Superbot are going to nerf Sackboy. Relax.

#21NightMareBunnyPosted 11/29/2012 10:45:47 PM
this reminds me of when phoenix wright was nerfed in UMVC3 yet they give him nothing in return so all the screaming and crying just turned a fun character into a character whose practically useless even in it's supposed god mode
---
JUS FC:347983426961
Diamond FC:4167-0966-1829
#22GameplayZeroPosted 11/29/2012 10:55:24 PM
If people respawn as normal, how is Sackboy going to pop people? They should just cut down the time or speed bubbles up.
#23Lorenzo_2003Posted 11/29/2012 11:38:17 PM
8f9g43k8ku7335p posted...
I don't understand how these things aren't evident and fixed before a game's release. Don't they have testers for this. How did they not realize at some point, "hmm, you know what, Sackboy's level 3 is a tad overpowered. F*** it, let's release the game and patch it later"

You're probably oversimplifying the process. Programmers aren't just going to rush in and change code, unless they've done adequate testing to both ensure that the change is justified and that it won't cause problems elsewhere. Typically, there are also many other tasks that have priority before the game is released, including squashing bugs and whatever else is needed. Combine all that with the fact that the team is working under a deadline and possibly with funding issues.
#24Chzrm3Posted 11/29/2012 11:42:23 PM
8f9g43k8ku7335p posted...
I don't understand how these things aren't evident and fixed before a game's release. Don't they have testers for this. How did they not realize at some point, "hmm, you know what, Sackboy's level 3 is a tad overpowered. F*** it, let's release the game and patch it later"

It seems like this was a last-minute change, actually. It's funny, as someone else in the thread mentioned, his level 3 used to be fine. He'd get 3 kills (in an FFA), and then they'd spawn normally. It'd probably still operate as an "if he hits you again, you die again" super, but that's fine, lots of people have those like Raiden, Dante, Nate (heck with Nate's you're still a zombie when you respawn).

So what probably happened is that internal testers actually didn't do well with Sackboy, and they buffed his level 3 to compensate.

It could be because people at Superbot were just better at dealing with him. We've only been playing the game for a week and a half, they'd presumably played it for over a year. Maybe once you're comfortable with which attacks clean out his electric pad, how to get around his cakes without feeding him some ap in the process, etc, he becomes easier to deal with.

We'll see! I have a feeling he'll be nerfed before a year, honestly. And it's justified because all these spammers in 2 v 2/FFA are making everyone hate my favorite character. >:|
---
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#25AnomalycadPosted 11/29/2012 11:46:46 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
It's pretty obvious now. They have all the data concerning which characters come in first, second etc. the most. They've said this countless times.
Now there would be no point in having this if they weren't going to do something with it.

With all the constant complaints+their data I say it's only a matter of time.
What I'm more curious about is how they will nerf him.

Sackboy needs no nerf. Leave him be. Plus Superbot never said this because you have no link. Nerfing just ruins a character and should never be done at all
#26ImDyinSquirtlePosted 11/29/2012 11:48:33 PM
Anomalycad posted...
blaze19_0X posted...
It's pretty obvious now. They have all the data concerning which characters come in first, second etc. the most. They've said this countless times.
Now there would be no point in having this if they weren't going to do something with it.

With all the constant complaints+their data I say it's only a matter of time.
What I'm more curious about is how they will nerf him.

Sackboy needs no nerf. Leave him be. Plus Superbot never said this because you have no link. Nerfing just ruins a character and should never be done at all

I CANT CONTROL IT DARK PHOENIX RISES
---
Help me Squirtle, dont just stand there...Im freaking dying