Let's be honest, people: Even if this game was a COMPLETE rip-off of SSBB.......

#1iPutinWORKPosted 11/29/2012 5:26:14 AM
................It still does it better.
---
PSN Salesrobmy7 | I play: MvC2 and PSASBR || Add me!
Favorites SMB3 | FFT | FFX | MvC2 | Pokemon
#2Retroxgamer0Posted 11/29/2012 5:27:47 AM(edited)
a few people seem to forget how bad smash bros online is. even this new inexperienced team did it at least 5 times better than nintendo did with their own first party game. and for nintendo its their big series, for sony, its just "another game"
#3iPutinWORK(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 6:08:25 AM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
a few people seem to forget how bad smash bros online is. even this new inexperienced team did it at least 5 times better than nintendo did with their own first party game. and for nintendo its their big series, for sony, its just "another game"

I mean I don't think it's an overstatement to say that super smash brothers online is god awful
---
#4iPutinWORK(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 6:11:12 AM
the other thing that I will say is that when I lot of people make the comparisons to Super Smash Brothers, and say that this game pales in comparison it is the nostalgia goggles talking. Rosy- colored nostalgia is clouding their judgement! super smash brothers was an excellent game but it's not going to cure cancer!!!!
---
#5PhantomEmperorPosted 11/29/2012 6:19:05 AM
iPutinWORK posted...
the other thing that I will say is that when I lot of people make the comparisons to Super Smash Brothers, and say that this game pales in comparison it is the nostalgia goggles talking. Rosy- colored nostalgia is clouding their judgement! super smash brothers was an excellent game but it's not going to cure cancer!!!!

To be honest when they say smash is better they never give a clear cut fully thought out explanation why and most say melee was better thats it when most dont even play it anymore or even competitive like they claim to begin with they just link you to YT vids.
---
PSN:PhantomEmperor
PSASBR:Raiden,Sly,Ratchet UNIB:Seth,Gordeau BBCP:Hakumen,hazama,jin UMVC3:Jill,vjoe,storm SSF4ae:Vega,Yang SSBB:Fox,Marth MK9:Ermac KOF:K`
#6NinPhoenix64Posted 11/29/2012 10:05:37 AM
Smash Bros online is incredibly laggy, yes. But online is probably the only place that PSAS beats it. Smash's single player is more cohesive (mainly because its set-up is simple and spelled-out, compared to the vague set-up of Polygon Man and non-sensible rivalries) and it's battle system is more polished, IMO -- which makes sense because its had three iterations versus PSAS's 1. PSAS also has items that don't seem as important or recognizable as they do in Smash. Some of them are obvious, but others are obscure, undefined, and/or quite useless.

Honestly, though, I'm just glad this game exists. Its not quite as good as Smash Bros to me, but its still a lot of fun and gives me a chance to play as some of my favorite characters from this generation. Competition raises quality, so hopefully SSB and PSAS will push each other further in the future.
---
"I aim with my eye. I shoot with my mind. I kill with my heart. And that is the truth." - The Dark Tower.
#7PokemonYoutubePosted 11/29/2012 10:19:41 AM(edited)
Retroxgamer0 posted...

Because online is all that matters. Doesn't matter how horrible the gameplay is, as long as you can play it online decently, it's a superior game.

Get out now.
---
www.youtube.com/GeneralSecura