You know what would have helped sales..?

#31codemeisterx70Posted 11/29/2012 3:21:25 AM
ITT: TC can't handle opposite opinions
---
Tell it to the cleaning lady on monday. - todd ingram
"Best RPG ever Persona 4" - FabuIous
#32LordOfCinderPosted 11/29/2012 4:17:41 AM
I think the TC is the one who is denying that Superbot said this game was inspired by Smash Bros.
#33TheBlueDeathPosted 11/29/2012 4:19:59 AM
marceloxlr posted...
You know the only 2 things this game have in common with smash?

1: It's a party brawler.
2: The characters appear in other games of the console(in this case, the PS3).

Please don't say "the gameplay" or the "modes" are inspired either, that's just silly...Why? Because that's the gameplay of a normal party brawler. Yes, some of them add a little more or a little less, but that's not the point.

He's a common troll, just add to the ignore list. He normally lurks on the playstation general boards.
---
~~~~RED~~~~ ~~~~GREEN~~~~ ~~~~~BLUE~~~~~
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#34axlman12934Posted 11/29/2012 4:46:27 AM
Meh. All game companies rip off each other. Maybe not in concept, design, characters, and music but in the genre and HELL maybe they do rip-off each others designs and stuff from time to time. It's hard to be 100% original when there is ALOT of people coming up with the same ideas in this industry. Same with other industries as well.
---
The OFFICIAL Yu Narukami/Roxas of ALL the Persona & Kingdom Hearts boards. P4A main:Yu BBCSE main:Ragna
#35ShuyinOnTheWayPosted 11/29/2012 4:53:11 AM
MewtwoEx posted...
Ill leave this here for all of those silly Sony ponies who are in denial this is a rip off of Super Smash Bros.

http://i.imgur.com/EUoxN.png

Have a good day, abandon fanboy ships!!!! you been exposed!!!

LOL! The tags... omg HAHA
---
Official Flying Airship of the Final Fantasy Versus XIII Board
My Level 1 Walkthrough: www.youtube.com/user/ShuYinOnTheWay <--- PSN
#36CaiusIcePosted 11/29/2012 5:53:43 AM
Yeah as if smash bros wasn't a rip off of outfoxies?
#37PielordXPosted 11/29/2012 1:06:10 PM
AsianSuperman posted...
PielordX posted...
AsianSuperman posted...
If the guys at SuperBot at the very least admitted that the game was inspired by Smash Brothers, instead of looking awkward and making stupid statements like "Oh. Well it was made by guys who play all sorts of fighting games and get into tournaments!" Or whatever..

Seriously, that's kind of bull was what got hardcore Nintendo fans and even moderate Nintendo fans campaigning heavily against it in the first place.

It's a shame too, since I honestly think PS All-Stars is a fun game.

TC stay out of corporate america, thats the dumbest marketing decision Ive heard on this board.

You're joking right? As I stated before.. When Mortal Kombat came out they did not deny in anyway that it was a copy of Street Fighter. Heck they used it as away of marketing, by suggesting that it was a more EXTREME(90's era), hardcore fighting game. And look what happened? It became the highest selling American made fighting game series.

Even till this day Mortal Kombat sells, with MK9 outselling SSF4.

So seriously, the only thing that's dumb are the statements you're making without knowing the history of fighting games that DO sell.

Let me explain something to you. If Sony allows one of their companies to give credit to their DIRECT rival Nintendo, they will look bad. Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter is completely different because they're both third party. Fighting game history has nothing this. Also, Nintendo will do the exact same thing so don't think its only Sony. As a matter of fact Nintendo copied off of a bunch of people (example: the precious gameboy). Do you think they outright said anything? Why on earth would they credit their immediate rival?
---
If there were more people like me the world would be a better place. That's just a fact. -Compass
#38hajile12Posted 11/29/2012 1:13:24 PM
AsianSuperman posted...
If the guys at SuperBot at the very least admitted that the game was inspired by Smash Brothers, instead of looking awkward and making stupid statements like "Oh. Well it was made by guys who play all sorts of fighting games and get into tournaments!" Or whatever..

Seriously, that's kind of bull was what got hardcore Nintendo fans and even moderate Nintendo fans campaigning heavily against it in the first place.

It's a shame too, since I honestly think PS All-Stars is a fun game.

(Edited) A great example of a company selling their game by admitting that they're "ripping off." When Mortal Kombat came along Ed Boon and co. did not deny in anyway that it was a copy of Street Fighter. Heck they used it as away of marketing, by suggesting that it was a more EXTREME(90's era), hardcore fighting game. And look what happened? It became the highest selling (albeit often satired or mocked) fighting game series made in the U.S.

Even today, despite the fact that it's not the most popular game in the fighting game community MK9 sold more that SSF4. SuperBot should have learned marketing from these guys.

Omar said that psasbr was inspired by smash and other games. What r u on about?
---
Somtimes i go to dog parks even though i dont have a dog. I bring a leash though and i wear a very shifty look. =I
#39Ryumoau23Posted 11/29/2012 2:15:59 PM(edited)
no what would have helped the game was if they had put more effort into the single player content and not just focus on online multiplayer. What was great about Brawl was it had an interesting story mode and various collectable items that each had significance in the nintendo history. I honestly think the arcade mode in this game is worse than even the N64 Smash's single player arcade/story mode. That game at least had an interesting final boss, Master Hand.

There is nothing to unlock in this game but useless profile pics and backgrounds for online play. Its so lazy. Not to mention the terrible menu designs.

I'm actually curious to see how this game fares in Japan next year. Theres hardly that many japanese developed characters, despite it being a SONY game. I guess thats why they are waiting till january to release it there so they can at least add Kat to boost the appeal overseas. :/
---
24 and bisexual. ^ ^
psn: Ryumoau
#40blaze19_0XPosted 11/29/2012 2:15:30 PM
Superbot flatout admitted it was inspired by Smash Bros. They even said they are Smash fans.

/Topic
---
http://allstararena.com
Competitve Hub for Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale