You know what would have helped sales..?

#11AsianSuperman(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 1:33:28 AM
DHG_Sweep posted...
AsianSuperman posted...
xxghost12xx posted...
How would admitting that it is a smash clone help sales?

Because denying it was what caused an extreme outrage. If they admitted it at the beginning the fire would have definitely died down a little.

Youre the only one in an extreme outrage and it would have not helped sales whatsoever

Erm what..? I actually like the game. Why are you replying like you're trying to insult me... as though you're in kindergarten..?

"You're the only one in an extreme outrage!"

Seriously..?
---
Dragon's Dogma. Proof that even as corrupt as Capcom has become, they can still come up with amazing games.
#12stevenbobPosted 11/29/2012 1:35:07 AM(edited)
NightMareBunny posted...
AsianSuperman posted...
NightMareBunny posted...
yes because there were never any beat-em up games before smash brothers and everyone who creates a beat-em up fighting game in this day and age must be inspired by smash brothers...

You're doing that defensive thing that most All-Stars fans do to no avail.. :-\

was Jump Superstars/Ultimate Stars inspired by smash brothers...were they ripping it off?

actually the creators of jus and jss said they were inspired by smash so yes but they were not ripping it off
---
Shin Megami Tensei Imagine us version name maelxich
Shin Megami Tensei Imagine Japanese version name maelxich
#13DHG_SweepPosted 11/29/2012 1:39:03 AM
AsianSuperman posted...
DHG_Sweep posted...
AsianSuperman posted...
xxghost12xx posted...

Because denying it was what caused an extreme outrage. If they admitted it at the beginning the fire would have definitely died down a little.

Youre the only one in an extreme outrage and it would have not helped sales whatsoever

Erm what..? I actually like the game. Why are you replying like you're trying to insult me... as though you're in kindergarten..?

"You're the only one in an extreme outrage!"

Seriously..?

This is what I mean. Calm down. Its not a big deal.
---
Anderson Silva P4P #1 and GOAT!
#14AsianSuperman(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 1:39:06 AM
Lucarioaura22 posted...
AsianSuperman posted...
xxghost12xx posted...

So you're telling me if I make a product and say I copied it from some other company, My honesty will increase sales??!! LOL NO! Without individuality and advertising how different you are from most, how can you expect to flourish?

When Mortal Kombat came out they did not deny in anyway that it was a copy of Street Fighter. Heck they used it as away of marketing, by suggesting that it was a more EXTREME(90's era), hardcore fighting game. And look what happened? It became the highest selling (albeit often satired or mocked) fighting game series.

Even today, despite the fact that it's not the most popular game in the fighting game community MK9 sold more that SSF4.
---
Dragon's Dogma. Proof that even as corrupt as Capcom has become, they can still come up with amazing games.
#15NightMareBunnyPosted 11/29/2012 1:40:52 AM
stevenbob posted...
NightMareBunny posted...
AsianSuperman posted...
NightMareBunny posted...
yes because there were never any beat-em up games before smash brothers and everyone who creates a beat-em up fighting game in this day and age must be inspired by smash brothers...

You're doing that defensive thing that most All-Stars fans do to no avail.. :-\

was Jump Superstars/Ultimate Stars inspired by smash brothers...were they ripping it off?

actually the creators of jus and jss said they were inspired by smash so yes but they were not ripping it off

but if anyone looked at it ...they wouldn't say oh this is like smash brothers! because it's not nothing about it is like smash brothers

PS All stars is the same thing....except it only looks somewhat like smash brothers but when you play it...you realize it's nothing like it
---
JUS FC:347983426961
Diamond FC:4167-0966-1829
#16Chzrm3Posted 11/29/2012 1:41:58 AM
They said many times that it was inspired by Smash. O_o?
---
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#17NightMareBunnyPosted 11/29/2012 1:43:29 AM
Chzrm3 posted...

a lot of things are inspired by other things...does it make them rip offs? no...so why should we keep saying what inspired this
---
JUS FC:347983426961
Diamond FC:4167-0966-1829
#18AsianSuperman(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 1:45:00 AM
Chzrm3 posted...

Not at first. One of the many early interviews that cause all the hate. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lh1ieHmcl8w
---
#19Dark_MetalSonicPosted 11/29/2012 1:45:37 AM
how about nintendo admit that the SSB(gameplay) was inspired by The Outfoxies
#20AsianSuperman(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 1:46:30 AM
Ugh. See, this kind of attitude is why the community is all whacked out. :-\
---