beat-em up fighting game in this day and age must be inspired by smash brothers...
---
JUS FC:347983426961
Diamond FC:4167-0966-1829
#6AsianSuperman(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 12:30:08 AM
NightMareBunny posted...
yes because there were never any beat-em up games before smash brothers and everyone who creates a beat-em up fighting game in this day and age must be inspired by smash brothers...

You're doing that defensive thing that most All-Stars fans do to no avail.. :-\
---
#7DHG_SweepPosted 11/29/2012 12:30:48 AM
AsianSuperman posted...
xxghost12xx posted...

Because denying it was what caused an extreme outrage. If they admitted it at the beginning the fire would have definitely died down a little.

Youre the only one in an extreme outrage and it would have not helped sales whatsoever
---
Anderson Silva P4P #1 and GOAT!
#8xxghost12xxPosted 11/29/2012 12:31:54 AM
AsianSuperman posted...
xxghost12xx posted...

Yea I guess I can see what you mean by that. I just wish people would look at the big picture I know everyone likes smash but give other games a chance also.
---
PSN: [R3D]LiquidSnake3465 -- Site: official-R3D.forumotions.com FC: 4811-8101-5946
#9NightMareBunnyPosted 11/29/2012 12:32:22 AM
AsianSuperman posted...
NightMareBunny posted...

You're doing that defensive thing that most All-Stars fans do to no avail.. :-\

was Jump Superstars/Ultimate Stars inspired by smash brothers...were they ripping it off?
---
JUS FC:347983426961
Diamond FC:4167-0966-1829
#10Lucarioaura22Posted 11/29/2012 12:33:05 AM
AsianSuperman posted...
xxghost12xx posted...

So you're telling me if I make a product and say I copied it from some other company, My honesty will increase sales??!! LOL NO! Without individuality and advertising how different you are from most, how can you expect to flourish?
---
We do what we must.................