You know what would have helped sales..?

#21Dark_MetalSonicPosted 11/29/2012 1:53:24 AM
AsianSuperman posted...
Ugh. See, this kind of attitude is why the community is all whacked out. :-\

attitude?

how about you admit that the SSB(gameplay) was inspired by The Outfoxies
#22PielordXPosted 11/29/2012 1:55:21 AM
AsianSuperman posted...
If the guys at SuperBot at the very least admitted that the game was inspired by Smash Brothers, instead of looking awkward and making stupid statements like "Oh. Well it was made by guys who play all sorts of fighting games and get into tournaments!" Or whatever..

Seriously, that's kind of bull was what got hardcore Nintendo fans and even moderate Nintendo fans campaigning heavily against it in the first place.

It's a shame too, since I honestly think PS All-Stars is a fun game.

TC stay out of corporate america, thats the dumbest marketing decision Ive heard on this board.
---
If there were more people like me the world would be a better place. That's just a fact. -Compass
#23IHeartJessAlbaPosted 11/29/2012 2:04:12 AM
So having a game with a bunch of game mascots and up to four players automatically means it had to only be inspired by smash brothers? This game wasn't even a fighter when they first started working on it. They were really pushing for a CTF style game early on, and before that, they had many other game modes in mind.

Completely clueless Nintendo fans claiming this game is a Smash clone/ripoff clearly haven't played the game. Aside from being in a fighting game genre, with up to 4 players, and the characters are all from previous IPs, in what way is this anything like Smash?

Maybe some of the surface appears Smash-esque, but they have jack in common. Saying "yeah, we pulled some stuff from Smash" would automatically shut people like me out from it as some stupid clone that never needed to be made.

Instead, I tried it out, once I found them saying how different the game was, and all the cool things that THIS game does. And I played it, was a little confused at first, and then it clicked. I "got" it. And I fell in love.

This game is its own thing. The only people complaining about this game from the Nintendo side either don't know what they're talking about, or are spewing blind hatred because they're idiots or something. There is no other argument from their side, either way, they're just ignorant. No two ways about it.

Games are completely different. There's very little here that I could even point to as inspiration, much less rip-off material.
---
psn - wokeupinapanic
#24AsianSuperman(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 2:05:40 AM
PielordX posted...
AsianSuperman posted...
If the guys at SuperBot at the very least admitted that the game was inspired by Smash Brothers, instead of looking awkward and making stupid statements like "Oh. Well it was made by guys who play all sorts of fighting games and get into tournaments!" Or whatever..

Seriously, that's kind of bull was what got hardcore Nintendo fans and even moderate Nintendo fans campaigning heavily against it in the first place.

It's a shame too, since I honestly think PS All-Stars is a fun game.

TC stay out of corporate america, thats the dumbest marketing decision Ive heard on this board.

You're joking right? As I stated before.. When Mortal Kombat came out they did not deny in anyway that it was a copy of Street Fighter. Heck they used it as away of marketing, by suggesting that it was a more EXTREME(90's era), hardcore fighting game. And look what happened? It became the highest selling American made fighting game series.

Even till this day Mortal Kombat sells, with MK9 outselling SSF4.

So seriously, the only thing that's dumb are the statements you're making without knowing the history of fighting games that DO sell.
---
Dragon's Dogma. Proof that even as corrupt as Capcom has become, they can still come up with amazing games.
#25MewtwoExPosted 11/29/2012 2:26:30 AM
Ill leave this here for all of those silly Sony ponies who are in denial this is a rip off of Super Smash Bros.

http://i.imgur.com/EUoxN.png

Have a good day, abandon fanboy ships!!!! you been exposed!!!
---
http://dunzi.wippiespace.com/pics/trollin-hatin.jpg
#26NoctionusPosted 11/29/2012 2:32:42 AM
MewtwoEx posted...
Ill leave this here for all of those silly Sony ponies who are in denial this is a rip off of Super Smash Bros.

Hey look, a nintendrone was here!...
---
http://i.imgur.com/wAaps.gif
#27AsianSuperman(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 2:34:16 AM
Noctionus posted...
MewtwoEx posted...

Hey look, a nintendrone was here!...

As malicious as that nintendrone was.. He's right. :-\

Trying to draw out the Smash Crowd yet denying the game was at least inspired by it back in June was a very bad idea.
---
Dragon's Dogma. Proof that even as corrupt as Capcom has become, they can still come up with amazing games.
#28Chzrm3Posted 11/29/2012 2:41:13 AM
AsianSuperman posted...
Chzrm3 posted...
They said many times that it was inspired by Smash. O_o?

Not at first. One of the many early interviews that cause all the hate. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lh1ieHmcl8w

Omar talked about it and said that in the early days they were really inundated with some bad media training. Sony had some pretty massive lay-offs in their PR department soon afterwards (not because of PSASBR, but because of how they'd handled other things), and after that Superbot got refreshingly honest and readily admitted that the game was inspired by Smash.
---
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#29marceloxlrPosted 11/29/2012 2:48:04 AM
You know the only 2 things this game have in common with smash?

1: It's a party brawler.
2: The characters appear in other games of the console(in this case, the PS3).

Please don't say "the gameplay" or the "modes" are inspired either, that's just silly...Why? Because that's the gameplay of a normal party brawler. Yes, some of them add a little more or a little less, but that's not the point.
---
"...Because inside people's memories, i can live forever."
-Axel
#30da1on2Posted 11/29/2012 3:01:52 AM
I had no idea this forum had so many marketing executives and CEO's.
---
Systemwars.com has much more intelligent people than GameFaqs. Post there.