Dante Only Needs ONE buff

#21PhantomEmperor(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 10:14:46 AM
xxterradarkxxx posted...
PhantomEmperor posted...
Spootz posted...
Whiffs should be punishable. End of discussion.

Yet so many characters do and dont get punished -_- why should dante be the only one with such long recovery and its so stupid you can cancel triangle into circle but not square triangle that isnt stupid to you?

So either every one is punishable on whiff of certain attacks, or no one is. That would make things a little more even.

That would never happen people would rage to much and its only one buff that is all dante needs his gun can still be useless -_-
---
PSN:PhantomEmperor
PSASBR:Raiden,Sly,Ratchet UNIB:Seth,Gordeau BBCP:Hakumen,hazama,jin UMVC3:Jill,vjoe,storm SSF4ae:Vega,Yang SSBB:Fox,Marth MK9:Ermac KOF:K`
#22Retroxgamer0Posted 11/29/2012 10:51:17 AM
you act like this is a competitive game or something "this needs buffs so i can play competitively" did you forget this is a casual party game? lol yes dante has to work harder to do the same thing as another character with ease, but thats what you want, challenge, you get challenge, but dont expect buffs that make it a competitive game full of fighting game mechanics...remember this is the same game where theres a burlap sack shooting cake out of a helmet at you.
#23xxterradarkxxxPosted 11/29/2012 10:56:37 AM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
you act like this is a competitive game or something "this needs buffs so i can play competitively" did you forget this is a casual party game? lol yes dante has to work harder to do the same thing as another character with ease, but thats what you want, challenge, you get challenge, but dont expect buffs that make it a competitive game full of fighting game mechanics...remember this is the same game where theres a burlap sack shooting cake out of a helmet at you.

and mvc is competitive fighting game where a midget, a lawyer, and a dog can fight you. This game can be competitive. And if this game doesn't need nerfs or buffs why are you crying about dante, sack boy, raiden and kratos? it's not competitive right?
---
Psn: zslayer89
#24Retroxgamer0Posted 11/29/2012 11:10:18 AM(edited)
hey hes a competitive lawyer!!

anyways i think the infinite loop was intentional i mean it looks intentional but the chaining into a super? highly doubt it.
#25PhantomEmperor(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 11:24:38 AM
Retroxgamer0 posted...

Stupidest comment I've seen on this board you do know this game was made to be competitive?
---
PSASBR:Raiden,Sly,Ratchet UNIB:Seth,Gordeau BBCP:Hakumen,hazama,jin UMVC3:Jill,vjoe,storm SSF4ae:Vega,Yang SSBB:Fox,Marth MK9:Ermac KOF:K`
#26Retroxgamer0Posted 11/29/2012 11:29:38 AM
PhantomEmperor posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...

Stupidest comment I've seen on this board you do know this game was made to be competitive?

it has some depth left there so players dont get bored but uh yeah this is about as casual as you can get with a fighting game, other than super smash bros.
#27PhantomEmperor(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 2:22:01 PM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
PhantomEmperor posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...

it has some depth left there so players dont get bored but uh yeah this is about as casual as you can get with a fighting game, other than super smash bros.

Im curious do you have the game?
---
#28LaKizzle23Posted 12/1/2012 8:35:14 PM
Oh, hello there Dante player who only does square x3 combos into empty cancel. Its the Good Cole who fought you.

If Dante's square could be cancelled into his triangle attacks even on block, he would literally be unpunishable in the hands of a good player.

All you would have to do as Dante would be mash his square combos. If your opponent blocks, triangle side circle away, and try again. Don't you think that would be considered overpowered?
---
PSN: Lakizzle23
#29-BrokenSpiral-Posted 12/1/2012 8:40:37 PM
LaKizzle23 posted...
If Dante's square could be cancelled into his triangle attacks even on block, he would literally be unpunishable in the hands of a good player.

All you would have to do as Dante would be mash his square combos. If your opponent blocks, triangle side circle away, and try again. Don't you think that would be considered overpowered?

this. Should've been obvious
---
Tales only wishes it could match Ys. - lennethsoki <=== QFT
Rinoa Heartilly = My most hated RPG character
#30Parukia256Posted 12/1/2012 8:44:12 PM
No, that just makes Dante a contender for a broken character, sure it takes work to get there, but broken nonetheless.

If anything, he should be able to cancel his attacks on block AT MOST. Dante already has stupid good mobility, easy AP burst combos, and true combos into supers. He's good enough as he is now.
---
Love like winter.